Confession

A One-shot Collections

Kim Jaejoong was acting weird. Definitely weird.

 

Why on the world would he hang out with me on our recess time? We were close friends since childhood and we knew each other well. But at school, we usally kept our distance. Why? Because he was one of the most wanted guys in the school. Many girls have grown fond of him, and some boys as well. I couldn’t blame them. Who wouldn’t like a guy like him? Handsome, kind-hearted, friendly, smart, good at sport. Perfect. While I was just an plain student; nothing out of the ordinary.

 

We were seated on the bench of the school's backyard. I saw him munching on his own-made ddeobokki, another plus point from him for being able to expertly cook. Chili sauce smeared at the corner of his lips as he bit the ddeok carelessly. I couldn’t help but to stare. He was so beautiful… It was an inappropriate word to describe a man with, but I couldn't find any better word to describe him with. He was just so beautiful.

 

“What? You want my ddeok?” He noticed my hard stare and replied the stare back. I shook my head, lips curved into a faint small smile.

 

“You’re messy eating habit never changed, Jae.” I told him with a hint of playfulness in my sudden-too-sugary voice. I couldn’t help it. I always became hyper, giddy and all bubbly whenever he was around.

 

“Don’t tease me, Jae Kyeong ah. You know how my own-made food tastes like. Too delicious to be eaten so slowly.” He pouted on me. He dared to freaking pout. Ugh… He didn’t even have the slightest idea of how that delicious temping pout made me feel inside all these years. Freaking tease.

 

“Stop being so full of yourself~” I poked out my tongue on him to cover up my upcoming blush. I looked away from him to control my unsteady take of breathe. Sigh... It was hard to be in the presence of such a beautiful creature like him.

 

He took his revenge on me by poking out his tongue on me. I sighed once more. He even looked so attractive doing that.

 

“Anyway, let’s skip school. I need your help with something.” He suddenly stopped eating and looked at me with no hint of playfulness evident.

 

“W.. What.. Are you mad?! We’re the 3rd graders, we can’t just skip school that easily!”

 

“Nu-uh. You’re coming with me. Period.” He used that firm tone; a sign that once he had decided on a matter he would have his way with it no matter what. It was useless to reject him when he was determined like this. I sighed in defeat.

 

“Arasso. But before you take me on your evil plan, wipe off those chili sauces from your lips first.”

 

 


 

So, here we are. Sitting by each other’s side on the bench of the downtown park. I already asked him why were we here, what kind of help did he need from me, but he never answered. Instead he was gazing onto the bright blue sky ahead; his mind seemed to wander off somewhere. I sighed again for the nth time that day, and remained in silence beside him.

 

“Jae Kyeong ah, do you remember those times when we used play together in this park when we were kids?” He suddenly spoke. I was taken aback at his unexpected question regarding our past.

 

“Of course. Why?”

 

He didn’t answer and stayed silent for a very long time. I sighed again, and just complied with him.

 

“Jae Kyeong ah, you know that next week is my birthday, right?” He asked again. I nodded in response.

 

“I want to spend my birthday with that girl…” Jaejoong suddenly confessed. My eyes widened in shock. He has someone he likes?

 

“W.. What do you mean?” I forced the words out of my suddenly dry throat.

 

“I want to spend my birthday with the girl I like. I want to confess to her so we can officially become a couple. But I don’t know. I might get rejected. I’m a little scared.”

 

My heart shattered into hundred of pieces upon hearing his answer. I could my eyes getting hotter as time passed by. My first love has gone one-sided. He had fallen in love with another girl before I had the chance to make him love me.

 

“I need your help, Jae Kyeong ah. I need to practice. Just to make sure, you see.”

 

I turned away from him, giving him a view of my back. I couldn’t let him see the miserable face I put on. I couldn't let him know of my true feeling, not after knowing that he had already liked someone else.

 

“Okay. Let’s give it a try.” I was surprised that my voice came out way smoother than I thought, when in fact I was in the brink of cryong.

 

I managed to get calm as silence took over us.

 

Suddenly I felt his hot breath against my exposed neck. I shivered in response.

 

“I love you.”

 

Oh, how I hoped those words were genuinely meant for me...

 

“There you go. It’s not that hard to confess, right? Now go and tell that lucky girl, Jae.”

 

“I already did.”

 

My eyes widened in shock. I turned around to face him; ready to whack him any time if he made fun out of this. But the Jaejoong I found was dead-serious. His eyes bore into mind and I could feel his utmost sincerity.

 

“I love you, Shin Jae Kyeong.”

 

 


 

This is dedicated to Wid.

Happy birthday to you~!

When I re-wrote it, I realized how awful my oneshot for you was... and even after trying to re-write it, it couldn't get much better.

I'm sorry that I couldn't write better for you, chingu-ya T_T