An Angel's Halo

New Flame.
JF0iSgs.jpg
Chapter 1

"Hey, Wonho, have you seen Nayeon?" 

Wonho looks up from his locker to face Hyungwon. "Nah. Not since the two of you smooched up a storm at lunch." He smirks, slinging his backpack onto his back.

"Haha." Hyungwon rolls his eyes. "I'm serious."

"Me too." Wonho shuts his locker and begins walking toward the double doors, leading outside. 

Hyungwon has to run to catch up with Wonho's pace. He tugs at Wonho's arm, making him stop in his place. Wonho turns to look at Hyungwon. 

"Man, what's the big deal anyway?" Wonho examines his bestfriend then lets out a sigh. "I'll help you find her." 

"You need to stop skipping classes Wonho." Hyungwon comments, a smile plastered on his lips.

Wonho scoffs and turns his back, yet again, heading toward the school's exit. 

"Is that the thanks I get for helping you look for the princess? If so, you should work on it!" Wonho raised his arms and sprung them forward to push the double doors open. 

Hyungwon watched as his best friend walked out of the building and spun on his heels to walk in the opposite direction. He passed a clock overhead in the hall and laughed to himself. He'd managed to catch Wonho right before his 'appointment'. Everyday around this time, Wonho would meet with a girl in the courtyard behind the gymnasium and it amazed Hyungwon that it was never the same girl. Sometimes he wondered if half of those girls even attended the same school. Although he knew Wonho didn't care, Hyungwon was a bit worried for his friend's reputation. Wonho was already known to sleep around with almost every women that walked past him, he was labeled as a play boy by the student body. However, none of the student body knew Wonho like Hyungwon had. 

Whenever Wonho hooked up with a girl, everything was up to the female. Wonho would pick places to take them but the choice to continue the  affair was completely theirs. He was well mannered and even walked away when they said they'd had enough. He was considerate, but unfortunately, Hyungwon was the only person who knew that. Wonho was never the type to chase a girl for too long either, so most girls would get frustrated that they became a -and-chuck and began spreading rumors on how horrible Wonho was. 

Hyungwon sighed and walked into the drama room. He really hoped that Wonho could get a hold of himself and find someone worth fighting for. Hell, the day Wonho found someone, he'd definitely throw a party for the guy. 

"Mrs. Kang, have you seen Nayeon?" Hyungwon asked as he walked up to the teacher's desk.

"Let see..." Mrs. Kang flipped through rosters and looked over several names. "I had Nayeon for homeroom. She showed up, but she told me she wouldn't be able to come in after school because an emergency came up. I thought you'd know why?" Mrs. Kang looked up at Hyungwon.

"Sorry Mrs. Kang, I'm as clueless as you are. I'm going to try and find her." Hyungwon turned toward the door.

"Good luck Hyungwon!" She called out after him as he fled the classroom.

Hyungwon raised his hand and waved it in her direction before heading back out toward his locker. He turned the dial on the lock three times and poped the locker open as soon as he heard the click, indicating the locker was unlocked. He took books from his bag and stuffed them neatly into his locker before shutting it again. Hyungwon took his phone from his pocket to check for any missed calls or messages, but there were none.

"Where the heck are you?" He breathed, hovering over her name in his contact list. 

Hyungwon was about to pocket his phone when he felt it vibrate. He took another look at it in anticipation, only to be dissapointed when he saw Wonho's name. He opened the message.

From: Wonhoe
Time: 2:48 p.m

Body:
School Rooftop. 3 o'clock.


Hyungwon shook his head.

"Great. I haven't heard from my girlfriend all day, and now I have to deal with Wonho after class." He thought to himself. Hyungwon shut his locker and headed to his history class. 

Hyungwon had been twenty minutes late, but he lucked out when he found out that his history teacher wasn't in class today. They'd been stuck with a substitute teacher for the period. Hyungwon took his seat and grabbed for his headphones in his pocket. For the remainder of the period, he listened to music and finished up his homework. 

"Happy? I had to lie to my best friend because I can't tell him where you are." Wonho throws his backpack down onto the ground.

"Trust me Wonho, it'll be worth it." Nayeon picks up Wonho's backpack and takes out the candles. "By the way, thanks for picking these up for me.

"As promised, sweet heart." Wonho grins.

Nayeon ignores the comment and proceeds to add the finishing touches to the small cake. 

"I just don't understand why you're going to so much trouble to do this." Wonho sighs, taking a seat at the bench where Nayeon's decorating the cake at.

"Well, of course this idea is foreign to you, you've never been in a relationship long enough to see the point of this kind of stuff." Nayeon avoids making contact with his gaze. She occupies herself with the pastel colored table cloth.

Wonho scoffs, giving a roll of his eyes. "You know you talk a lot about this and that yet, I bet Hyungwon doesn't even know how close you really are to me. Close enough to call me whenever you need something." He says so matter-of-factly, making Nayeon pause. 

Nayeon looks around before looking at him, and just as she opens to say something about it, the bell rings.

Wonho shoves his hands into his pockets. "Three O'clock. Your boyfriend should be here any moment now. Later, princess." Wonho stands, making his way to the open door that lead down stairs. 

Nayeon bit at her lip and let out a sigh as she watched Wonho walk back into the building. 

Hyungwon was able to get out of class a few minutes earlier to meet up with Wonho before the halls crowded with people. He dropped his bag off in his locker and headed up toward the rooftoop. He reached for the doorknob and paused when he heard the voices. He looked up through the glass window and listened in on the conversation.

"I just don't understand why you're going to so much trouble to do this." Wonho sighed, taking a seat at the bench where Nayeon had been decorating a cake.

"Well, of course this idea is foreign to you, you've never been in a relationship long enough to see the point of this kind of stuff." Nayeon took a handful of the tablecloth into her hands.

Wonho let out a scoff. "You know you talk a lot about this and that yet, I bet Hyungwon doesn't even know how close you really are to me. Close enough to call me whenever you need something."

Nayeon paused. The bell rang. Hyungwon took a step back before either noticed he was there and ran back down stairs to his locker. 

The words kept ringing in his ears. "I bet Hyungwon doesn't even know how close you really are to me. Close enough to call me whenever you need something."

What did he mean by that? 

Hyungwon never wanted to think the worst of a situation, but today his mind was clouded with that fact Nayeon had kept away from him the whole day. 

"Hey man." The voice of his best friend broke him from his thoughts.

"I-... Hey." Hyungwon looks over at Wonho.

"Get your up to the rooftop. I found Nayeon for you." Wonho nudges his head in the direction of the stairs and gives Hyungwon a smile. 

"Yeah...Right." Hyungwon nods and starts heading for the stairs.

"Hyungwon." Wonho calls out.

"Hmm?" Hyungwon turns to look at Wonho.

"Is something wrong?"

Hyungwon shakes his head. Just a bit confused, but..."Nah, I'm okay. Thanks for today though." He begins to jog up the stairs, leaving Wonho to himself.

Hyungwon bursts through the door, taking Nayeon by surprise. 

"Y-Yah...Hyungwon...you scared me." She laughs, standing from her seat. 

Nayeon walks over to Hyungwon with a bright smile. "Happy five months~" She wraps her arms around him. 

Hyungwon stands still, realizing she'd been out of communication to plan all this for him. He hugs her back and looks around. Despite the colors, it was what it appeared to be...a mini celebration for them being together. The cake, the balloons, the table cloth, the ribbons and streamers. 

"How dare I even doubt her."

Hyungwon pulls away from her and swallows the lump in his throat. "I love you, Im Nayeon. Thank you so much for this." He leans, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips. 

"I've definitely taken an angels halo and placed a crown on my heart with this girl...She's everything to me..."

Author's note

Here you go! This has been chapter one. I hope you've enjoyed it so far. I know my writing isn't the best so excuse the errors and my crack shipping. lol. Please leave feedback if you enjoyes, also please subscribe and upvote!~