Chapter VI

One Day One Chance

Fortunately, it didn’t take long before Changmin healed.

After two days of full bed-rest, which was forced by Yunho – and caused Changmin to worry death about every food that Yunho brought to his bed – Changmin finally all set and ready to rock the apartment!

... or so what Changmin said.

Yunho insisted that Changmin still need a day of rest. But Changmin stubbornly resisted, “No, there are lots of my chores portion that I haven’t do. So, I need to do it today,” said Changmin while pulling the broomstick toward him.

Actually, both of them were currently fighting over doing the chores.

“No, Changmin. I’ve done all the chores. You can just sit down, laid back, and watch TV or something. Oh! I heard that they will air the concert of your favorite band. What was their name? Dong Bang.... Dong Bang something... I can’t remember...” said Yunho, murmuring the last line. He also pulling the broomstick toward him.

“Shin Ki.” Changmin rolled his eyes.

“YES! Right! Now, just go watch the concert while eating snacks. I’ll even go to the minimarket and buy you some other if you one,” said Yunho, persuading Changmin.

“Nope, Yunho. That chores that you did was, yesterday. Today, is different day. I’ll do the chores. Yunho can just go and watch TV, probably try watch the Dong Bang Shin Ki’s concert so you’ll finally find out that they are good,” Changmin said, finally winning the broom.

Changmin quickly ran away toward the kitchen.

While Changmin was sick, Yunho of course, like he said, try to did all the chores.

Only to find out that he indeed was... .... at everything but driving car.

And the kitchen. Was. The messiest.

Lots of powder and leftover from instant products scattered everywhere. All of them can be found on the kitchen floor, on the kitchen counter.

Changmin sighed quietly, reminding himself not to let Yunho cook unsupervised anymore, and started to sweep the floor as Changmin actually loves doing chores. Don’t know, for Changmin it’s actually bring peace on his mind.

Changmin did his job happily, he hums to some songs while at that.

Yunho, who lost the broom battle, was already sit down on the sofa, pouting – giving up on trying to do the chores instead of Changmin. Yunho the TV, still upset, but was taken aback as Changmin started humming.

This is what Yunho missed while Changmin was sick.

It was only two days, but Yunho missed Changmin’s angelic voice. Yunho even set up the TV’s volume lower, so he could hear Changmin humming.

It’s good that Changmin didn’t seem to realize that, because, Yunho will be really shy to admit that he, actually, really enjoy Changmin’s voice. If Changmin ever found out.

Yunho was just randomly switching from channel to channel. When he found out a channel was airing a certain band concert.

“Hey, Changmin. See this. Is this the... Bang... Bang... Tong Bang... something. The band that you like?” asked Yunho, pointing the TV’s remote toward the screen.

Changmin walked toward the living room. His shirt was already covered in dust from cleaning the kitchen.

Changmin squinting his eyes, trying to see the tv with much clearer view, “Ahhh! Yes! This is Dong Bang Shin Ki, Yunho. I like them,” Changmin said with joy. He then walked back toward the kitchen while humming the Dong Bang Shin Ki’s song that was currently played on TV.

Yunho nodded his head, “Hmm... not bad...”

Changmin giggled at that, “They are very eminent, Yunho. Don’t you know them?”

Changmin could see Yunho shaking his head in response from across the kitchen’s counter. “I don’t listen to boyband...” Yunho said. His eyes still fixed to the TV’s screen.

“Oh, look! This tall guy looks like you,” Yunho said, pointing toward the TV again.

Changmin nodded delightfully, “So they said! His name is Max, isn’t he?”

Again, Yunho shook his head, “Not sure. They aren’t showing name,”

Changmin had finally done sweeping the kitchen. He then moved toward the living room.

“Everytime I went somewhere, people will mostly mistaken me for him. I’m pleased though. Max is the most handsome and his body is also the nicest. But, U-Know got the charisma. His dazzling charm isn’t something you can reject,” Changmin said. He also pointed toward the TV’s screen, “Look, the one with the black hair? If he ever said that he love me, I won’t reject him, not even a second!”

Yunho stared toward Changmin judgingly, “You are quite easy to please, are you?” Yunho said. Yunho didn’t know why, but he somehow feel annoyed hearing Changmin said that. What is it? That U-Know guy just seems like a basic ordinary men with bad boy charm. Bet that this U-Know guy is only good at attracting people with his charm but no other else.

... But why would Yunho feel annoyed hearing Changmin’s fanboying claim?

Was Yunho jealous?

Yunho grumbled at that thought. Why would Yunho jealous on someone, because Changmin?

Yunho, anyway, lowered the TV’s volume even more.

“Changmin...” called Yunho quietly.

“Hmmm?” Changmin answered absent-mindedly. He was still enjoying sweeping while humming to the Dong Bang Shin Ki’s song.

“I signed up for my campus theater play...” Yunho said slowly.

Changmin stopped humming, “What?”

“I signed up for my campus theater play – actually, my friend signed me up without my consent. But I think, why not? It will be quite hard adjusting the practice schedule with my job schedule though... but I...”

Yunho didn’t finished his sentence, as he was too surprised when Changmin suddenly ran toward him, and jumped onto him, while screaming, “OH MY GOD, YUNHO! THAT SOUNDS VERY COOL! YUNHO I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!”

“WOW! YES! OKAY! CHANGMIN, DON’T SCREAM AT MY EAR!” Yunho said while struggling to push Changmin away.

Changmin finally let go of Yunho, and sat next to Yunho while staring at him with his usual sparkly eyes, “YUNHO! THAT’S VERY COOL! OH MY GOD. YUNHO! WHAT PLAY? WHAT IS IT? WHEN?” Changmin asked, holding Yunho’s hands tightly while jumping on his seat.

Yunho blushed. To be honest, actually Yunho said that for... kind of showing off toward Changmin. But, Yunho seriously didn’t expected Changmin’s strong joyful reaction toward his sudden announcement.

“Well...” Yunho scratched his head, “I just signed up... so... I’m not quite sure. Though they said it’s gonna be Oedipus... and they planned to cast me as the main cast... so... I’m gonna be the king...”

Changmin hugged Yunho, again. Caused Yunho to jumped in surprise, again, too.

“YUNHO YOU ARE THE BEST! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT I REALLY AM YOUR ROOM MATE! I AM TOO GOOD TO BE A ROOM MATE OF SUCH GREAT PERSON LIKE YOU!” Changmin said while laughing happily.

And, that’s enough to caused Yunho blushed even harder.

Without realizing, Yunho, this last week, has been caught up in Changmin’s affection.

Every time Yunho get the chance to do it, Yunho would purposely seek Changmin’s attention.

All that had been successfully done, giving Yunho a prize of tight hugs on him, usually.

And... Yunho loved it.

Why would it be, though? Yunho wondered.

Yunho could feel his heart (or was it Changmin? Changmin hugged him too tight though, it could be his heart beat) thump faster at Changmin’s touch.

Yunho finally reached up Changmin’s back and hugged him too.

Changmin quickly get into his snuggling habbit as Yunho hugged him back.

“Mmmpff...” mumbled Changmin while burying his head on Yunho’s shoulder.

“I always enjoyed your bear-ly hug, Yunho...” muttered Changmin.

Yunho sighed. He should have used up to this already, Changmin enjoying his big body. Whatever, Yunho thought. He got to enjoy this small cute kid affection.

Yunho stuffed his nose onto Changmin’s soft hair.

“Don’t you listen to music, Yunho?” asked Changmin softly. His eyes already turned to the TV, enjoying his favorite boyband concert.

“Hmm...” Yunho also stared toward the TV, “Yeah... but not idol boyband...” Yunho said with high voice.

Changmin laughed, “Don’t judge idol like that. They are actually good. Both U-Know and Max are wonderful singer and dancer. It’s just the media and people’s wrong prejudice that made them seems bad. I mean, just look at how they danced to their song!”

Yunho didn’t respond. He just silently watch the concert on TV.

Yunho had to admit that they, indeed, have good moves.

 It’s not that Yunho can’t dance! Actually, because Yunho danced too, he know how hard would it be to move like those guys on TV.

Also, the more Yunho listen, they indeed have good voice.

Changmin reached up the TV’s remote on the table and turned the volume louder.

“This was both U-Know and Max’s last concert before their military service though. So, this is special concert. So gonna missed them...” Changmin continued talking while still turning the volume a bit louder again.

“Hmm? Army service? How old are they? They didn’t looked old... considering idol always get into army late” Yunho asked.

“U-Know is 30 and Max is 28. But both decided to enlist together. Very romantic right,” said Changmin while smiling sheepishly. The thought of having someone, very loyal, beside you for a long time seems to be such a blessing. Changmin’s heart warming up at that. He hugged Yunho – whose kinda loosen their hug a bit earlier – tighter. Enjoying the older’s body warmth.

Yunho embraced Changmin as he snuggled his way closer again.

“Huh? Really? Are they in some kind of romantic relationship or what... I mean...” Yunho waving his free hand between U-Know and Max who appeared on screen, currently doing the show’s ment, “Look at how they stared at each other? Even someone who don’t know them and see this will say that they have spark of chemistry!” exclaimed Yunho.

Changmin laughed, “Well, they probably are. I mean... there are some kind of rumors and so... I envy that U-Know guys though. Looked at how Max stared at him. So happy, so proud, ... so in love...” Changmin whispered the last word.

Both of them fell silent for a moment. Watching as the concert finally moved toward the singing part again.

Changmin put the TV’s remote. His hand then carefully moved toward Yunho’s hand, holding it, then caressing it with his thumb softly. Leaving a warm trail on Yunho’s backhand.

“You will be barely at home, once you started your theater practice routine, right?” asked Changmin.

Yunho swears Changmin’s voice sounds slightly sad.

“Yeah... ugghh especially with work to do. I bet I will soon have weekend shift...” protested Yunho.

Changmin suddenly pulled himself from Yunho’s hug, stood up while grinning, then went back to the broom he left on the corner of the room.

“It’s okay, Yunho! I will take care of this house well while you’re gone and make sure that you’ll always be back to a clean and bright house! I will also do the cook for you, so don’t worry!” said Changmin cheerfully.

Yunho’s eyes followed Changmin as the hyper kid started sweeping, humming, and a bit dancing too, happily. “Don’t overdo yourself, Changmin. The practice is just about to started. So, it won’t take up much time, yet.”

Yunho laid down on the sofa. Watching at the duo on the TV who still singing, now a ballad song, while staring at each other lovingly.

Yunho gulped, somehow he understood what Changmin meant by envying that couple.

“And about work...” Yunho continued, “Since I’m sharing this apartment with you, I don’t have to work as hard anymore. So, I guess I’ll just reduced the schedule... a bit,” Yunho said.

He turned toward Changmin. Wondering if Changmin listened to him or not. Changmin nodded in excitement though, “I’ll be glad to be able to see you still... at least once a week though,” said Changmin. He was then moving toward the bedroom already.

Yunho turned away from Changmin again. Somehow, his face turned red.

Don’t know why, but a tap of happiness filled Yunho as he heard Changmin said that he actually expecting to spend a time with him... at least once a week.

And Yunho, quietly planning on his head to actually cut-off his working schedule, so he will be able to be at home for Changmin.

Yunho continued watching the TV.

Somehow... the scene suddenly turned into some kind of... romantic atmosphere.

The Max guy seems to be confused as some light turned off. Showing only spotlight on him and U-Know as a slow music started playing.

Yunho soon raised his eyebrow in amazement, because the U-Know guy suddenly kneeled before Max, and offering him a box of a ring.

U-Know just proposed to Max on their last concert before enlistment!

 

A/N: HI! I finally updated! So sorry because it took so long >< like I said, I kinda need to resort this story a bit since I almost went away from my very first story-plot intention ><*. What i forgot is the fact that Yunho was astounded by Changmin's voice and that Yunho is studying at music major. But, now it's (kinda) finally back. So... probably just consider this chapter as a filler before we moving up to the next phase of this story? :P I promised you that the next story will be more interesting *as this story is a romantic story, but I haven't touched that topic, yet!* so, please do expect the next chapter <3 As always, thank you for reading and leaving comment :* please do keep supporting and enjoying my story :* Love you guys!