Journey

A One-shot Collections

That polite girl whose face glowed in a bright radiance of happiness and purity, Seo Joohyun, made her way through the entrance of the recording room and walked over to me.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Changmin sunbae-nim.” She finished her greeting with a slight bow. I simply nodded in recognition. She threw me a smile before having her way inside recording room. I couldn’t help but to follow her every move intently. She was always so graceful that I always found myself attracted to her.

 

“Have you memorized the lyrics, Seohyun ssi?” The recording staff asked her.

 

“Yes!” She cheerfully answered while putting on her headphone. How cute…

 

“Let’s have a check sound first, shall we? Your part in this song is right after Changmin’s part. Immediately sing along after his part ends, okay?”

 

She lightly nodded.

 

Then the music started to play. It was the theme song for my upcoming drama, Journey. I had finished recording my part and Yunho hyung’s part earlier. Yunho hyung already left for another schedule while I decided to linger around since I didn’t have any other schedule for the moment. I was glad that I chose to stay because I had the chance to watch her.

 

She was slowly getting into the beat and the rhythm of the song. Her head lightly bounced along with the song, her lips pursed as she read the lyrics provided in front of her.

 

Cute. Unknowingly, my lips went upward as I was drown in watching her.

 

Her part of the song was approaching, then her melodious voice started to flow along side with the music. It was heavenly.

 

She had her eyes closed while singing with her best. The feeling, I got it right away. She was a talented singer, indeed.

 

“Perfect, Seohyun ssi. Keep it up and you’ll be done soon.” The staff complemented her. Seohyun nodded and thanked them with a bright smile.

 

“What do you think, Changmin ssi?” The staff turned to ask me. Seohyun was back to recording and I smiled watching her again. “ She's perfect.”

 

I found myself once again transfixed in her as I watched her doing the recording. I didn’t know why, but I found myself unable to take my eyes off of her. It had been happening for a while though, about a year already.I felt like somehow attracted to her all the time. Being the cold-hearted Shim Changmin, it was the first time that I was stricken with this unknown feeling thus I didn't know what to do and I didn’t have any courage to take any step either.

 

“Changmin ssi, can you please take her out for some drinks? She has done a great work and I think she deserves some treats from her sunbae.” The staff practically winked to me. He was teasing me as I saw the mischievousness playing on his eyes. Am I being too obvious that everyone can see my feeling for her?

 

“Thank you for your hard work. Thank you~” She bowed and thanked each of the staff immediately after she finished her recording. I mustered up my courage and approached her.

 

“Seohyun ssi, let’s go out for a drink.” I asked nonchalantly, successfully hiding the nervousness building in me. She looked dumbstruck and purely shocked. I could understand that. I barely talked to her then I was asking her out all of a sudden.

 

After an awkward silence, Seohyun replied with an unsure yes. I silently cheered. We then proceeded to go to the basement to take my car. I opened the door for her like a gentlemen and she quickly got into the car while smiling in the process. I grinned in satisfaction and got on the car, sitting behind the wheel. I started driving my black Porsche in an awfully slow pace, wanting this rare moment with her to last as long as possible.

 

I glanced at her thru the rear front mirror. I could tell she was nervous. Her flawless face scrunched up in discontent and wariness as she played with her hands. Well, I couldn’t blame her. Who wouldn’t be nervous in the presence of the Almighty Lord Shim Changmin? I smirked proudly to myself.

 

“Which one do you prefer, Seohyun ssi? A café or a restaurant?” I asked her, trying to break the nerve-wrecking silence. I was fine with the silence but Seohyun looked like she would break into tears any time. I guessed I’d show her some good side of me.

 

She stared at me, uncertainty showing on her eyes. I was taken aback by the view. She was so breath-taking. I could feel my heart rate increased drastically. Oh my God. What’s happening to me?

 

“I think café is better, sunbae-nim.” She finally answered me. But her intense cute stare which was directed at me didn’t stop. I gulped in nervousness.

 

“O… Okay then.” Did I just freaking stutter? Oh My God!

 

The whole ride was filled with unexpectedly pleasant silence. Seohyun was secretly smiling to herself, while I was desperately trying to calm my system down. Just a simple reaction from her could make me los control of myself and I didn't want to make out of a fool of myself.

 

Minutes later, we arrived at a simple secluded café located at the side of the city. Artistes often visited this café because it was known for its secrecy and invincibility from the public. Even though it was not as luxurious as the restaurant we visited every day, but it gave us some kind of feeling we dearly missed. A feeling of being like ordinary people.

 

We took the seats near the window. The café was surrounded by forest, which give us a good impression of nature. Seohyun sat right in front of me, her eyes seems to be glued to the view of the forest. I stared at her, admiring her natural beauty.

 

The waitresses came to have our order. She ordered the same meals she always had whenever we went to eat out with the rest of SM families; warm chocolate milk and a strawberry cheesecake. I ordered a black coffee and soon the waitresses left us alone.

 

Just as she left, Seohyun stared at me boldly. I was taken aback by her sudden action.

 

“Why did you take me here, sunbae? You don’t have to if it’s just a form of you thanking me, you know~ We could’ve just take some soda drinks from the vending machine at SM building.” Her melodious giggle followed her first long sentences to me afterward. I was mesmerized, once again.

 

“Well, I want to thank you in a proper way. Don’t you think soda drinks from the vending machine at SM building taste like they’re already out of date?” I myself was surprised with my sudden mention of joke, but it was worth it as I saw she laughed lovely.

 

“Thank you for your kindness, sunbae.” She even slightly bowed her head at me. Tsk. Sometime she was being over-polite.

 

“No need to thank me, Seohyun ah.” I dropped the honorific on purpose.

 

Her eyes widened in surprise. I chuckled to myself.

 

“You do realize that I’ve been watching you all this time, right?” I boldly asked this time. She was shocked at first, but slowly nodded afterward. I gave her my first genuine smile.

 

“Aren’t you curious why I’ve been doing that?”

 

She nodded immediately. I could feel her curiosity. I smiled again.

 

“I want to get closer with you.”

 

I answered honestly. I expected a surprised and shocked Seohyun, but instead I got a genuinely smiling Seohyun. I stared at her, confused and bewildered.

 

“I know, sunbae. I want to be closer with you too. Can I?”

 


 

This is dedicated for Sylvi onni.

Happy birthday to you~!

Rewriting this one made me feel like listening to Journey all day long~