011. cereal (Rowoon)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

011. cereal
characters: Suhyun, Rowoon,
genre: Non-AU, romcom (?)
word count; 1141

 

A coffee date with Yeri in the morning, devotedly editing one of her YouTube videos by late afternoon and finally, squeezing a quick session on Overwatch before bed, Lee Suhyun literally threw herself into her bed. She groaned in bliss, the soft sheets swallowing her.

It had been a long day, but she also can’t help but feel as if something was amiss. Too exhausted, she decided to leave it until tomorrow.

I have no plans anyway, was her last thought. What she failed to realise was the notification that lit up her phone (that she forgot to charge and turn on until now). There lay a message from a very upset and worried boy.

 

 

Morning came too quick for Suhyun. She still wanted to stay in bed.

Giving a yawn, she decided against it. She knew she’d regret staying in there too late. Ignoring her phone, she whisked herself in the bathroom to wash up before blindly grabbing the device and heading off to the kitchen.

It was only when she sat down at the dining table, did she see the notifications that listed itself on her lock screen. Her spoon made a loud clatter on the bowl of cereal she fixed up.

“Oh no,” She breathed, opening the notification to reveal his text message glaring right back at her. She was in trouble.

Just as her finger was going to make a desperate tap on the Call icon on her phone, the doorbell rang unceremoniously making her stomach drop. She was too late.

Despite the nervousness that chased her hunger away, flutters filled her belly. She couldn’t tell whether it was out of anxiety or the same ones that resided within her whenever he was near. With trepidation, she abandoned her cereal and crept towards the door.

The doorbell rang again but Suhyun ignored it. Not yet, she had to squeeze her cheeks first, fix the clip on her hair and make sure there was not a wrinkle on sight on this dress she wore. She had to look adorable—her life depended on it.

With an inhale, she swung the door open with a bat of her eyelashes.

“Why good morning, my sweet prince—”

“What did you do yesterday?” He began, steely-eyed that Suhyun almost couldn’t recognise him for a second. “Why couldn’t I reach you? Do you know how long I waited at the café!?”

Suhyun faltered.

Café?

It seems her boyfriend, Rowoon, caught onto to her visibly wide eyes and parted mouth because his brows drew lower, crosser that a nervous chuckle left her lips before she even registered what was happening.

“Yesterday. At the internet café. Next to the favourite snack bar that we go on for our Friday night dates!” He combusted in a whiny breath, finished brilliantly with a stomp of his foot. “I was waiting there until midnight, Lee Suhyun!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter