005. rebound (Jinhwan)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note 1: This is based on my Suhyun x Bobby story. A "what if"  scenerio on the last scene in chapter 15 to chapter 16. 
Note 2: You don't need to read that to get it, I think it's understandable enough. 

005. Rebound (an alternate take on enigma, chapter 16)
characters: Suhyun, Jinhwan, (Bobby, Jisoo)
genre: drama
word count; 1273

 

Suhyun was aware that getting over someone was no easy task. From all the sappy dramas she’s watched and all those romantic novels she’s read as a teen, she was somewhat prepared for what was to come. Regrets and tears, she’s already been through it and she expected a lot more. Getting her heart back from Kim Jiwon, would surely be a painful and bumpy ride to recovery. What she was not prepared for was the brutal pain that pierced her heart when she recognised the pair in front of her. She put a Band-Aid over the gaping wound he left on her and right now, as her eyes absorbed the scene laid out before her, he ripped it off without mercy. 

She was bleeding again.

The girl she followed up the stairs; the sweet and kind girl she met earlier in the party….had to be none other than the girl he once had wrapped around his finger. The reason why he couldn't move on, 

Jisoo.

A million of questions attacked her all at once. Chanhyuk said she was in America, so was she here? But moreover, why with him? Why when she finally let Hayi drag her out of the house because she was too heartbroken to do so? Why is she being punished like this?

Must they really rub it in her face? The reason why the short-lived whirlwind of passion that Jiwon dragged her into ended?

She couldn’t take it anymore, her eyes watering and her knees wobbling. For a moment, Suhyun thought she would collapse when a hand gripped her forearm to steady her. 

“O-Oppa…”

It was Jinhwan, who shot her a small smile. Her saviour as usual. The older male looked away to face the scene she just witnessed. Following his gaze, she froze as she was now faced with Jiwon staring right back at her. She almost heard her heart splinter.

No, she can’t take it. She has to get away!

She spun around to leave, but was stopped by a pair of delicate hands grasping her elbows.

“I-I can’t Jinhwan oppa. Let me go. Please.”

“Suhyun-ah.” Unlike her unstable and breathy plea, his tone was firm. Suhyun wasn’t even looking at him, but she could imagine the look on his face.

Suhyun shook her head, tears threatening to fall. She had to go, she can't let him see these damn tears. As if understanding her fears, Jinhwan’s face softened.

“Be strong, Suhyun-ah and follow my lead.” He whispered in her ear.

Wiping a stray tear that escaped, he turned her around and put her hand on his arm. Jinhwan whisked them towards the other two. As expected, she felt Jiwon’s burning gaze on her as they strode closer to them.

“Ah! Jinhwan oppa!” She heard Jisoo’s sweet voice greet them.

“Kim Jisoo, long time no see.”

The whole time they conversed, Suhyun’s eyes glued itself onto the floor. She was barely hanging on a thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter