Only The Beginning

I wish this was a dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin blinked his eyes open, startled by the loud music and bright lights which danced around his vision. He quickly noticed he was standing, something that surprised and disturbed him as he had only just awoken, he quickly shook that off, he hadn't awoken he had fallen asleep. Looking around he saw yellow eyes staring at him in amusement, he glowered at the creature in defiance, angry at what he had put them all through for the last few years.

"Where are my friends?" The creature seemed to become more amused by the anger in his voice, which only made him angrier. "I asked you a question!"

"You're quite the spit-fire aren't you? I like that, it reminds me of Mark before I made him feel what pain really is" the demon smiled as if remembering a fond memory, Jaemin glared as the words processed, disgusted at what he had heard. "Unfortunately you are a player in this game which means you can only move on if you beat this round! Doesn't that sound fun?" Jaemin flinched at the harshness in the voice, it sounded crazed as it swung its arms around in wild gestures.

"Fine. What game are we playing?"

"I guess Mark never told you...Oh, well you'll soon figure it out" Jaemin watched as the figure stood to its full height, he found himself gulping as he realised just how tall the creature was. He stepped backwards, eyeing the demons hands as they moved towards the High Striker, its palms curling around the handle of the mallet.

He looked around as he saw the demon smile at him, sharp teeth on show as it began to advance towards him. He seeing a gap between some of the machines he quickly darted between them into the next aisle of game. Terror shot through him as a loud crash resounded through the arcade, the noise coming from just meters away, he continued to move but dared a look over his shoulder to see the demon step over the now broken coin machine.

The game of cat and mouse continued for only a few minutes before Jaemin found himself at a deadend, his back pressed against the front of 'hit the mole'.

'Well isn't that familiar' he thought wryly as he saw which game he was backed up against. He pressed further as he saw the creature turn directly into his sight.

'I don't want to die. I haven't apologised for anything, like eating Jisung's candy then blaming Hyuck or spreading gossip about Chenle, or...never telling Jeno how I feel about him'. He shut his eyes tight as the creature drew closer at a tauntingly slow pace. When he heard it begin to raise the mallet his eyes sprung open and he pushed into the creature, not even a second later he heard the mallet come down and hit the machine. He rushed passed the creature as fast as possible, not stopping to look back, but a pain went through him as he found himself flying through the air, his head meeting with the side of a machine as he came to an abrupt stop.

He groaned in shock as he rolled onto his back, he felt something warm slide down the side of his face but ignored it as his mind tried to piece together what had happened. After a few seconds he realised the demon must have swung around and hit him with the mallet before he was able to get far enough. He panicked as he watched the creature appear in front of him, creepy smile in place as he peered down at the injured boy with amused yellow eyes.

"I'm sorry, was I too rough?" Its croaked laugh sounded loud even next to the overwhelming noise of the music from the machines. "Our little game had come to an end far to quickly, it's a shame I thought you would prove to be more entertaining". It shrugged as it once again raised the mallet. Tears slid down Jaemin's cheeks as his eyes watched, wide with terror. No longer able to look into the creatures dark eyes, he squeezed his own shut, waiting for the oncoming blow that would no doubt finish him.

There was darkness.

 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

 

"How much further?" Chenle asked, they had been jogging for the past few minutes and the noise didn't seem to be getting any closer. Mark paused mid-jog and looked around, causing the others to pause and wait. Jeno looked antsy, uncontained worry practically seeping off him.

"Can we just keep going, it's taking us longer than it has any other time, we don't know what could haooen in that time" he stressed, not waiting for an answer before turning and pulling into a faster jog than before.

"Jeno! We can't separate, it's dangerous" Renjun called as he moved to follow as the slightly younger boy chose to ignore him. Chenle huffed, looking towards Mark who shook his head and gestured for them to follow the agitated teen.

It took mere minutes to reach the sound of music, Mark covered his ears slightly at how loud the sound was. He felt another wave of pain causing him to lose balance, falling onto Jisung who was unprepared for the sudden weight causing both boys to fall to the floor.

"Ya-" Jisung stopped as he noticed his oldest friend clutching his head with his hands, body splayed on the floor as he whithered in pain. "Mark?" He asked unsure, batting at Chenle and Renjun who were threating over him. "He needs space" the youngest scolded.

A sudden crash from within the arcade had all their heads snapping away from Mark to focus on the flashing lights of the entrance.

"Jaemin..." Jeno muttered before bolting into the building. The other boys made noises of protest, torn for what they should do. Mark sat up, eyes glazed over as he waved the other boys off. "We need to go in there".

"Are you sure you should? I mean you don't look so good" Chenle asked in concern.

"You could wait out here..." he trailed off as the older boy started to stand, Jisung immediately helping him up. "Or not" he muttered to himself as he watched the stubborn boy rise to his feet. "I'm fine, let's go in there before one of them gets hurt". The others nodded, rushing towards the door when they heard another crash from inside.

~:~

Jeno felt his heart palpitate as he rushed into the building, the blaring music almost deafening him but he took no noticed as he swung his head around looking for the boy he knew he needed to help. Not far from him he spotted the looming figure of the demon and automatically ran towards him as he saw the creature raise the hatchet above his head. Knowing exactly what he was aiming for, he jumped on the creature without a split second of thinking when he had gotten close enough.

The sudded attack seemed to surprise the creature as it dropping the weapon behind, narrowly missing Jeno who had attached himself to its back. "Nana! Stand up, quickly!" he demanded, the younger boy snapped his eyes open at the familiar shout to see the unexpected sight. Without hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter