Chapter I

One Day One Chance

“Hi, I’m Shim Changmin. Your new room mate?”

Yunho surprised as a squeaky voice suddenly appeared next to him. He looked away from the magazine he was currently reading and stare at Changmin.

Changmin stuttered “Oh... I’m... sorry that I suddenly barging in... I... saw that door was open and I thought that, instead of knocking the door first I’ll just get in and greeted you right away. Oh, man, I know that I was wrong? I’m so sorry... I...”

Yunho raised his eyebrows, “Oh. No. It’s alright, actually. I was just... surprised...” Yunho then fell silent, “I’m just simply surprised that’s all,” Yunho said.

Yunho then put down his magazine, stood up, and offered Changmin his hand, “I’m Jung Yunho. Nineteen years old. And you...”

Changmin stared at Yunho with sparkly eyes, he grabbed Yunho's hand and shake it “Changmin. Shim Changmin. I’m seventeen years old,”

Yunho looked at Changmin amusingly, “Yes... yes... so... sorry. I was outside the town last month and my friend, Junsu had to set it up for you, right?”

Changmin nodded excitedly, “Junsu is a kind guy. He treated me well during our set up,”

“Good so...” Yunho scratched his head. He actually didn’t quite expected that Junsu will do well helping him finding room mate.

Yunho is currently low in cash and his parents unable to send him some soon. So, Yunho has been busy doing work, college, and finding room mate. Not to mention that Yunho’s job required him to went outside of town sometime. So Yunho almost had no time to find room mate, only to find out at the end of the month, that he still out of money to pay his apartment rent by himself.

So, Junsu had been a big help for him, surprisingly.

“So...” Yunho repeated, “I’ll be very busy with job and college, so... I’ll barely be home. But I couldn’t make a separated key, yet. As for now, we only have one. Wait, you have part time job too, right?” Changmin nodded. “But you also have to study because you’re at your final high school year, right?” Changmin nodded again. “Okay, so you stay at apartment mostly... right?” Changmin answered shortly, “Yes, that’s true!”

“Nice, then. You keep the key, for now,” Yunho then pointed the room key on the table, “Don’t lose it. Okay? I can’t afford making a new one, yet, you understand?” Changmin smiles brightly.

“Good, if you understand it. Then, shall you go outside the apartment, just put the key on the red shoes outside... you see the one on the shoes rack outside this apartment? Good. So, if you aren’t home, and I come early, I can find the key, there,”

Changmin nodded excitedly. He then looked around the room and pointed toward his suitcase while asking, “So... where shall I put this?”

Yunho suddenly smacked his forehead, “TRUE! The bedroom! I have to show you the bedroom... Well...”

Yunho then walked to a room behind the living room, “This is it! Sorry, we... have to share bedroom. Junsu have told you that, right? The room is spacey enough for us two... though”

Changmin eyes lighten up, he blinked and stared at Yunho’s bedroom. It’s actually very tidy and comfortable. Changmin then noticed that the bed is actually a single bed with a sliding bed below. Changmin then giggled.

“It’s alright... actually Junsu didn’t say that I will share bedroom. But it’s alright. This is a nice room! Do I sleep below and take the left side of the room?” Changmin said, still sound cheerful.

Yunho blushed. Of course Junsu would forget saying that! Things has been going too well that Yunho started to feel suspicious. But, Changmin actually took it well? If it was Yunho, Yunho would feel upset and probably mad on that instant.

“Ye... yeah... you sleep below and took the left side of the room,”

Changmin whistled happily. He then proceeded to get into the room, sit on his bed, patting it happily, and opened his suitcase.

It seemed to be that Yunho job has done here, showing Changmin around. His apartment is small anyway, so Changmin will get used fastly.

“Well, then, if you need anything, I’ll be outside, alright?” Yunho said, observing Changmin as he putting his suitcase near the wall as the replacement of the lack of cupboard to keep his shirts.

“Sure, Yunho. Thank you very much. Don’t worry, I can do this myself. I also won’t messing up with your side,” Changmin said while grinning.

Yunho nodded. He then stepped outside, before suddenly turned his head back to Changmin, “Oh! Changmin, do you want to eat something? I mean... if it’s just simple foods... something like fried egg, I can easily cook that,”

Changmin then stopped whistling to answer Yunho, “Fried egg sounds good, If it’s not inconvenience,” Changmin said happily.

“Not at all! Holidays are coming for three days ahead and I’m free. So, I can do the cook for you. You’re also having holidays, right?” asked Yunho carefully.

Changmin nodded, “True. That’s why I can help you for three days ahead. Be it cooking, laundry, or house chore. You tell me,” said Changmin while raising up his thumb, giving an “OK” sign.

“No, no, no. You shall study while you can... and if you feel bored studying... you should playing games or have dinner outside... not doing chores. So... just take it easy, okay?” said Yunho worriedly.

Changmin then smiled, “Ok then, Yunho. Thank you,” he said. Then continued getting his side done.

Yunho nodded silently. He then stepped outside and walked toward the kitchen.

Silently, on his heart, Yunho anticipated the upcoming days with the new, younger, and bright cheerful room mate!