Last Goodbye

I wish this was a dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy New Year!

There is only an hour left until the new year starts here in England, but I wish you all the best in the upcoming year!

Warnings!!!

This chapter includes gore and what I hope is an overal scarier chapter than normal since I felt like the horror had been lacking since the first chapter.

This Chapter has not been edited at all but I will try and do so tomorrow because there is going to be a million grammar and spelling mistakes. 

 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

 

 

Donghyuck's eyes blinked open.

Looking around he gulped as he found himself alone, he knew he was going to be entering this place but wasn't quite as prepared as he had originally thought. Taking a deep breath to calm himself he looked around the room. It was fairly large in size, big enough to fit two of his own room. It was spaceous, the only objects in site were the looming puppets that were strung from the ceiling.

Donghyuck felt himself swallow unconsciously as it seemed the marionettes eyes followed every movement he made with small beedy eyes. "Hello? Is anyone there?" he called hesistantly, eyes never straying from the dolls as he tried to press himself futher against the wall. "Mark? Jeno?" he tried again but was met with silence.

A slight twitch from the opposite corner of the room had his head snapping towards the direction but nothing seemed any different than it had moments before. He inhaled a shaky breath, repremanding himself silentently for pscyching himself out. The moment was interrupted as another jerky movement from the doll left the boy staring, paralyzed in fear as the doll continued to move mid-air, its movements looked almost panicked.

He continued to stare, too scared to take his eyes off the doll until it's struggles seemed to lessen and it came to an abrupt stop, the only evidence that the previous moments occured was the light swaying caused by the disturbed strings.

His loud breathing filled the room as his eyes darted around, searching for any sign of movement. After a few minutes nothing more happened and Donghyuck slowly found himself relaxing but still alert. Just as he released a quiet sigh he felt something cold on his hand. Glancing down he saw a small wooden hand on his own, following the arm his eyes met with the cold, emotionless painted eyes of a doll, it's head tilting to the side as it stared at him.

Donghyuck batted the hand from his own and stood, bolting to the other side of the room faster than he thought possible. He eyed the doll as it dragged its self towards him, now seeming more hostile than before. He backed away, his eyes never leaving the marionette when he heard a thud from his side, his head snapped towards the noise and found a second doll a metre away.

His eyes shook as his mind ran non-stop, trying to figure out a way out. Just behind the second doll there was a plain wooden door, he didn't even think as he ran towards it,he didn't even take notice as more thuds sounded behind him. As he reached the door he stepped on the doll harshly causing a shattering noise through out the room, but he payed no mind to it as he reached the door and tugged the handle.

Of course it didn't move.

Donghyuck panicked, rattling the door continuously, slamming into it with hope that it would open, but of course he had no such luck. He shouted the names of his friends, hoping they were near by and soon heard a response.

"Donghyuck!" the call sounded far but he responded none the less, tears of relief flooding his face as he heard the calls getting closer until they were right outside the door.

"Donghyuck, oh my god! Are you okay?" hee clearly heard Renjun and immediately replied. "I'm okay, just please get me ou-" the only warning he got before he felt himself being yanked back was a cold, velvety slither across the neck.

"Donghyuck! Hyuck! What's going on!?" he could hear his friends calling him, banging on the door frantically but could do nothing but make choked noises as his body was lifted from the floor, a ribben strung tightly around his neck. His hands desperately tugged at the string as he tried helplessly to escape but to no avail, with every move he swore it only got tighter.

Looking up, tears blocked his vision but he still saw the blurry face staring down at him. Donghyuck recognised it as the first doll he had seen, it's face now painted but a dangerous grin, as if it was now enjoying watching Donghyuck's imminent death.

His vision started to darken as he felt himself run out of breath, gravity pulling painfully on his swaying body. He went still as his body started to give up.

 

The door finally broke open as Jeno and Jisung gave it one last painfully hard shove, both boys falling to the floor at the sudden emptiness. Renjun rushed past them into the room, Jaemin not far behind him as they saw the still body of Donghyuck. Renjun gave a frightened shout as he and Jaemin rushed towards the body. Chenle stalled in the doorway as Jisung and Jeno joined the othwr two, his eyes wide  and breath stuttered at the sight in front of him.

Jaemin quickly held onto his motionless friends legs, hoisting him up as much as possible to help him breath, Jisung joining him not even a second later. Jeno and Renjun circled him as they tried to find a way to get him down but came up with nothing.

"Hurry!" Jisung cried out as he struggled with the shared weight. Jeno nodded frantically before his eyes widdened, his mind remembering what they had learnt about dreams when researching for Mark. He closed his eyes tightly until he felt a cold weight in his hand, opening them he found a sharp knife and quickly handed it to Renjun before picking the shorter boy up so he was able to reach the ribben.

It took meer seconds before the offending object was cut free and all the boys fell with the new weight. On the floor Jaemin quickly turned Donghyuck so he was facing the ceiling and slapped his cheeks. "Donghyuck, can you hear me?" he repeated the question as the rest of the friends stayed silent with bated breathes as they listened for a response, Chenle stepping further into the room so he could monitor the situation closer.

After what seemed like eternatty they heard Donghyuck inhale sharply which was followed by deep, desperate breaths. Jeno quickly helped the boy into a sitting position, rubbing his back as the boy continued to try and catch his breath. After a few minutes of them silently comforting the boy they heard his choke out a sob.

"I thought I was dead, I thought I would never see you guys again" he slurred between gasps of air, Renjun leaned forward and pulled him into a tight hug, Chenle finally sat down with them and grasped Donghyuck shirt tightly in his hand, reassuring himself that he was really fine.

It took a few minutes but Donghyuck pulled out of the hug and looked around at the exhausted, scared faces of his friends. It didn't take long before he noticed something was wrong. He looked around again before noticing the lack of a certain face. He looked around frantically as his body jolted forward. His friends tried to calm him, all starting to panic at his sudden actions.

Jisung held him still, the youngest member grasped his face so he was forced to look directly into his eyes. "Hyung, what's wrong?" He askes, his voice quaking slightly as he tried to keep himself calm.

"Mark! Where's Mark?" he asked desperately, he watched as all their faces paled and they looked around much like his had only moments ago. Chenle shot up and ran to the door but found nothing as he looked outside, he shook his head and gasped as the foreding feelings return.

"Somethings wrong, something doesn't feel right" he said to no one in particular. The other quickly joined him by the door, Renjun supporting Donghyuck tired body as they walked out as fast as they could.  Once they got out of the haunted house they looked around, Donghyuck noticed and looked at them, confused as to what they were looking for.

"What's going on? We need to look for Mark" he was ignored as Jeno shook his head, his hand coming to grasp at his hair. "This isn't right! Why isn't the light changing" he asked, looking up at the lights illuminating the haunted house.

Jaemin stood silently as he looked at the lights, one in particular catching his attention. He pointed to the glowing arrow by the entrance. "That wasn't there before...was it?" he asked slowly as the others turned to look what he was pointing at. "So we need to go back in there?" Donghyuck asked shakily. Renjun looked at him worriedly but nodded.

"You can stay out here if you think you can't go back" he suggested softly but Donghyuck's eyes hardened as he looked into the dark entrance resolutely.

"I can go".

"But Hyuck, what just happened was pretty traumatic, are you sure you'll be okay?" Jaemin tried to reason, his hand coming to wipe a bit of blood from his head as he felt it slide down his face. Jeno frowned, worried when he saw the blood soaking through the make-shift bandage on his.

"I want to go, Mark is still in there" Donghyuck argued, not going to take no as an answer and moved towards the entrance with listening to anything else. The other boys quickly following behind to ensure that they woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter