009. okay (Nam Joohyuk)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

009. Okay
characters: Suhyun, Nam Joohyuk,
genre: friendship, non-au
word count; 1345

 

 

On the music video set of 200%...

The cerulean sky seemed to stretch on forever above Suhyun’s head. White wisps speckled on blue, the clouds moved ever so slowly across the empty vast, undisturbed. Warmth rained down on her skin, her very pores absorbing the pleasant balminess. It was such a beautiful day that the girl had half the mind to run away to the nearest park to enjoy what the rest of this day had to offer. Too bad she couldn’t, she had work to do.

The stylist noona’s hands flew about her, smoothing the non-existent creases on her pressed ‘uniform’ and flickering stray strands from her face.

“It’s a little warm, Suhyun-ah.” She began, fixing her hair. “Do you want me to get you another drink?”

Suhyun tugged on her collar, eyeing the half-empty bottle of water she had on a nearby table. “Yes please.”

Sure it was warm, probably the warmest it had been all week that it felt like it was summer already. However, Suhyun was not sweating profusely because of that. Nope. Even if she was, she paid it no mind as she caught the sight of the model she was supposed to be working with.

Also occupied with a stylist of his own, Suhyun watched in a trance as he conversed with the lady with an easy-going expression. She didn’t have to see the woman’s face to know how rosy her cheeks must’ve been. Nam Joohyuk charmed half of the crew with his bright personality since the moment he arrived.  

Dare she say, including her.

She looked away, knowing in a second she’d be interacting with him on set with a million of camera lens trained on them. Just the thought made her dizzy.

“Wow, this heat is really affecting you huh?” The noona once again commented, now looking a tad more concerned.

It didn’t help the nervous lump in . Ah, if only Chanhyuk was here then she’d feel less jittery. She forced a smile,

“Don’t worry unnie. I’ll be okay.”

Now if only she believed those very words.

 

 

 

The moment Suhyun heard ‘Action!’ echo into the area, everyone fell into silence. Soon, there was only the gentle lapping of the ocean in the background and the sound of sea gulls from a distance. Being surrounding by this peaceful setting should’ve helped eased the nerves, but…

She felt it. Their gazes intently fixed on her. They were so heavy, full of expectations that she felt her shoulders cave in from the pressure. Sweat gathered on her brow, too aware of the lenses and eyes that swarmed to her face.

Suhyun blanked—and blanked even more when his eyes met hers. That was the icing on the top really, because he relied on her too. dried. Frozen in place and staring at him, something flickered across his face. Something akin to concern. Wait, what was she supposed to do again?

“Suhyun?” He whispered, his soft tone easily lost in the crashing of the waves.

She rapidly blinked, heat swarming her face to the tips of her ears and then ‘Cut!’

When all sense rushed back, Suhyun realised she must’ve stared—gawked for a long time. And that was not on the script. She couldn’t even utter him an apology when she was whisked away by her manager, who pleaded for a minute break.

Eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter