006. feed thy neighbour (Park Jimin)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanna push out more stuff this week tbh, but it depends on my level of motivation TT
And for who wanted Jimin, I'm sorry for this, hahaha. My male character selection is so random hahah.

005. Feed thy neighbour
characters: Suhyun, Chanhyuk, Jimin
genre: au, idk what else. 
word count; 2526

 

When Lee Suhyun sighed her lease to her first ever apartment, to say she was ecstatic was an understatement. The last few days was spent packing her personal items, humming a merry tune while her brother, Chanhyuk rolled his eyes at her apparent eagerness. Having moved out a few years ago, he knew the thrill of finally securing the first step of independence. He was very excited for her, if only she wasn’t so demanding.

‘Oppa, carry this….and this…and this and this!’

‘—hey, that is fragile and probably worth more than your life!’

He lost track at the amount of times he flared his nostrils in annoyance. Being the dutiful older brother that he is, he shut his mouth and persevered and continued to help her move her things to the new apartment. He was a good brother…he really was. Carrying a box that weighed a tonne, Chanhyuk was already struggling to climb the stairs when Suhyun sauntered past him—but not before putting a couple of coats on top of his load. It blocked his already limited vision.

“Lee Suhyun…!”

“At your pace, we’re going to take forever.” She whined, before disappearing ahead of him.

The older Lee exhaled through his teeth. That little…

The ordeal carried on for a few more trips up the stairwell and Suhyun was unforgiving as the first time. In his sixth trip, he was carrying yet another box and was struggling just as much when salvation came… in the form of a voice that was not his sister’s. Or anyone he knew.

“Hey…you need help?”

Chanhyuk wasn’t given time to respond when his arms suddenly gave out and the box was tumbling from his arms. He was in the midst of accepting the inevitable (which honestly meant his doom because Suhyun would kill him if he dropped anything), when the box was lifted back into his arms before it crashed on the ground. Another pair of hands was handling the box from the other side.

“Holy …this is pretty heavy,” He spoke again.

“Thanks, um…” He couldn’t see who it was, but accepted the help. When he was able to straighten up his spine again, he met with friendly-looking male. Chanhyuk wasted no time in becoming buddy buddy with his saviour, who quickly became less of a stranger and more of a potential friend—when he introduced himself as 21 year old Park Jimin from across the hall.

Upon learning he would be a neighbour to his little sister, he had mixed feelings. Especially when Suhyun got round to introducing herself. In her usual sweet and giddy manner that was warmly accepted by the neighbour. If only Jimin did not save him, he would be more inclined to act the intimidating brother role. But damn, the kid was too nice.

Seriously, he was hurling glares at Suhyun the whole time, but felt his temper fade when he looked at Jimin. He was smiling so bright, eyes disappearing into happy lines on his face as he welcomed his sister to the building, before explaing how safe and reliable the place was. 

Suhyun nodded. “If you say so, Jimin oppa. I’ll take your word for it.” Then snickered, when she eyed her brother’s reaction beside her.

“W-Wha-Oppa!? Since when are you close enough to call—“

“Oh would you look at that.” She tapped on the imaginary watch on her wrist with a mock sigh, before gesturing to the door. “Thanks for helping, but it’s time to rest. It’s dinner time after all!”

Chanhyuk continued to splutter, “You’re…you’re not even going to let me stay to eat—“

“Next time. Aren’t you sick of me already? You were complaining all day about how you wanted to leave now you want to stay. Tsk.” She turned to Jimin , “And it was really nice to meet you, Park Jimin. Thanks for helping, I hope we see each other often.”

“Oh of course. Anytime…nice to meet you both too—“He replied warmly, hardly offended at getting kicked out as well.

Very unlike Chanhyuk, who grumbled under his breath once the door slammed close. In the end, the brother fumed off but not before aiming a clipped farewell at Jimin, who scratched his head, admiring the interesting bond the siblings shared.

Meanwhile on the other side of the door, was Suhyun who let out an elated sigh. Dinner? Screw that. She was going to unpack until she passes out, this apartment was not going to arrange itself and boy, was she more than ready!

 

 

Perhaps she was a little mean to Chanhyuk during the move now that she thought about it. Oh well, she already treated him to dinner on her last month’s pay check, so all’s good right? Plus, he seemed to be more interested in her neighbour. She doesn’t know how a brother’s head worked, but the image of Suhyun flirting with her neighbour daily seems to be embedded in Chanhyuk’s head. Sheesh, what does he take her for? Sure, Jimin is cute and nice and all that…but pfft, she hardly saw him anyway.

Even when her cousin from Australia, Chaeyoung visited and stayed over for a night, gushed over that one time they bumped into him in the hallway. Mind you, Chaeyoung was lucky because that was one of the few times she actually saw the guy in weeks! With the same smile and same friendliness, her cousin was charmed.

“He’s so…wow, I wonder what you did in the previous life to get a cute neighbour. It must be fun going home to see a face like that. ” Chaeyoung sighed blissfully, before shovelling popcorn into . Instead of going out tonight, they’ll be watching re-runs since Chaeyoung was leaving tomorrow. “Hey why don’t you make him some food and give it to him. That’ll break the ice won’t it? You know what they say…love thy neighbour. Well in this case, it’s feed thy neighbour!” Her cousin then proceeded to cackle in delight.

Suhyun almost facepalmed. If they only knew—they’d be disappointed (well, Chanhyuk wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter