At first sight

Can't Stop The Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong had and was everything.

 

Good looking.

Fashionable.

Fierce.

Badass.

Famous.

Successful. 

Rich.

 

G-Dragon.

 

He wasn’t arrogant about it, obviously, he didn’t like to show off. 

Okay, he did like to show off, but it was mostly for promotion (or if Karl Lagerfeld sent him a few pieces of his new collection). Of course to say he was especially humble wasn’t correct either, considering his expensive art, clothes, cars, houses, companies… Yeah, money was his smallest concern really.

He led a luxurious life.

 

Kind of. If he had time that is.

 

G-Dragon, or Jiyong, was probably the most popular celebrity in all of Korea, Japan, China and who knows where. His name has spread all over the world, even in America he was becoming a big deal and the most famous idols wanted to collaborate with him. 

He was so incredibly loved, everyone wanted to be a bit closer to the South Korean rapper, fans followed him everywhere and somehow knew where he’d be even before he knew himself. They loved him and would show him in the most extreme ways, to the point, where there was barely any place for him to go without being recognized. Whether it was a blessing or a curse, he wasn’t sure.

 

But all of this meant a hell lot of work as well.

He wrote all of his lyrics on his own, with the help of two other producers he also composed his songs, hence sleepless nights were a thing. Actually, it would be more fitting to call them sleepless weeks. Or months. Sometimes he seriously wondered, why he wasn’t dead yet.

 

It was alright though, despite his cold appearance he did in fact love and appreciate his fans and his job more than anything. He also started as a small nobody and he would never forget how hard it was to become who he was now, so needless to say, it was worth it. 

There was no reason to complain, even on the toughest days. He had his own tactics to force away the stress, fatigue and the urge to bang his head against the next best wall anyway.

 

Cigarettes, coffee and a pillow to scream into.

 

He was only 27 years old, but sometimes, despite all the money and fame, he felt like retiring already, he could swear he was growing grey hair. But about that he wasn’t sure since his hair color changed every few weeks.

 

 

All in all Jiyong would say he had the most exciting life one could imagine.

He was always doing something and being in different countries several times during a single month was standard, like right now. He was currently in Japan, in Osaka to be precise, for his World Tour, which was nearing its end. Only two cities in Japan were left, and a last Goodbye Concert in Seoul, where he also held the first concert of his ‚One Of A Kind Tour‘.

 

„Dude, you look tired, I think you need more make up. Noona, can you put some concealer under his eyes? Damn, look at those eye bags.“

Youngbae, or Taeyang as the singer liked to be called by his fans, waved the make up artist over, who rushed to the rapper’s side immediately and began her work for the second time.

„Thank you , what a nice way to tell me I look ugly.“

„No prob.“

 

Youngbae was Jiyong’s childhood friend from the age of ten. They started their trainee lives at their company together and have been best friends ever since. Jiyong, being YG’s ‚Golden Child‘. had debuted as a rapper a year earlier at the age of 17, while Youngbae soon followed with his debut as a singer. Funny thing though considering the two men originally wanted to become dancers.

 

They both currently sat in front of two big mirrors, while their hair and make up was being fixed. It wasn’t long until the concert started, the fans were already pouring into the hall to find their spots and even though Jiyong has been doing this for many years now he still felt nervous.

Good thing Youngbae was here as a special guest, he always helped him calm his nerves.

 

„I can already hear your fans scream.“ The singer said. „Although they are most probably my fans too, after all I would be the top idol if you didn’t snatch that spot before me!“ He laughed.

„Stop praising yourself Bae, don’t compare yourself to the ultimate king!“

„Shut it, if you want to label yourself as such, rather call yourself the ultimate queen, that fits better.“

Jiyong nodded amused, the title did indeed suit him perfectly and he knew it.

 

„Jiyong-ssi, you need to go on stage!“ A voice erupted from around the hallway and he knew it was his call to hurry and make his way to said place.

„Got it! Bye Bae, see you in front of my audience.“ He winked and received a thumbs up before he rushed to his destination. 

 

It was time again. Let the show begin.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

„Oompf!“ The rapper fell face first into the pillows of his hotel’s kingsized bed and let out a very long sigh.

„Finally…“ He mumbled, voice muffled by the fluffiness that called him to sleep immediately. It was 3am and Jiyong had to get up at 6 in order to pack his belongings and move on to Tokyo. They didn’t have much time to prepare for the final Concert in Japan and he wanted everything to be perfect. On top of that he had to get his platinum blonde hair redone, the roots were getting so obvious, it honestly didn’t look that great anymore. And he always had to look great. 

He had many hair colors over the years, actually, he thought he’s had them all. Black, brown, blonde, white, orange, red, pink, blue, green, multi colored, even yellow… Oh! He didn’t have purple yet! But in his opinion, he looked best in white anyway. It made him look elegant and badass at the same time and his jaw appeared sharper than it already was.

He also wasn’t sure about what to wear in Tokyo yet. His clothes from today wouldn’t be cleaned in time and the clothes that were originally planned for the final concert weren’t exactly to his contentment. His appearance had to be extraordinary, he needed to be a 100% sure that it was fitting. 

And then there was the thing about the weather. It was said that it would rain in the evening and with and open arena this really could ruin everything. His fans were supposed to enjoy the whole experience, bad weather was always such a .

 

„Damn it.“ Jiyong grumbled tiredly, seemed like he wouldn’t fall asleep as soon as he had hoped.

 

Another thing that wasn’t always pleasurable about his job was his constant and excessive worrying about every little detail. He was a perfectionist, everything had to be to his liking, and if something wasn’t right it would bother him to no end. The tiniest thing could cause him to snap.

Talking about the down sides of his job, he didn’t really have a love life. Of course he had relationships before but the more famous he became the shorter they were. He kind of gave up on being in a relationship, he just didn’t have the time and passion for such a commitment and for his partners, they never seemed to be happy with him either. There was also a time when he hooked up with people, but to be honest, he wasn’t someone who enjoyed it that much, he liked to be loved for real. He also felt like he was getting to old for fooling around.

 

The most used arguments he heard, when someone broke up with him were ‚You are never here anyway, I could cheat on you and you wouldn’t even notice.‘ 

or 

‚I have the feeling that this whole relationship is one-sided, you don’t even try.‘ 

or 

‚All you care about is your job. You are in a more intimate relationship with your co-workers and fans than with me.‘

 

Well, it was true, he probably didn’t try hard enough. He just wished he’d meet someone who understood him or at least tried to, but maybe that was too selfish of him. After all it said ‚give and take‘ and not ‚take and take‘, so it was his own fault he guessed. But if he had to choose between his fans and his girlfriend, he’d always choose his fans, if it wasn’t for them he wouldn’t be here to begin with.

That’s why everything had to be perfect for them, always.

 

Jiyong blindly searched for his phone on the nightstand, as his eyes were already half closed. He let out a giant yawn when he found it and slowly unlocked it.

„Ugh…“ he muttered as the light of the screen hit his face. Squinting his eyes, he needed some time to get used to it until he was finally able to proceed with his original intention. He opened KakaoTalk and selected Chaerin’s contact.

 

 

to: Diva

 

Yo Chae, don’t forget to try on the silver blingy jacket, you know I don’t like the red one

and send me a picture of it

 

sent: 3.14 am

 

 

Jiyong invited Chaerin aka CL to his final concert in Seoul and as much as he loved that the woman had her own sense of fashion, he really couldn’t bear some of her choices, especially if she wanted to wear them at his concert.

If Youngbae was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter