004. juice box (V/Taehyung)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note 1: Been in my drafts for too long lol. Btw it's double update :)
Note 2: Another non-YG male, sorry. I'm expanding my 'horizons'. 

004. Juice Box.
characters: Suhyun, Taehyung, (Lisa, Jennie, Hayi)
genre: high school life, au
word count; 1338

 

“Quit playing hard to get or I’ll kick you!”

Suhyun was hurrying to her next class when those words were thrown at her. She didn’t even notice him leaning against the wall as she whizzed past him. Her lack of acknowledgement apparently threw him off because no more than a second later, he yelled after her.

Yes, her. No one else, but her because the hallway was deserted and everyone was supposed to be in class.

After a long internal debate on what to do, she eventually decided to turn around.

But he was long gone.

To this day, Suhyun was still not sure whether that was a subtle confession or a threat. While her friend Lisa clamped a hand over to stifle her giggles and Hayi face-palmed so hard that it literally echoed in the cafeteria, Suhyun could practically hear the cogs turning in Jennie’s head.

The ever so analytic girl was deciphering the sentence that Suhyun had complained about out of annoyance. But perhaps, she shouldn’t have as a knowing grin slowly formed on Jennie’s lips.

Oh dear god, no.

“It was a confession.”

The lunch table they sat on fell silent and then, chaos.  

“Bull!”

“YES!”

“NO.”

“It makes sense!” Jennie huffed, ending the dispute.

The rest of the girls looked at her quizzically, their curiosity piqued at how she came to such a conclusion. While Lisa had no problems agreeing, Hayi and Suhyun was more sceptical (or in denial). Jennie gestured them to lean closer and so, the other three rose slightly and bent over the table just to hear the girl; a straight-A student by day and a self-proclaimed love expert at night.

“Think about it. If he’s asking Suhyun to stop playing hard to get what do you think it means? Obviously, he’s interested in her!” She finished with a triumph smile.

Suhyun drew back with a pale face. The other two took notice but Lisa only sent her an unapologetic grin and Hayi, still unconvinced decided to drop the only detail that could destroy Jennie’s conclusion.

“Okay, but what the hell does he mean that he’ll kick her?” It was seriously Suhyun’s last hope—that what Jennie was saying couldn’t possibly be true!

Jennie became uncertain for a bit, the proud and delighted smile decorating her face dwindling slightly. However, she straightened up and gave a shrug, “Well that’s just because Kim Taehyung….is Kim Taehyung!”

And that was that.

No other rationalization could beat that, for everyone in this school knew that the kid was…in a different league than all of them. Some sincerely believed he was from another planet…an alien—but that was pushing it. While others thought he was an airhead that held no regard for anyone else, just too busy being lost in his own world.

In Suhyun’s personal opinion, he was just rebelling and religiously lived by the motto, ‘I don’t give a damn.’

If she knew acting up against him would incite his interest, she would’ve kept shut and endured it. It’s just that day hadn’t been the best and she just wanted to go home.

It occurred in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter