Chapter III

One Day One Chance

“Changmin?” Yunho peeked from the bathroom. A towel wrapped him on his hip and his hands busy scrubbing his wet hairs with a smaller towel.

Changmin stepped inside toward the bedroom where the bathroom also sided at. He looked toward Yunho, staring at his body, then letting out an amazed sigh, “Woaah... such a... great body for someone who eat once a day...”

It’s not that Yunho’s body was carved in abs though. But... Changmin thought that it’s wide, soft, and... nicely filled.

Yunho pouted as he heard what Changmin said, “Did you mean to say that i am fa...”

“NO! Oh, come on Yunho. What if you are big? I love someone with big body like yours. I can hug it like a teddy bear...” Changmin said with squeaky cute voice while doing a hug gesture.

Yunho’s face become red as he heard that. He was shocked as Changmin suddenly talked in a cute, sweet voice, but also touched that someone can be as positive as Changmin.

Yunho then stepped out from the bathroom’s door, giving way for Changmin to take a bath.

“Well, now, you can use the bathroom...” Yunho whispered slowly.

Changmin smiled happily while saying “Yaaay”. He rushed toward the side of his room, took a towel, and then walked toward the bathroom while hums happily.

Yunho could only shook his head as Changmin closed the bathroom door.

After Yunho fully dressed, he took his phone, and started browsing things. He saw his friends posting  a link to a new video of Yunho’s favorite band. Yunho quickly tapped the link.

The video still buffering for a quiet a while. Yunho was waiting while tapping the phone’s case with his finger, when suddenly he heard a sweet voice coming from inside the bathroom.

At first, Yunho was creeped out. Why would there suddenly be a singing voice from the bathroom? Yunho was alerted... but then he recognized the small high-pitched voice.

It was Changmin.

Yunho then remembered that Changmin have told him about his habit of singing while showering.  And that Yunho asked him to do audition first before he decided if Changmin could do his habit freely.

But, it seems that Yunho has a clear answer for it.

Changmin’s voice was surprisingly high-pitched and squeaky for a teenager’s voice. But, thankfully, it matched Changmin’s cute and cheerful personality.

Actually Yunho had already guessed that Changmin will actually do well.

And Yunho is right.

Changmin’s chirping like voice was actually not in the annoying context.

It’s sweets, mesmerizing, and... intoxicating.

Changmin hits the high note perfectly, he also reached the low notes very well. Changmin’s squeaky voice actually turned into a mushy-soft one when he sings. It almost felt as if Changmin’s voice purring through his throat, flowing in a smooth stream.

Yunho has already forgot about his still-buffering-video. Yunho has fully sold by Changmin’s sweet voice.

Changmin finally finished showering.  He already had a cute blue boxer with white flower printed pattern as his pants. His hands busy drying his wet long brown-ish hair using his body towel.

Yunho stared at Changmin. Changmin’s body is a typical thin teenager who... actually ate once a day. Yunho shrugged. He pretended to browse through his phone when Changmin stepped out.

So, Yunho didn’t see it when Changmin grinned toward him.

“Yunho,” greeted Changmin. He walked toward his bed. He proceeded to sit down on it, then leaned on Yunho’s bed.

Yunho peeked toward Changmin who still grinning and scrubbing his hairs.

“You passed the audition, Changmin. Congratulation,” Yunho said, trying to keep his voice cool even though he was completely swooned by Changmin’s voice.

Changmin turned his head a bit toward Yunho, “What audition?”

Yunho stayed silent. Letting Changmin remembered his earlier debt toward Yunho.

When Changmin finally remembered, his eyes widened up. He turned toward Yunho with a bright smile painted on his face.

“WHAAT? No way? Did I just allowed to sing while showering by a very talented genius senior of my dream university? IT CAN’T BE HAPPENED!” Changmin laughed happily. He jumped on his bed while whispering “Yes, yes, yes” happily.  His hands clapping while he was jumping.

Yunho smiled as he watched Changmin’s dancing on his bed. This kid is rather cute. Yunho has never have a day so bright like this, filled with laugh and happy squeaks.

Suddenly Changmin jumped on Yunho bed. Surprised Yunho because of that. Changmin grabbed Yunho’s hands, pulled him until Yunho stood up, and brought Yunho to jumping on the bed with him!

Yunho was very surprised. He jumped confusedly, as Changmin laughed so cheerfully.

After a while, Yunho thought that this is quiet fun, and then jumped even crazily with Changmin while singing a random happy song.

The old Yunho who barely did exercise soon feel worn off, though.

“Okay! Okay! Changmin... Stop! We will break the bed! I can’t afford buying a new one yet. Stop... Changmin stop!” said Yunho while panting.

Changmin finally stopped jumping. He still looked very fully energized though compared to Yunho. He grinned toward Yunho, and suddenly hugged Yunho tightly.

Yunho stepped back in surprise. He lost his balance for a while because Changmin suddenly hugged him.

“Thank you, Yunho. You don’t know how much it means for me...” murmured Changmin as he drowned his face on Yunho’s shoulder.

Again, Yunho feel touched. It’s only a day – several hours to be exact – of knowing Changmin.

But Changmin, has been a sweet kid all over this whole day.

Cooking brunch for Yunho, helping Yunho doing the chores, suddenly announcing a surprise meat from Changmin’s mother for them to eat – meats enough to be eaten till their stomach full for a month! – so they had a nice dinner that night after doing an exhausting chore!

Yunho smiled. He finally hugged Changmin back, caressing Changmin’s back with his palm.

“Nah, it’s just a stupid audition for a stupid reason even,” said Yunho. His nose muffled on Changmin’s hair as he smelled the fresh shampoo’s scent from it.

Changmin grinned, he holds Yunho even tighter, “Umphfff... you have a very hug-able body, Yunho,” praised Changmin.

Yunho didn’t think of it as a praise though. He groaned, and jokingly said, “Uggh, not that again,” he jokingly pushed Changmin from his hug, as he pointed toward Changmin’s bed.

“There, there. It’s been late night already, little kid should be sleeping,” teased Yunho.

Changmin pouted as soon as he heard that, “It’s only nine! It’s not even considered night already!” grumbled Changmin.

“Well, kid should have sleep before ten...” Yunho continued teasing.

Changmin protested. But he stepped down from Yunho’s bed anyway and dropped himself to his bed.

Changmin, again, sitting down on his bed, while leaning his back toward Yunho’s bed.

Yunho giggled as he saw Changmin still pouting. He laid down on his bed, turned toward Changmin, and ruffling Changmin’s hair, “Study hard... will you? So we can soon become college-mate,”

Changmin turned toward Yunho, his mouth was grinning already, his eyes sparkled in amazement, “Yes, of course! You shall wait till day the come!” Changmin said excitedly.

Yunho replied with a smile. They stared at each other for a while.

Only then, Yunho noticed that Changmin’s eyes is actually dark brown. Black circles could be seen below his eyes, a sign that Changmin probably has worked very hard during night, studying. His nose is very wide, but it’s still seems to be cutely placed there and making Changmin even more... charming.

And his pink-ish upper lip is thinner than the lower part.

Yunho then realized that they have been too close. He pulled himself backward a bit, but Changmin doesn’t seems to be surprised.

He raised one of his eyebrow, then grinned again, then he tapped Yunho’s cheek, “Okay then, I shall be sleeping...” Changmin said. He turned toward his bed and pulled his blanket, “Good night, Yunho,” whispered Changmin.

Yunho only nodded, still stunned. He turned off the light and on their bedroom. Before he suddenly jolted toward Changmin again, “Wait, are you really going to sleep now?” asked Yunho curiously.

Changmin replied in laugh, Yunho could see his body shaking under the blanket, “Nope. I’ll only pretended to sleep until you fall asleep yourself!” Changmin said between his laugh.

Yunho grunted. He turned his back toward Changmin. Mumbling by himself.

Their first day together was unexpectedly... great.

Yunho has never laughed as much as today.

As Yunho recalling what they did earlier this day... Yunho actually fell asleep earlier than Changmin.