010. sunlight (Bobby)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Bobby's solo debut. I loved his title track Runaway. 
And this has been in my drafts for months. 

 

009. sunlight
characters: Suhyun, Bobby,
genre: hurt/comfort, au, romance
word count; 1102

When Suhyun overheard her mother talking on the phone in the kitchen, she stopped in her tracks to hear the disturbing news. He was missing. Again. Looking outside, she saw how the clouds brewed thickly in ominous masses. It wasn’t safe to stay outside anymore. Grabbing an umbrella, she quickly shouted a quick ‘Be right back!’ at her mother and left the house. She ignored the concerned exclamations behind her.

With the little coins she had in her pockets, she took the bus all the way to the outskirts of their little town. The bus driver cast her a worried look as she climbed out.

“I don’t know if you noticed, but it looks like a heavy rain is approaching young lady.”

Not bothered by the good-intentioned advice, she shot him a smile. “It’s okay,” She brought out her umbrella. “I have this. Thank you for your concern, bye now!”

She left without another word, fleetingly wondering if the driver thought her crazy. Oh well.

There was no buildings here. Just tall grass and trees and farms scattered throughout. Suhyun doesn’t blame the driver for being sceptical. Indeed, no one sane would come here unless they had a particular reason. And Suhyun did have one.

As the air grew damp and heavy, she walked along the scarce road. She could almost smell the incoming drizzle, but continued on determinedly. She did not stop until she saw the abandoned shack in the distance. Picking up speed, she ran.

And ran.

Until she saw the tree that was a few distance away from the abandoned little building. Walking around it, she fought her way through the tall, yellow grass. There, against the tree was a silhouette she was familiar with. She sighed at the sight.

He was leaning on the trunk with his eyes closed. The wind that was rustling the leaves above him, also tousled his light brown hair. He looked beautiful, serene—but Suhyun knew, inside his head was anything but.

She approached him, trampling on the grass loudly to alert him of her presence. He did not move even until she sat next to him, but Suhyun didn’t mind.

The weather worsened. The grey clouds churned, looking ready to burst any second and the wind grew even more ferocious until Suhyun’s own hair whipped around her face. Still, none of them moved. Even when goosebumps rose on their arms and even when their clothes wildly flapped about.

He only spoke after the thunder made its first rumble.

“I’m sorry.”

His voice was almost lost to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter