Uncertain

I wish this was a dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wasn't sure how he got here.

He wasn't sure where here even was.

The claustrophobic space was now the boys home, despite not knowing where he was or how he got here. He didn't know anything, not his name, not his age, not even what he looked like, so it was easy to not know what he was doing was not living, the place he was staying was not home, or the emotion he was feeling was fear.

He had been here a long time, how long? Honestly he wasn't sure either. What he did know was the time that he spent in this room was the only time he could remember. He could have been born here and he would know no differently.

But he wasn't born here, he had a home, a life, friends. The people most important to him still searching, hoping he was alive somewhere. If only they knew he was still in the place where it all began.

 

-:-:-:-

 

-2 Years Ago-

 

He was terrified. His body was in a state of paralysis, he couldn't move at all, his mind seemingly the only thing which was currently functioning correctly. "Dongh-" The boy attempted to call, only to stop after hearing how weak his voice had sounded.

Suddenly he was aware of everything, the lack of light in the claustrophobic space, how the loudest noise in the room seemed to be the fast pounding of his own heartbeat, the growing emptiness in his stomach and his dry throat.

He wasn't sure how long he had been out but he was sure it had to be a few days at least, if his current health condition was any indication anyway.

He lay still on the floor for hours, fighting the sleep which had been threatening to overtake him. As he started to drift into the world of sleep he suddenly heard the loud creaking of a door coming somewhere from his left. Agonisingly slow footsteps followed, the boy closed his eyes, feigning sleep as he heard the approach, footsteps stopping only a little away from the terrified boy.

The boys own low breathing was the only noise which could be heard throughout the room for several moments before Mark felt a cold, almost damp hand run across his cheek, managing to resist the urge to flinch as he felt the startling coldness of the limb.

"Who would have know it?"

'Known what?' the frustrated boy inquired silently, too scared to actually voice his question out loud.

As if he could the boys thought, the 'man' (was it even human? Mark wasn't sure he wanted to find out) answered the question.

"I once opened this place for the enjoyment of children and their families" the man mutter, hand moving so it was now running through Mark's greasy hair, movements slow but not at all comforting to the boy.

"Now I'm responsible or bringing sadness to many as the youngest son of chief Lee is now missing, the whole town in a frenzy over the brats disappearance" Mark's hair was yanked roughly, the boy release a choked yelp of pain from the sudden act of violence.

He opened his eyes, almost immediately regretting it as he stared up into the crazed eyes of captor.

"This didn't have to happen you know." hair being 'softly' again as he stared, not blinking in fear of what would happen if he did, up into the man's dark, almost soulless eyes. "You're father could have left me alone, but instead  he took my happiness away from me over a few 'small accidents'. The man shook his head, deep laughter could be heard not even a minute later. "It's okay though, his stupid son came and walked right into my hands, so now it's my turn to repay the favour."

Mark felt a shiver run across his whole body. A chilling smile grew on the man's face as he felt the young boys fear, moving his hand to cover the boys eyes.

Mark whole body froze, his vision no longer of any use. He felt as the man bent down, face inches away from his ear before he heard a raspy whisper in his ear.

"Don't worry my boy, I'm not going to kill you. No I'm just going to make you wish you were dead" he heard the rasping laughs before his head was forced up then smashed into the ground, the force enough to force the boy into the unknown darkness once again.

 

-:-:-:-

 

-1½ Years Ago-

 

Pain

For the last half a year the only thing he had felt was pain. He wanted to escape but that man - no, that demon was always watching.

He was constantly being drugged, he knew it, he could always feel the small needle in his skin. He was only kept awake long enough for the that thing to come and torture him, whether that was with physical pain or mental abuse all depended on his twisted mood.

Occasionally he would just come and sit next to the boy, talking for hours about his life, the park, his dream, or how Mark was now his only friend, the only person who now cared about the boy.

Today was one of those days, it was also the day Mark would fight back the only way he possible could, with words.

"You know I'm the only one who cares, don't you?" He wasn't expecting an answer, he had never gotten one before, the young boy simply choosing to stay silent. So when the boy scoffed the man was surprised but was not angry like the teen had assumed he would be, instead he released some sort of overjoyed laugh.

"You finally re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter