Catch Up.

New Flame.
sacSUyr.jpg
Chapter 10

"So what is it like in here?" Hyungwon shifts on the bench they're seated on as he tries to get a look at the personnel and patients passing by. 

Wonho smirks. He's never seen his friends so eager. "For the most part, it's like any other hospital. Except everybody is completely bonkers. They usually try to keep us all seperate, we have designated times for interactions. I've acutally met a couple of people here. I talk to a shrink like everyday so there's that too."

"Like any other hospital? Doesn't sound like it." Hyungwon settles in his seat. "Here. As requested." He holds out a snickers candy bar.

"You. You are truly an angel." Wonho holds his hand out to recieve the candy bar. "I'd kiss you, but my guard over there would probably tackle me to the ground, thinking i'm trying to off you." 

"Oh, shut it." Hyungwon chuckles. 

"So...I hate to bring this up, but have you heard anything from Nayeon?" 

Hyungwon frowns. It's been four months since she left, and there's still a sore spot right where this conversastion is concerned. "No. You know I'd tell you if I did."

Wonho nods, he's not going to push it. Instead, "They're thinking about releasing me." 

"They what?" Hyungwon's expression changes. 

"I'm stabalized. I haven't had an episode in such a long time, and the medications they have me on, they seem to be doing their jobs. I feel...I feel like i'm in a better place now."

"Better enough to go to school without goliath over there, following you?"

"Ugh. School sounds so damn annoying now that I think about it. Maybe I should fake an episode so I don't have to go back?" Wonho jokes. 

"Its not that bad, people acutally miss you, you know?" 

"Like you?" Wonho nudges Hyungwon on the shoulder. 

"Of course, drama queen." Hyungwon nudges Wonho in return. "So hurry up and come back. You've got a lot of catching up to do."

"I'm not looking forward to it." 

"But I am." 

"Aren't you sappy." Wonho winks. 

"Only for you." Hyungwon stands with a wink of his eye. "I should get going lover boy. I'll see you tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, Yeah. I'll look forward to it. Bring Dami along too, it's been a while since I've seen the two of you together. You're still a thing right?" 

Hyungwon nods his head. "I'll bring her tomorrow, if she isn't busy with the drama club. They're having a play next month."

"Sweet. Hopefully I'll be out to see all the hardwork she's put into it."

"That'd be nice." Hyungwon waves a hand. 

Wonho nods his head and watches as his best friend goes off. 

 

 

"Why don't you go get your things then, while I finish up with your paperwork? Mikos will accompany you." 

Wonho nods his head, leaving his parents with his psychiatrist. Today was it. His sweet release from the psycheatric ward. He'd been here for a total of five months now, going onto his sixth if Doctor Marinas hadn't signed off on his release. He'd been pretty scared today thought, he thought he was in trouble for talking up his neighboor, Mitchel the night before because they weren't allowing him any visitors today. He came to realize it when he saw his parents together in Doctor Marinas' office that it was because he'd have plenty of time for visitors once he was released. Wonho makes a turn  down the corridor as Mikos leads him down the corridor to his wing. 

The walk from Doctor Marinas' office to his room was an excrutiating one. He was located on the furthest corner of the hospital from her office, and the walk took almost five minutes. How do you walk with somebody in silence for that long? So, throughout his time here, he made friends with Mikos and they came to have some pretty interesting talks each time. He learned Mikos was a commercial fisher before his job here. Of course, Mikos wasn't allowed to share details of his family, but Wonho has a suspicion he's married with at least two children. He likes to think that Mikos has a daughter named Inna, and a son named Wonho, but that's far fetched, as Mikos has told him hundreds of times. 

"I'm proud of you Hoseok." 

"Awh, Mikos don't miss me too much, alright?" 

"Don't worry, I won't miss you. I don't want to see you in here again, you got it?"

"I know, I know." Wonho rolls his eyes, they turn another corner. 

"I mean it. I'd be happy to see you out there, but never here. Not again." 

"Thanks Mikos."

"No problem." 

"So, does this mean you can finally tell me about your family Mikos?" 

Mikos lifts a brow. "Nice try, kid." 

When they finally make it to Wonho's room he lets out a breath of air. "Oh, I will not miss this at all." He darts forward to collect his things, which consists of several notebooks, letters, and trinkets from other patients. He puts them all into his backpack and chucks it over his shoulder. When he stands he takes in the room once more. 

"Are you all set?"

"Yeah...I'm ready Mikos." Wonho turns, finally and leaves the room. 

 

 

"They're all staring at me." 

"Well...yeah, why wouldn't they? They know you've been in the looney b-- OUCH." Jooheon finishes with a groan. His hand shoots to his ribcage and his eyes send daggers at Hyungwon, who's wounded him. 

"So what?" Hyungwon says. "They used to look at you before too."

It was...partially true.

"Just give it a shot. If you don't like it, then... it." Hyungwon continues. 

Wonho sighs. "What other choice do I have?" He moves past his best friend, toward the entrance of the school. He can hear the soft murmurs of his classmates, but he pays them no mind. 

Wonho makes his way to the front office, where his parents informed him that the secretary had everything ready for him. Since being in the hospital, Wonho had regained the relationship he'd lost with his parents. It was weird being back in their graces, and though he tried to live with them for a while, he got tired of it very quickly. They were very much aware of it too, and let him move back to the condo he'd had beforehand, offering to pay his rent this time around. They promised to get together more often, as well, which they've upheld. It was funny what hospitalization did for him. 

When he walks into the office, he's immediately greeted by their secretaries cheeky grin. "Hoseok! Welcome back." 

"Uh, thanks. My parents said I should come by here first?" 

"Of course. I spoke with your teachers and the principal, all the accomodations have been made. Here is your schedule." She hands Wonho his schedule and locker combination. He thanks her. 

He's about to leave the office when she calls out again. "Hoseok?"

"Hm?" 

"Goodluck. If you have any trouble, its improtant that you know we're all here for you if you need to talk. Or you can schedule an appointment with the Ms. Son." Wonho has to stop himself from rolling his eyes. Ms. Son was their guidance councelor, and she very much did not guide them anywhere. 

"Thanks Sandara."

"That's Ms. Park to you, Hoseok." Though she has a straight face, he knows she's glad to have him back at school. 

Wonho exits the office and walks to his locker. It was the same one he had before he left, but the combination was different now. As he approaches it, a group of guys walk up to him.

"So, you're back?" 

"Yeah, it sure does look like it." Wonho replies. 

"You better stay out of our way, a lot has changed since you've been gone. We're not going to stand you hooking up with our girls anymore."

"Its really funny that you think that was a one sided situation." Wonho looks at the combination on the paper and lifts a hand to the knob on his locker. "Besides, I'm not into any of that anymore. The entire reason I was in a psych ward was to get over that ." He turns the knob in the other direction. "Now if you wouldn't mind, I have my own to deal with here." With a final turn, he pops his locker open. 

Wonho plops some of the books into his locker and notices the group of guys still standing there. "What else could you possibly want? You've said what you wanted to say, so g--"

"Let us make it real clear Wonho. If you even look at our girls, we'll make you wish you weren't born." 

Wonho looks each man in the eye and laughs. "Guys, really? The only girl I want and continue to want is overseas. Also, my parents beat you to that a couple years ago, so good luck with making me wish I wanted to be alive."

Wonho shuts his locker and is abruptly shoved into the lockers. "We ain't playing!"

"Agh...Whoa." Wonho rubs the back of his head where skull hit locker. "Guys, neither am I.  My parents hated me, and they said some pretty nasty things, I swear, I wanted to die." 

The guy winds his fist back and as he's about to smash it into Wonho's jaw, he's tackled to the ground and knocked to the ground. "Who do you think you're messing with?" 

Wonho regains his composure and looks at the person who saved him. Along with him is none other than his best friend and Jooheon. 

"If you know what's good for you, you leave Hoseok alone. Or you'll deal with me and the entire football team." The guy warns. 

"A-Alright. Geez. We were just talking." 

"My . You had poor Hoseok against the lockers. If that what you call talking, why don't I er punch you where the sun doesn't shine and we can say we were planning a location to play video games?" 

"I get it. We're leaving...."

"Get lost then."

The group of guys scurry off and the muscular football captain turns to Hoseok. "Hey, don't pay them any mind. They're just looking to cause trouble. I'm Hyunwoo, but my friends call me Shownu."

"Shin Hosek." Wonho holds out a hand to shake Shownu's. "But you know that already...So...Sorry in advance if I ed one of your girlfriends before?"

"No harm done. Besides, there's no way you would have ed my girlfriend."

"Wha-?" Wonho's taken aback. "How could I not have? I've done everybody in this school."

"He's..." Hyungwon starts.

"He's with me." another voice emerges, coming out to grip Shownu's hand into his own.

"Wonho, this is Kihyun. Kihyun, this is Wonho."

"Shin Hoseok." Wonho corrects. Then, he looks at the small group he's surrounded by. "That's my name, that's what I'm going to be called from now on. Wonho was...he was somebody else."

"Okay." Hyungwon nods. 

"Well, it's a pleassure to meet you Hoseok." Kihyun smiles. 

"Right." Shownu agrees. "I hope we can all get along?" 

"Of course." Wonho nods. "But first, do any of you have Ms. Kim for ceramics?" 

Author's note

HEYO. yes, it's been like years, but here I am with another chappie. (': sorry it took me years but I honestly forgot this story existed. 
Don't expect to have constant updates, the story comes and it goes but hopefully this year gives me more inspiration to update this often.
Hope yoou liked this chapter! :D