Awake

Impetus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The incessant vibration woke her up from a dreamless slumber. Groaning, Lisa blindly took her phone from the end table and quietly cursed at the name she saw.

“How was it?” Jisoo’s incredibly cheerful voice came from the other line.

Rubbing her eyes with one hand, she sat up on the bed and sighed. “I only had three hours of sleep, unnie. At least let me rest!”

“You called me at an ungodly hour last night. I’m just paying you back.” Jisoo was probably eating her lunch by the sound of loud crunching. “Tell me how it went.”

Lisa thought about the events of last night. How she spent an hour kissing Seung Hyun again and again. Reaching a finger to her lips, she noticed they still felt a bit tender. Images and sensations suddenly washed over her and she buried her face in a pillow to contain her squeals.

“Yah. You sound like a dying pig.”

“Unnie! I don’t know what I’ll do once I see him.” She cried in desperation as Jisoo continued munching on food.

“Why are you so embarrassed? It’s just work.” The older stated in a straightforward manner that Lisa only groaned. “He’s kissed other actresses before so I’m sure he’s used to it. So if you don’t want to make a fool of yourself, just act like your normal self around him. Unless…”

She trailed off and Lisa’s heart jolted at the sudden shift in Jisoo’s tone.

“What?”

“Unless you like him.”

Lisa could only remain silent as her stomach twisted.

“You do like him.” Jisoo deducted and Lisa gave a soft hum. “Well… I guess it’s completely normal to fall for TOP-oppa. He’s handsome, talented, and single. And you have spent time with him so you must’ve gotten to know him better.”

I’ve gotten to know him even before we debuted. Lisa wanted to tell her that but held back. It wasn’t the proper time to dish out everything with her friend. She wanted all three of them to be with her when she finally had the courage to do so. All of them looked out for each other and she knew that she wouldn’t get all positive responses about this.

“And I know that nothing will ever happen.” She said in a softer, more fragile voice.

“Why do you say that?”

Lisa gulped—feeling constrict. “He’s our senior. He’s much more experienced and he’s ten years older than me. I think he only sees me as a dongsaeng.”

“The age difference doesn’t matter. Your parents even have a larger gap. And you’ve always preferred older men.” Jisoo chuckled and Lisa wanted to strangle her then and there. But she realized her friend had a point. For someone who was ten years her senior, she could say that she and Seung Hyun shared the same wavelength about some things. Maybe that was why she easily connected and felt comfortable with him.

“I do think there’ll be a problem though.” Jisoo continued. “If he does like you, fans and the media will go crazy and the company will have a lot of things to sort before everything works out.”

“You’re thinking too far out, unnie. I told you he’s never seen me as a woman.”

“Again, what makes you say that?” Jisoo almost sounded exasperated. “Has he ever addressed you like, ‘Hey, dongsaeng!’ or ‘Lisa, you’re such a cute little sister. I want to be your brother for real.’ Has he?!”

“No.” Lisa chuckled at the way Jisoo imitated Seung Hyun’s deep voice.

“Some men don’t show it in their actions… but we never know what they’re actually thinking.” With the way Jisoo was speaking, she seemed like someone who had a lot of experience in dating. But Lisa knew otherwise. “Back to my question you still haven’t answered. How did the shoot go? Did you guys just peck or something?”

“This is not a network drama. We didn’t just peck.” Lisa rolled her eyes but her face was starting to heat up in embarrassment. She unconsciously touched her lips again and pretty much remembered how amazingly he had kissed her.

“Did you use tongue?” Jisoo asked so casually that Lisa gave out a short squeal in surprise—the feeling of his tongue against hers came flashing back so vividly.

Her friend was spazzing by then. “Oh my god! You did! Lisaaaaa! I can’t believe this!”

“We were supposed to have a passionate kiss.” She explained but Jisoo was the one squealing from the other line. “I saw the playbacks and I don’t think any tongue was captured by the camera.”

“I won’t be able to look at the two of you ever again.” Jisoo said breathlessly.

“Unnie… I beg you. Please don’t tell anyone yet. We have the YG Family Tour next month and I really don’t want everything to be weird, okay?” It was Lisa’s futile attempt to lessen her embarrassment in the months to come.

“Alright. I understand. But as soon as you get back here, we’re going to have dinner and you’re going to tell me everything that happened during filming… in detail.” The authoritative voice Jisoo put on made Lisa chuckle. “See you soon. Enjoy your last fun in the sun since it’s unbearably cold this winter.”

“See you.”

 

After having lunch, everyone in the cast and crew made sure to spend their last day in Thailand doing all sorts of activities. From snorkeling, kayaking, and even island hopping. Even though the weather was perfect and everyone was having the time of their lives, Lisa found herself quietly exploring the private resort by herself. The people close to her knew what she was like when she wanted to have her own space. Her members let her be from time to time when they were all together—especially when working. Spending a month playing a fictional character had made her learn and experience a few new things. Along with it, the thoughts and feelings that were constantly residing in her all culminated up to that point. She wanted to sort them out well before going back to her life in Seoul.

The rocks felt sharp against her hands as she carefully climbed over a small rock formation along the beach. As soon as she got to a flat surface, the view of the sun against the South Andaman Sea took her breath away. The white sand was visible under the crystal blue water and she suddenly had an urge to dive down. Taking out her phone from the small bag over her shoulder, she took a photo and smiled to herself—thinking how beautiful the cinematography of the movie would be. It didn’t take long before she heard a small splash from the water below. Stepping near the edge, she saw a white shirt and dark jeans lying haphazardly on the sand. She chuckled at the thought of one of the film crew enjoying his time privately.

And then she saw him float from beneath the rocks and out into the open—eyes closed, mouth slightly parted, tanned torso visible. Her heart suddenly picking up in surprise, she averted her eyes for a moment—feeling like she was intruding just because he was half- and clearly wanted to avoid anyone with the way he was hiding at this part of the resort. But her curiosity got the better of her and she looked at him again… this time fully appreciating the view in front of her. She had never seen so much of his skin in real life before. It was probably only during that time she saw a glimpse of his abdomen when he took off his hoodie in Young Bae’s house months ago. And she had thought he had been working out well. His body was lean with just the right amount of muscles.

“How long have you been standing there?” His deep voice suddenly brought her back to reality.

The water reached his chest when he stood up and he was squinting at her because of the sunlight. Lisa felt embarrassed that she got caught but it was her fault for gawking at him in the first place.

“I just got here.”

He simply hummed and then turned around. Lisa felt a tingle in her stomach when she saw how broad and muscular his back was. She then realized it was the same feeling she had during their kisses last night. It wasn’t probably right to admit it, but it was also the same sensation she had when Jin Hyuk had touched her before. She sighed—feeling suddenly enlightened and defeated at the same time. It was for the reason she had just come to know she was very much ually attracted to her senior.

“Do you want to swim?” He asked as he stepped out of the water and walked towards her. She was a few feet above the ground as his head reached her shins. He looked up at her and Lisa visibly gulped—her pulse probably reaching 120 per minute. There he was… half- wearing only plain black swimming trunks. She had never in her life imagined she would see Seung Hyun in this attire… or lack thereof.

Thinking there was nothing she wanted to do more than spend time with him, she nodded meekly. Lisa managed to take one step down the rock formation before Seung Hyun reached out his arms, grabbed her waist, and gently set her on the sand.

“We don’t want you getting injured.” He simply said before going back into the water. He was quiet as he swam nearby and Lisa was starting to doubt her decision to come down. She was feeling awkward all of a sudden and maybe it was because he was kind of ignoring her.

Or maybe he just doesn’t want to make me feel embarrassed. She thought as he swam further away and that was when she put her small bag down and took off her white cover up. He was still swimming and Lisa took that chance to go into the water and made sure to go somewhere deeper. Aside from the members and stylists, no one had seen her in a bikini—which was basically just underwear. She didn’t have much in the s department but they were there and her body used to be too angular when she was younger. But her long and lean limbs looked proportionate. Even though she was content with her body shape, she couldn’t help but think that men preferred women who had more curves.

“Come here!” He half-shouted from a distance. Lisa could see the water was much deeper there since only his head was visible. She knew how to swim a little and not to an extent she could do all types of .

Slowly, she swam towards him—her head sticking out and her arms and legs paddling under the water like a dog. As she got closer to him, she could see Seung Hyun’s mouth twitch into a smile as he looked at her.

“Don’t laugh.” She frowned and that only made him do it.

Lisa tried to set her feet down the bottom but her head got submerged. Floating back up, she treaded the water as Seung Hyun finally stopped laughing.

“Why did you call me here?”

“There’s a shade.” He pointed at the large rock formation above which was shielding them from the sun. “And the water’s cooler.”

She didn’t say anything as Seung Hyun continued swimming around the area. He seemed to be quite enjoying the peace and quiet and Lisa could only swim that much. When her arms and legs felt tired, she moved to the rocks nearby and was glad they were smoother and flatter. She hoisted herself up and sat on the surface. Once Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter