Chapter VII

One Day One Chance

Days started to pass. And somehow, what Yunho had been worried off, actually happened.

The theater practice haven’t really started off as hectic, yet. But, it indeed started to messing up Yunho’s schedule already.

As a really unorganized person, Yunho’s unorganized life feels like has become much more... unorganized.

Yunho tried to bargain with his working place about the driver work scheduling as soon as he got his theater practice’s schedule.

It’s not that the company fully rejected Yunho’s request, but they demanded for Yunho’s scheduling change instead.

So, Yunho also worked at weekend.

Not only that, because Yunho haven’t worked for one year yet, Yunho actually didn’t have the privilege for requesting things about his work schedule. So, the company wanted Yunho to give back the car they lent him.

Yunho then had to catch for public transportation to go to his workplace.

Soon, both Yunho and Changmin started to barely meet each other.

Changmin’s request to, at least, be able to spend a weekend with Yunho haven’t been happening yet.

As Changmin no longer able to rely on Yunho  taking him to his school, Changmin had to wake up earlier to catch his bus. And, Yunho hadn’t wake up yet when Changmin left for school.

It also happened at night. When Yunho finally reached their apartment, Changmin already slept. Both of them somehow find a method so that Changmin can sleep still if Yunho somehow come home late. It’s for Changmin to slip the key through the small gap under the door, putting it under the door mat, everytime before he went to sleep.

With that newly found method, both Changmin and Yunho even more unable to meet, both weekday and weekend.

Firstly, It’s very unexpected, as Yunho thought that his busy-ness will distract him off, Yunho found himself actually missing Changmin.

Technically, both of them still actually met each other at night and morning. Though with one of them sleep still. But, talking, greeting, and bonding with each other has soon becoming a rare occasion.

Secondly, everytime Yunho reached home, he will already be very exhausted and fastly sleep like dead. Means that Yunho couldn’t be bothered by anything at all. Probably not even the sounds of fire alarm or the ground-shaking-earthquake.

So, Yunho didn’t know if Changmin, still sometimes cry while sleeping.

Changmin though, as Yunho remembering it, only cried if Yunho... touches him.

Yunho wondered sometimes if somehow, Changmin did cried at night, without Yunho knowing it.

Thirdly, Yunho realized, the more he think about it, the more he actually missed doing their daily dose of ... touchyness.

Changmin sudden affection, jumping onto Yunho and hugged him tightly, whenever Yunho bring home good news. Changmin snuggling his way onto Yunho’s embrace. Changmin’s fluffy sweet fragrant hair, that Yunho will softly pecked whenever Changmin hugged him.

 Meanwhile, Yunho couldn’t even remember when was the last time he listened to Changmin’s sweet-mesmerizing-high-pitched voice every time he took a shower.

This caused Yunho to feel a sudden depression.

Yunho let out an exhausted sigh. He drowned his face on his bag.

It’s very late already. There were only two or three other persons with Yunho on the last bus.

And Yunho just had to missed Changmin. And, Yunho lost count on how many time had he thought on how much he missed Changmin.

Yunho finally reached his apartment. As soon as he entered the room, a bunches of dishes wrapped in tight plastic, already well served on the table.

Changmin had been a very diligent boy, doing chores and cooking Yunho’s food everyday without ever skipped a day. Changmin even left him a very detailed, but unnecessary – Yunho thought, Yunho isn’t that stupid to didn’t know how to do it! – note on how to heat the food.

Yunho didn’t even know how busy Changmin day have been with his school, but still having time to did all those things.

Yunho tried to, one day, left a note, forbid Changmin to do anymore cook and house chores in Yunho’s stead. Changmin didn’t seems to read it or care about it, though.

After Yunho done eating – a very delicious dishes, Yunho had to admit-- he went to sleep immediately.

A very relieving trills creep through Yunho’s body when he finally laid down on his bed. This weeks had been hard. Yunho worked overtime and unable to rest properly.

Yunho turned toward Changmin. The cute scrawny kid was sleeping with his back facing to Yunho’s side. A soft breathe could be heard, indicating that he was indeed, fell in deep sleep.

Yunho could only smile.

It’s been long since he caressed those lean back.

Yunho reached toward Changmin’s long brownish hair, that seems to be getting longer. Yunho had to put note for himself so that he won’t be surprised whenever he see Changmin in the morning, thinking that he is a female, considering his pretty frame.

Yunho was carefully ruffling it, running his fingers through Changmin’s soft hair, enjoying it fluffiness.

Yunho swore that, as he did that, he could hear a relieved sigh.

Yunho couldn’t remember what happened after, as he soon fell asleep. But it seemed that in the morning, Yunho was awakened because of a small shook on his bed. Like, someone give him a warm hug that lingered on him for a while. Yunho thought that it probably was, Changmin.

Changmin wasn’t there anymore, though, when Yunho finally wake up. Leaving Yunho slightly feel disappointed.

Another weeks passed. It actually has turned into months.

Yunho remembered that night, it was raining very hard. Storms with lots of thunders could be heard outside.

Both Yunho and Changmin actually had never closed the bedroom door while sleeping.

So, the sounds of heavy rains and loud thunders could be heard sipping from outside.

Yunho even couldn’t sleep calmly. He fell into light sleep and awaken by the sounds of thunder several times.

When Yunho wondered if closing the door would be enough to muted the thunder sounds, suddenly Yunho heard a loud scream just next to him.

Yunho rose up in panic.

What was that?

Yunho looked around through his room in eery.

A roaring sounds of thunder soon could be heard from outside.

Along with that, was another shrieking cry.

What in the h*ll was that?

After that, a sounds of sobbing followed from the cry.

It took Yunho a second, before he finally realized.

Yunho turned toward Changmin.

Yunho was right. The cute kid was curling his body, hiding it under the thick blanket that only some strands of his hair could be seen. His body trembles hard. And another shrieks could be heard from him.

Yunho worriedly shook his body, “Changmin?”.

Changmin was still shouting randomly. Yunho shook him harder.

“Changmin? Changmin, wake up, Changmin, it’s me!”

Changmin then, suddenly awaken, his eyes shoot open. His chest rise up and down following his heavy pant.

Yunho patted Changmin shoulder, trying to calm him down.

“It’s okay, Changmin. I’m here. I’m here...” Yunho said while mumbling white voice.

Changmin turned toward Yunho. He then immediately jumped up to Yunho’s bed, and hugged Yunho tight.

Yunho let the younger kid’s tears soaking his shirt while Changmin hugged Yunho.

Yunho didn’t know how many hours has passed as he patting Changmin’s back, calming him down. He patiently whispering serene words to the sobbing Changmin, until finally it died down.

Yunho used that chance to softly peck Changmin’s temple. Letting his lips linger for a long while, until Changmin slowly loosen up his tight clenching on Yunho’s shirt.

Changmin then snuggled his way into Yunho’s shoulder as usual, resting his head as his breathe turned slower.

“Sorry... Yunho...” said Changmin with a quivered voice, “It... was... just a night... mare...”.

“It’s okay... it happened...” Yunho said softly.

Changmin nodded, don’t know why,he then softly pushed Yunho, “Yunho...”

“Hmmm?” answered Yunho, he confusedly lie back down on his bed.

“Can I....” Changmin inhales deeply, “Please... just answer no, if inconvenient,”

Yunho raised one of his eyebrow in wonder.

“Can I.... sleep with you... I mean... next to you. Here. In your bed?”

And here goes another Changmin unusual request.

Surprisingly, and Yunho thought that it must be because he was actually very sleepy, Yunho quickly answered, “Yes, of course. Come here,” Yunho said. Opening his blanket for Changmin to slipped in.

Of course Changmin straightly went in. Tucking in his arms through Yunho’s hips and to his usual hugging fit. Burying his head onto Yunho’s wide and tender chest, letting Yunho inhaling his soft hair.

“Mmhhmm...” Changmin moaned softly as he comforted himself on Yunho’s hug, who currently staring at the sleepy kid.

Yunho has never seen Changmin up-close, before, despite lots of hugs.

Yunho only noticed that Changmin’s eyebrow has unique shape. It slightly goes up at each end of the eyebrow.

Alot more details could also be seen, when Yunho observing the pretty frame in front of him.

Changmin’s forehead is actually, decorated by a very faint beauty spot. It’s very faint that you actually can’t see it if you’re not seeing it up-close.

Changmin’s nose is also a bit wider on the lower part. But his long frame actually covered it well, so it looks nice and sharp from afar.

And Changmin’s lips...

Yunho’s heart beat faster.

Changmin’s lips is thinner on the upper part. But Yunho only noticed as he saw Changmin this close, that, it also had unique shape. The middle part is slightly smaller than the other part, which is plump and soft. And the lower part is nicely filled, and chubby, and...

Wait.

Why Yunho could noticed all those things?

Yunho immediately pulled himself.

His heart beats racing hard as he realized that he. was. too. close.

Changmin seems to noticed it too.

Yunho tried to gulp silently as Changmin stared at him.

“Changmin... I...”

Yunho didn’t got the chance to finish his words.

Yunho closed his eyes tightly, as Changmin’s face move closer toward him.

Yunho waited in hard pondering, only to feel a soft touch on his forehead.

Changmin pecked Yunho’s temple, softly, then reached out for Yunho’s head, proceeded to hug it tightly.

Yunho silently sighed out in relief.

Yunho, just wasn’t ready yet for anything more than that to happen!

A slight whisper could be heard from afar, saying that Yunho did actually wanted more than that. But Yunho quickly shook it off.

Changmin still showering Yunho’s head with soft kiss. A mumbling voice could be heard from upside.

Yunho tightening his hugs toward Changmin in return.

“Hmm... Yunho... you need to wash your hair...” Changmin said. His fingers playing with Yunho’s stiff hairs.

Yunho groaned on the painful thought on having to clean himself.

“Yunho... always did this for me... which always make me comfortable. Now, it’s time for me to repay...” Changmin said softly.

Yunho nodded, he lets Changmin pulled his head closer toward Changmin.

For a moment, they fell silent.

Cherishing every moment of finally being able to found each other awake.

Changmin’s long fingers running through Yunho’s hair strand, while Yunho’s bearly hug embracing Changmin’s body, radiating his warmth.

Changmin finally seems to be satisfied repaying Yunho’s act toward him. Changmin slowly trailing down his lips, kissed Yunho’s eyelid for a while, before finally reaching up for Yunho’s chest again. Squeezing his body toward Yunho’s body.

“Changmin...” whispered Yunho softly.

Changmin flinched slightly in respond, “Hmmm?”

“I....” I missed you was what Yunho wanted to say.

Yunho however, hugged Changmin tighter and said, “I wonder why you sometimes cried on your sleep.”

Changmin froze.

The rain outside had finally turned into a drizzling one.

The thunder was no longer roaring. Only a soft murmur could be heard.

Because of that, Yunho slightly thought that he could hear Changmin’s heartbeats rise up.

Changmin clenched Yunho’s shirt.

“Yunho...” Changmin said, taking a deep breath, “There will be time that you will find out....” Changmin said. He breathed in again.

“The time will come... without you realizing it...” continued Changmin.

Yunho fell silent.

From Changmin’s voice tone... it seems that his crying fits was much more serious than Yunho thought.

Yunho found himself worried.

The small kid not only having sudden chaotic nightmare in the middle of storm.

But, he also had to silently cry through the night.

It seems that the case was more than just a “homesick”.

Yunho’s thumb softly caressing Changmin’s ears. Cleaning the hairs that stranded around it.

“I’m so sorry, Changmin...” Yunho said softly.

Changmin shook his head.

“Yunho... I bet that it’s almost morning and both of us probably didn’t have our proper sleep yet...” Changmin’s hand then slowly caressing Yunho’s cheek, causing it to feel burned, “Now, let us go to sleep already. I’ll sing you the lullaby...” Changmin said.

Yunho’s heart beat up excitedly. Not only today they finally able to release their yearning toward each other, but Yunho also finally able to hear Changmin’s sing again.

Changmin soft murmur slowly turned into a vivid tone.

Even while laying down, Changmin able to controlled his abdominal breath nicely. Producing a nice strong vocal from his throat.

Yunho must have fell asleep as Changmin reached the final note.

The last thing that Yunho heard from Changmin’s lullaby was the words:

Now, just the two of us, begin...*

 

*this is the last lyric's english translation of Tohoshinki's song, Begin. The actual lyric is: 今 ふたりだけでBegin (Ima futari dake de Begin)