007. spoil (Yunhyeong)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

007. Spoil
characters: Suhyun, Yunhyeong
genre: au, angsty with a sweet ending idk?
word count; 1905

 

Finally.

The snow stopped falling.

In its wake, a pristine white blanket covered the ground, while a frosty splendour jewelled the rooftops. Laid neatly in front of her, were the street houses that became indistinguishable from each other. Thankfully, Suhyun was able to catch a familiar glimpse of the vehicle parked behind the gates.

So he is home.

Checking her phone for the time, she noticed a message notification. Sliding it open, she saw a text from Jinhwan. Then another one from Chanwoo. She sighed, releasing a puff of cold air. The messages were probably no different from what Hayi told her before. Don’t bother, there’s no point, but Suhyun did not want to listen.

Instead she smiled weakly at Jinhwan’s warning that told her to at least keep warm. Snow was meant to fall again in the afternoon and it did. Suhyun withstood it and paced outside his house the whole time. The nerves got to her more than the weather did.

Now Suhyun had reached a point where she began to question the point of all this travelling and cold if she chickened out now. Clamping down on her bottom lip, she rapped on the gate and shivered.

Nothing.

Disgruntled she tried again and again, ignoring the growing pain in her knuckles.

Maybe he isn’t….no. His car was there and he wasn’t with the guys. Jinhwan confirmed that already. Suhyun resorted to using her voice. Clearing , she yelled his name.

“Yunhyeong oppa! Yunhyeong oppa!”

She huffed when silence answered her. Disappointment began to seep through her determined façade. Clenching her teeth, she knocked harder. She can’t give up yet.

Her incessant banging seemed to echo in the street. No sane person would stay out here in the cold and so, the ruckus continued without a care. However it appeared the owner of the house had enough, because soon the front door was being opened and someone scuttled across the snow. Suhyun did not realise this until the gate whined opened and her eyes found his bewildered ones.

“Suhyun-ah?” His greeting was soft, but the touch of surprise it carried was palpable. His eyes quickly scanned her from head to toe. Concern began to colour his features. 

Suhyun clearly did not share the same sentiment as pulled up into a grin. She was only glad he answered. Eager to respond she opened , but found her vocal chords unreliable. Instead, a shiver rippled through her. Her teeth chattered.

Before the girl could register what was happening, Suhyun found herself getting swept away into the warm abode of Song Yunhyeong’s house.

 

 

“Thank you for the tea.” Suhyun said quietly, before taking a tiny sip. The television blared in the background, the noise it emitted bumbling quietly. His attention wasn’t on her, but the show that was on. Normally, he wouldn’t do such a thing. He was the type of person that gave his all to everything.

That included his sincerity when he talked to someone.

Suhyun did not get that this time. She felt a pang of disappointment in her chest. This was why they warned her.

Yunhyeong made a noise to acknowledge her, but that was it. Consequently, the minutes that came after were painfully uncomfortable for Suhyun. He did not question her motives and it threw her off. Perhaps it was because she was a regular visitor?

Every time she was with Lisa and his brother Chanwoo, they would come and go as they please. He never minded them. Whether it was because Lisa and Suhyun were Chanwoo’s childhood friends or not, Yunhyeong especially welcomed them without complaint.   

Yet this would be their first time alone together. She hadn’t known what to expect, but believed she had some kind of right to be here. That had been her motivation in boldly visiting him, but perhaps…being his little brother’s friend wasn’t enough.

Maybe…she was overstepping a boundary.

“If not even Donghyuk or his brother can coax him out, how can you?” Hayi’s warning rang in her head.

Sure, they were all worried and was wondering why Yunhyeong had gone M.I.A, but Suhyun was more than concerned. To hear from Jinhwan that he has been skipping their hangouts and from Chanwoo, that he has locked himself in the house for days, was stressful for a girl with a crush.

Suhyun couldn’t help but see him for herself.

“Where’s Chanu-yah?” Suhyun almost jumped at his voice, having been surrounded by silence this whole time. 

“Study group wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter