One of Many

I wish this was a dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark felt someone shaking him, calling his name as his eyes flew open looking wildly around the room.

'It was just a dream'.

His heart was beating wildly in his chest as he finally managed to look around him, his dad was sitting in front of him, the man was wearing a pair of dark blue nightwear showing Mark the older man had actually chosen to sleep at home instead of a the station like he usually would, his calloused hands still rested on his youngest sons shoulders as he looked into his eyes, mouth moving as if to talk. After a few seconds Mark realised the older man was talking, his mind started to register the words being said.

"Minhyung, are you okay?" Mark hated being called by that name. The older man turned towards the figure by the door, not waiting or expecting the other boy to answer his question. "Tae, go down stairs and grab him some water please" the other nodded and moved from the doorway. His dad turned back to him, reaching out and brought him into a hug,  his youngest sons head.  Mark heard words of comfort being spoken quietly into his ears, his body relaxing unconsciously as he listened.

Mark pulled slightly away from his dad, looking him in the eye. He felt confused and surprised to see the other man, particularly acting....well like a father, he hadn't seen much of his dad ever since he returned and when he did the man seemed to be giving the cold shoulder.

"I-I'm fine...it was just a nightmare. I don't even remember it anymore" Mark lied, part of him didn't want to worry his dad, and the other part just didn't feel comfortable sharing the dream he had, especially with a man who had practically gone M.I.A just so he could avoid him. His dad went to speak but was interrupted by Taeyong who walked into the room, glass of water in hand and a worried Taeil hovering behind him.

Mark watched, distressed, as his father's face return to the cold stony look, the only look that always seemed to greet Mark whenever he was with his father. The older man stood from the bed, ignoring Mark as the youngest boy called for him, he pat Taeyong on the shoulder as he walked out of the room. Taeil huffed at the interaction and walked -stomped- over to Mark's bed before hovering around him like a worryied mother.

"You had a nightmare?" Mark just nodded as his older brother handed him the water, he drank it all without stopping, sighing when he felt the cold liquid travel down his throat.

"Want to talk about it?" 

"Maybe tomorrow...I don't think I can right now" Taeyong nodded in understanding "You can tell us whenever you're ready" Mark threw a small smile at Taeil. Looking towards the window he noticed it was still dark out, frowning he looked back towards the older boys both whom were just watching him, concerned. "Seriously? I'm fine. What time is it?" Taeyong sighed but pulled his phone from his back pocket, screen lighting up his face as he checked.

"3:14"

Mark groaned. "Sorry, I woke you up didn't I?" Taeil rolled his eyes and shoved the younger boy lightly. "Yeah, but I don't mind I'm used to being up in this time, so is Taeyong so don't even think about acting up...you silly child" He muttered the last part, chuckling when the other hit his arm.

"Well Kiddo you should probably go back to sleep, you have school tomorrow" Taeyong chuckled when he heard Mark groan in distaste. "Why did I say I wanted to go back?"

"So you don't have to stay back another year?"

Mark groaned again and flopped back down onto his pillow. "Good night" Taeyong and Taeil said before moving to go back to their room.

"Can I just stay home tomorrow?" Mark called after them, he heard a chorus of 'no' come from the hallway so he huffed and shut his eyes, hoping he would be able to get some more sleep before morning arrived.

 

That sleep never came.

 

For the next couple of hours the teen turned restlessly in bed, bloody images of a familiar face flashing in his mind every time he tried to close his eyes. After only two hours Mark felt bile rise in his throat as a particularly horrid scene played in his mind, he could see as the possessed ride hit his friend, he could hear the cracking of breaking bones and he could smell the blood in the air, everything seemed so real.

Mark flung himself out of bed and flew to the bathroom, he could do nothing as he threw up the meal he had eaten last night, the rancid smell and burn of his throat present as he continued until he was just retching into the toilet bowl. He didn't hear someone came into the room but felt a comforting hand rubbing his back, Taeyong sitting behind him, the older boy was already dressed as he was up early getting ready for a photo shoot.

Taeyong helped the younger boy up handing him some tissue as he flushed the chain, he then proceeded to get some water for the other to rinse his mouth with.

"You okay?"

Mark shook his head, the action making him slightly dizzy. Taeyong placed his hand on the other boy's shoulders and steered him out of the room. "Okay Kiddo let's get you back into bed.

After Taeyong had gotten the younger boy back into bed he sat down next to him, brushing sweaty bangs from his face, frowning at the temperature. "How did we not notice this earlier?" he muttered quietly to himself. "Don't worry about school tomorrow, I'll call them later to let them know about your absence. Just get some more sleep for now." Mark nodded his eyes finally drifting closed and soon falling into a light sleep, the comfort of his brother's hand in his seemed to stop the nightmares that had been plaguing him all night.

Once Taeyong was sure the younger boy was asleep he slipped his hand out of the others grasp and moved quietly out of the room, back into his own. When he opened the door he was greeted by a sleep, and slightly disorientated looking Taeil, the older boy appeared to be trying to blink the sleepiness away. Taeyong found a small smile easily making its way onto his face as he watched his partner rub at his eyes, much like a child.

"Work?"

Taeyong hummed, crossing the room in a few step and leaning down to give the other a kiss, one the other boy easily returned. Pulling away slightly so he could look at the other he told the older boy about Mark. "I'm going to excuse him from school today, his sick."

"Sick?"

Taeyong sighed, sitting down next to Taeil, the older boy sitting up slightly so his back was leaning on the head board of the bed. "Yeah, he was throwing up and he has a fever".

Taeil nodded sympathetically "I guess that explains the nightmare".

"I guess so..." the younger boy didn't sound as convinced. He leaned for another kiss "I have to go, I'm pretty sure I'm already late"

"Go, your manager is going to angry." Taeyong went to open his mouth but was quick to shut it when Taeil pointed an accusing finger at him. "Don't even think about skipping, this photo-shoot is important. I can take a day off and look after him." Taeyong frowned but agreed.

"Now go before your manager comes here and kicks up a fuss" Taeyong yelps as the older boys smacks his , wiggling his eyebrow with a cheeky smile present on his face. The younger rolled his eyes but couldn't stop the amused laugh that left him as he walked from the room.

 

-:-:-:-

 

They were running down the stairs, all of them were out of breath. He could see the metal gates looming ahead.

'Just a bit more, we're almost there'.

The group were half way down the when they felt the stairs move beneath them, each of them gripped onto the side railings to stop themselves from falling.

"We can't stop here, we have to keep moving or we'll be right back in the park!" he heard Jeno should as they all tried to run down. Their efforts got them nowhere, no matter how fast they tried to run the escalator seemed to be faster, pulling them all back into the park. When they reached the top Mark quickly dragged them off when he heard the escalators release a loud groan, a few seconds later the whole structure feel leaving a giant, bottomless pit in the ground.

Mark felt a tug at his arm, turning to the side he saw Jaemin gripping onto his arm.

"Mark, I'm scared".

Mark pat the younger's back. "Don't worry Nana, I'll protect y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter