first disclosure.

Artificial Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A silent cuss departs from Jongin’s parted mouth. The call doesn’t get answered yet again. Yifan tries calling too but the result has been the same for the past ten minutes. He doesn’t figure out why Madam Kim is suddenly giving him a cold shoulder. He convinces himself she might be perturbed by the fact her daughter stormed out of the mansion without informing anyone. “Both of you please rest. I’ll find her,” Jongin mumbles and gives a brisk hug to his sniffling mother and his silent father.

 

Half an hour ago, Junhee’s parents come downstairs with grim faces. Yifan was up on his feet in an instant, bowing at them both but they didn’t pay attention as they head straight to the kitchen for Jongin when they couldn’t find Junhee. Even though he was confused, he trailed behind. By the time he was there, Madam Kim was crying and Mr Kim was done talking with Jongin. Yifan didn’t know what was happening but he only knew two things.

 

One, Junhee ran out from the mansion and two, Jongin was calling her for nonstop.

 

“We need to talk after Jongin found her,” Junhee’s mother finally speaks to him when he’s about to go after Jongin, “It’s about you.” Yifan blinks. He doesn’t understand what she meant but he nods firmly. He gives a bow to Mr Kim who looks worn out. The elder male doesn’t even smile at him as he walks behind his wife. Yifan wonders what’s wrong. Is it that serious? “Where do you think she’ll be?” He questions Jongin after spotting him beside a costly sport car, giving it a warm-up.


The younger male doesn’t seem to listen as he texts furiously with his phone. Yifan asks again, politely this time, but he still receives no answer. “Jongin—” “How would I know? I’m trying my best here so shut up for a while,” The younger one spats just like that. The respect he has for Jongin totally vanishes as he snaps, “You don’t even know where she goes? Are you even her sibling?” Jongin throws a knifelike glare before getting inside, eyes never leaving Yifan’s, “Just because I’m not her real brother, it doesn’t mean I don’t know anything about her.”

 

He sends one last glare before closing the door, having a very dumbfounded Yifan behind. He can’t believe what he has just heard. Junhee and Jongin aren’t related? What’s their relation? Reality washes over him when Jongin speeds up to the exit. His feet run on their own. He somehow catches up behind Jongin. The younger male sure drives with speed but Yifan is quite confident Jongin knows where he’s heading. As he drives, Junhee’s parents invades his thoughts.

 

Why were they solemn towards him earlier?

 

And why did Junhee’s mother want to talk with him after Junhee is found?

 

It’s nearly an hour when Jongin slows down to a narrow pathway. Yifan kills the engine of his car once he has found a place to park. He looks around, adjusting his coat as the weather is cold. It’s dark here. The only source of lights are from the bright neon lights from the signboards. He can hear music blasting as he walks to a place where Jongin is heading. A strange shiver travels down to his spine. Did Jongin trick him? But when he sees Jongin entering a bar called Black Swan, he confirms he didn’t.

 

Yifan accompanies him from behind. He’s amazed by the interior once he’s inside the bar. The walls are in black including the ceiling. Lights dangling above the tables brightens the ambience. It’s such a huge place. Why is Jongin in here though? Is Junhee really in here? How is he so sure? “Jongin, wait—” “Move.” Yifan gives up. He knows the younger won’t cooperate with him so he just copies what he’s doing, roaming his gaze around the bar, hoping to find his sister.

 

But the place seems to be endless. The more they head inside, the bigger it gets. Their eyes never stop wandering on each of the patrons’ faces. Their heads keep turning too. When Yifan is about to head back to the front, he spots someone unexpected at the corner end of the premise. “Jongin,” He calls with a firm tone. The guy doesn’t look as he doesn’t seem to realize his name being called. “Jongin, Jisoo is here.” Jongin stops and he follows the elder’s gaze.

 

“That er,” Jongin curses once he indeed sees that guy. He passes by Yifan like a bolt. Yifan trails behind with speed. There aren’t so much people so Jongin thinks it’s okay to do whatever he wants, his feet never halting. A tinge of relief spreads through Yifan’s whole being when Junhee is there, beside Jisoo. When they’re close, the feeling changes to fear when Junhee… Doesn’t seem to look like Junhee. She has her eyes closed, giggling, and her cheeks are flushed in pink. She keeps hiccupping too.

 

“JISOO!”

 

The male is obviously stupified by Jongin’s appearance. He attentively removes his arm away from his sister as he speaks in a casual manner, “What are you—” Jongin literally shoves down the elder guy from the banquette with a harsh pull of his collar. He stands with his legs on the either side of the fallen male before having a fist in the air to where Jisoo immediately conceals his face with fear. Yifan wants to stop the younger but he’s curious of everything in front of him.

 

“I ing hate you the moment I saw you with her exactly like this few years back. You and your pathetic friends trying to gang her up drinks after drinks,” Jongin seethes as a hand reaches down to take a fistful of his shirt, causing the other to gape at him, “Our family gave you a chance because you saved her life once but after tonight, I don’t think I can take it anymore.” Yifan doesn’t do anything as Jongin busted Jisoo’s lip with a strong punch. He doesn’t do anything because Jongin has done everything he wanted to Jisoo for a very long time.

 

Now he knows the reason of the hatred for Jisoo from Junhee’s family. His wife might have not believed them because she wasn’t herself, probably too drunk to even think what was going on around her. As Jisoo groans on the floor, clutching his bleeding mouth, Jongin is right by his sister’s side, tapping her cheek and taking her limp hand into his. She doesn’t recognize him due to her current state. She still thinks the person next to her is Jisoo. Yifan glances at the table, counting the glasses. She must have drank a lot…

 

“Stop doing that,” Junhee hiccups before her head falls against her younger brother’s chest, passing out just like that. Yifan’s chest does a weird clench. If only they come a few minutes late… He doesn’t want to imagine it. Yifan doesn’t spare a single glance to the wailing male on the ground when the bouncers are heading to their way. Jongin doesn’t want to talk to any of them so he scoops his passed out sister into his arms before heading to the exit with Yifan guiding the way. “Don’t,” Jisoo stops the bodyguards after managing to rise on his feet, “Let them go. It’s alright.”

 

“But boss—”

 

“Let them go.”

 

None speak as they command.

 

“Jongin—”

 

“What?”

 

Jongin still isn’t himself. He sounds and looks angry. Junhee is dozing at the passenger seat of his car, the door still opened. “I’m sorry for what I said—” “Keep it to yourself. I don’t need to hear that.” Yifan grabs his arm, wanting him to just stay and listen what he has to say, “Please.” Jongin indeed does what he’s told, watching him impatiently with a scowl, tapping a foot on the ground to show how irked he is.

 

Yifan takes a deep breath, “I want to apologize for what I said before we left. Thank you for saving her. It would be impossible without you.” Jongin grasps away from his hold and stands exactly in front of him, their eyes meeting in the same level, “Listen, I’ve been through a lot of . My wife has been missing. I have a son that I don’t know when I can see him. Nothing you said hurt me. Now, leave.” Yifan holds in the urge to swallow the lump in his throat, feeling thankful that the male didn’t scream at his face.

 

He ends up ceasing him again and Jongin groans out loud of frustration. “Can I… Can I take her home, please… ?” Jongin glowers deeply by the elder’s request, judging him hard, “Why would you do that? It’s not that you love her anyway.” Yifan’s reply is automatic, his gaze becoming soft as they land on Junhee, “I do.” Jongin’s countenance entirely transforms into silent awe after witnessing it. That look. He definitely knows that look. “I really do love her, Jongin. She… It’s okay if she doesn’t feel the same.” Jongin’s heart breaks a little when the elder sends him a broken smile.

 

He can feel his sincerity.

 

Jongin keeps a rigid face as he sits inside his car and closes the door. He glances at Yifan, just to make sure if he’s still waiting. The elder has the expression of desolation as he gazes at Junhee. He can relate to Yifan. That’s exactly how he feels for his missing wife. Jongin rolls down the window on Junhee’s side and leans over to show his face, “I’ll take her to you. Let’s go.” Yifan’s reaction is amusing but endearing at the same time. There’s a small smile on Jongin’s mouth once he starts driving. He glances at his sleeping sister when he gets the chance, “You’re one lucky woman, noona. Don’t mess it up like I did.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junhee sends a short text to Jisoo to come over to their old spot. Jisoo always jokes that he owns this place but she never confirmed with him if it’s true. This is the bar where she and her friends used to go. She waits for her friend after that. The ordered beverages are served but she doesn’t know whether to drink now or after Jisoo arrives. Her eyes shifts to her phone where it vibrates. It’s Jongin. Junhee scoffs. Her mother must have told him. She must have told him about everything. She thinks about Yifan.

 

Is he doing okay with her family after they found out the truth?

 

Will Jongin hurt Yifan?

 

Shaking her head, she turns her phone off and stares at the glass bottles. She doesn’t want to think about anything right now. She wants to forget everything for a while. That’s the reason why she’s here. Junhee has had enough of waiting. She takes the expensive bottle and pours herself a drink. Sighing out loud after taking a big gulp, she thinks about finishing it by herself. She indeed consumes all and orders more for Jisoo but she keeps drinking and drinking as her brain keeps bringing her to Yifan.

 

The alcohol is supposed to make her temporary forget.

 

Why is she thinking more of Yifan?

 

Half an hour later, she’s slumped against the wall, droopy eyes gazing at her phone, turning it off and on over and over again. A guy sits next to her, smiling politely, “All alone?” Junhee turns to face him before rolling her eyes, her attention back on the phone. It’s not Jisoo. She thought it’s Yifan. At the thought of the male, she chugs down the alcohol before placing the glass on the table quite loudly. “Don’t be like that,” He coos sweetly. Junhee doesn’t spare him a glance, focusing on her phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter