Resolution

Impetus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I changed a tiny bit of info in the story. I mentioned before that they haven’t seen each other since he left to do his service. But YB’s wedding happened so… :P I feel happy that I wrote YB and Hyo Rin as a married couple here before they even announced their engagement. HAHA

 

Only a glimpse of him and she was already in shambles.

The wedding ceremony had already ended by the time she finally got to see his face from afar. Their seniors were seated near the front and Lisa had been sneaking glances at where he was. She could only see the back of his head earlier and now that everyone had stood up, she had a clear view of him standing with s. Her heart immediately clenched at the sight of him smiling and hugging Young Bae when the groom approached them.

“Let’s congratulate them now.” Jisoo urged the other three as they made their way near the altar.

With every step she took, Lisa could feel her heart thumping against her ribs and she had no idea what to do or how to react once they were bowing politely and congratulating their senior and his bride. Young Bae was in high spirits as he hugged each of them with a huge grin that never really left his face. Hyo Rin was smiling brightly though she was a bit reserved since they were not that well-acquainted with her. Still, her beautiful shining face was full of love and gratitude as she responded to their greetings.

“See you at the party, girls.” Jiyong said and that was when Lisa noticed that the others were already exiting towards the back door. Her face instantly fell at the sight of those broad shoulders clad in a dark blue overcoat retreating.

I didn’t even get to greet him.

 

The disappointment she was feeling continued to grow even after they entered the venue of the party. She had this strange inkling that the night would turn out the way she feared it to be—her not being able to speak to him. Almost half of the guests were from the company and that left her no chance to approach him without anyone suspecting her motive… no matter how innocent it really was. She just wanted to speak to him… ask him how he had been and give him something. But who was she, as a relatively new junior, to speak to him like that in front of the others?

They don’t know anything. She thought bitterly.

“This champagne is exquisite.” CL’s eye-catching emerald fur coat was the first thing Lisa saw. The notable woman was walking towards them with two glasses of champagne in her hands. The four quickly bowed their heads in unison as CL joined them around the small cocktail table.

“You girls should try.” She smiled mischievously. “You all drink now, right?”

“Yes, sunbaenim.” Chae Young quipped as she took the glass that CL offered. They were all nervous around her as they barely saw her in recent years. Their senior was always in the US working on her music and their relationship never amounted into anything other than them looking at her as a superior. Unlike Dara who seemed more approachable and had openly supported them during practice before, CL was the exact opposite. Her aura was so powerful and intimidating that Lisa found herself getting anxious even if the woman was one of her idols. And there she was… mingling with them for the very first time.

“Are you all working hard?”

“Yes. We’re about to work on our next songs.” Jennie replied as a waiter handed the rest with champagne flutes.

Jisoo added with a nervous chuckle, “We only released one song last year.”

“At least you had one. Look at me… I think I’ll be 30 by the time my album gets released.” CL laughed good-naturedly and they joined in. But the girls felt a little uncomfortable knowing just how long the process of releasing music could be in the company. It was always quality over content as the others in the company would say. But they knew that music was most importantly business. There were too many factors to take into consideration.

CL’s sharp eyes went to Lisa who had been quiet all along. Her red lips curved into a smile as she appraised the younger, “We haven’t really talked to each other before.”

“Ah… yes. I’m a huge fan.” It took every ounce of her pride not to gush over her senior. When she thought about it, CL was only six years older than her yet far more successful, incredibly talented, and with a charisma that could make others look mediocre.

Their senior was about to say something when her eyes instantly widened at the sight behind them.

“Oppa!” She cried before placing the flute she was holding on the table and rushing to the person she just called.

Lisa’s heartbeat instantly picked up at what went down. The three members of BIGBANG stood around another cocktail table nearby. Jiyong and Daesung were talking with the owner of the hotel and it all happened so quickly then. CL had wrapped her arms around Seung Hyun’s waist as she complained, “You left so quickly earlier! We didn’t even get to talk.”

A small smile appeared on his handsome face before patting the top of CL’s silver hair.

“I just wanted to avoid the reporters.” He sighed. “We can talk a lot later.”

The corners of CL’s mouth pulled down and in a split second, she reached up and gave him a peck on the cheek before releasing her hold on him. The surprise on Seung Hyun’s face would have been funny if it wasn’t for the strange stirring in Lisa’s chest.

“I missed you, idiot.” CL wiped the faint lipstick mark on his skin with a laugh.

Seung Hyun chuckled as he pocketed his hands—gaze softening at the affection he had just received. “What’s up with that green feather duster you’re wearing?”

The woman laughed out loud as she winked, “You know me… I always go out with flair.”

As Lisa watched their interaction, she couldn’t help but feel dejected. The two were indeed close… having known each other for years. She remembered even before she debuted, he posted a dinner photo on his Instagram and tagged CL. They even went out together outside work. And Lisa was astounded at herself for feeling envious. The urge to speak to him comfortably like they used to before had never felt so strong than that moment.

Then she realized the drawback of it all. She had sent him messages for the past year yet he never read them. A thought suddenly came to her at that moment—overwhelming her to a point she forgot to breathe. His deep voice echoing in her memory.

“Don’t forget me.”

He had told her that the last time they saw each other.

Yet he has forgotten about me.

“Lisa, are you okay?” Chae Young asked and that was when she only released the breath that had been stuck in her lungs. “Your eyes are really red.”

“I held my sneeze in.” She reasoned before smiling. “I need to go to the restroom.”

“You want me to go with you?”

“No. I’ll just be very quick.”

Chae Young smiled but her eyes still showed concern. “Sure. We’ll just wait here.”

She had only taken a few steps when she heard her name being called and it was as if her whole body froze at that very moment.

“Lisa, can you take a picture of us?” CL asked and it took all of her willpower to move and take the phone from the woman’s outstretched hand. “Thank you, darling.”

Gulping, she stood a few feet from where her four seniors were. CL held onto Jiyong as the other two stood together. The lighting wasn’t very ideal and Lisa knew the quality would be bad. Her eyes solely on the phone screen, she quickly took three shots and gave the phone back to its owner. Bowing politely, she excused herself and went straight to the restroom—heart strangely getting heavier beyond her control.

 

The after-party was as perfect as the wedding ceremony. It was as if it came straight out of a fairy tale. The girls as well as the other guests took their time appreciating the design by taking photos and videos. Even the food and drinks were amazingly prepared. When Young Bae sang for his bride, everyone was moved. He had written Eyes Nose Lips for her—a song that had garnered him awards and even more popularity. It was a song that came directly from his heart. Hyo Rin was his greatest muse and Lisa could see the love emanating between the two. She felt constrict at the sight of the newlyweds.

Unconsciously, she wished for something as wonderful in her life.

“Let’s dance!” Seung Hoon… Hoony… had dragged her and Jisoo from one of the tables inside the hotel’s club. The other two were busy conversing in English with a woman Lisa recognized from the dinner earlier.

A lot of guests were dancing and even the artists were hyping up Young Bae who was going wild at the center of the dance floor. He finally gave in and took a few shots as soon as they moved to the club. The beautiful bride was cutely flailing her arms at the side as she laughingly watched her husband dance like crazy. Lisa had also drank a little—her body feeling lighter as Hoony started showing his moves. She wasn’t used to drinking but it felt good as if the loud music reverberated deep in her bones. Dancing with her friends, she finally let loose and for a moment, she had forgotten her worries.

That was when Good Boy suddenly started playing in the background and everyone was cheering as they crowded around Young Bae. Her seniors were egging him to dance and as the chorus hit, Young Bae had transformed into his stage persona and the cheers and singing became louder. Lisa’s eyes fell upon Seung Hyun who had been bobbing his head along with the beat—furrowed brows and pouted lips. A smile tugged at the corners of Lisa’s mouth as she watched him move his body more in all seriousness.

“Just dance, hyung!” Daesung laughed as he lightly pushed the older.

Seung Hyun shook his head vehemently before pouting more and then retreating away from the dance floor. Again, disappointment filled Lisa as she watched him sit down at one of the empty lounges and asked a waiter for a drink. Everyone was enjoying the night dancing and drinking… and there he was… finally alone. As if a lightning struck her, Lisa excused herself from her friends and went back to their table which was a few feet away from where Seung Hyun was.

Opening her bag, she quickly fished out a small leather box with a white ribbon tied around it. It was something she found while shopping with Chae Young recently and it deeply reminded her of him. She bought it without any hesitation—knowing she might see him at the wedding. But now that she was about to give it to him, she suddenly felt dumbstruck… not having any idea how she would go around this situation. Why would she even give him a gift in the first place? What would he think? What would the others who would see them think?

The anxiety filling her became stronger with every step she took towards him. When she was almost in front of his table, his eyes suddenly met hers—making her stop fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter