How the Wolf Bit Off the Red Hood

You Owe Me

Mimi just finished parking the car in the basement parking lot.

"Where do you want to go first?" Mimi asked, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Well..." YooA said, trailing off.

Mimi opened the door and got down. The next thing YooA knew, Mimi was on her right side.

"Come down, let's go," Mimi said, still holding the door open.

"You didn't have to open the door for me," YooA smiled, moving to get down.

"I.. wanted to," Mimi mumbled, moving aside.

YooA felt her smile grow a bit wider. Mimi closed the door behind her and locked the car.

"Ah, let's go clothes shopping first," YooA said. 

"Good idea," Mimi grinned, eyeing their matching outfits.

They easily found a nice clothes store and began looking around. YooA stopped in front of a lone red and black plaid shirt. Oh no, wait. It was a hoodie. YooA stared at it.

"Do you like that?" Mimi asked, standing close to her.

YooA smiled at her cutely. Mimi stepped back a little, unsure of how fast her heart had pounded.

"Will you wear this on our date?" YooA asked sweetly.

"A-Ah, mm... if you want me to.. then.. I will."

YooA noticed a blush creeping up to Mimi's face. She felt like teasing her more. More. YooA got the hoodie off the rack and held it out to Mimi smiling extra cute. Mimi blushed more but reached to take it from YooA. She accidentally touched YooA's hand in the process.

"S-Sorry about that," Mimi stuttered.

"Don't worry about it," YooA smiled. "Go try it on~"

YooA watched as Mimi ran off to the dressing room leaving YooA with her heart beating harder than usual. YooA pressed on her chest.

"Strange..." she thought to herself.

 

"Where do you want to eat?" Mimi asked.

YooA thought it was weird how Mimi always asked her instead of choosing but she didn't say anything.

"Over there."

YooA was pointing to a dimly lit restaurant that looked quite lonely.

"Alright then, let's go," Mimi said.

With that, she began walking over to the said place. YooA stayed behind and watched Mimi. Despite the new and unknown atmosphere, she seemed at ease and confident in every step she took. 

"She would do fine all alone," YooA thought. "Much like a lone wolf."

YooA was startled when Mimi stopped walking and turned to look at her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Mimi said. "Let's go."

She took YooA's hand and led her to the restaurant. They placed their orders normally. It all seemed so natural. It was strange.

"You know, it really does feel like we're on a date," Mimi joked. "But I've never been on a date so I wouldn't know how that feels," she admitted.

YooA laughed. Her eyes somehow found their way to Mimi's hand lying on the table. YooA tapped her own hand impatiently. Tap.. tap... tap...

 

"You have a date tonight," the ringmaster told her.

"Another one," YooA smiled.

The ringmaster laughed heartily.

"How many does this make? It seems that they don't really learn," he smirked. "Or maybe that's just how beautiful you are, my doll?"

He got up and walked away leaving the others to attend to YooA. 

Red dress. Red lips. The color that ignites the passion in ones heart and thre red of seduction. The red of danger.

YooA was in a  dimly lit room again. A different man across from her. YooA could feel he was excited. She could sense the small tremors within him, the pounding of his heart in his chest was obvious to her. She simply smiled at him. She noticed his hand creeping towards hers. She faked a tiny flinch as he touched her, causing him to retreat.

"Ah, I'm terribly sorry," he gushed. 

He was nervous. I mean, you wouldn't want to mess with somebody else's trophy. Especially not one that belongs to a certain group who does certain things aside from their main cover. YooA smiled at him again, drawing him in deeper. She tentatively went to hold his hand.

"It's alright," she giggled. 

He smiled and she saw the triumphant glint in his eyes. YooA looked away. There was always a tiny part of her that felt bad for the guys but in the end, she didn't care. Things ran their own course, she just went along with the flow. The flow was usually the same. She would make them feel like they were winning but in the end, it was her victory. YooA met his eyes once more and she saw that it yearned for her. More than just a touch of the hand. YooA smiled. Inside she was a bit apologetic though. A touch of the hand was all they'd ever get. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

"YooA?"

YooA looked up into Mimi's eyes. There was a tiny frown at her lips. Mimi had been worried. 

"Ah, sorry, I just spaced out for a bit," YooA said, quickly finding Mimi's hand and giving it a small squeeze.

YooA's heart jumped. It was the first time her hand had moved first. She felt Mimi's hand jump a little though, so she breathed easier. YooA comforted herself. "It'll be fine," she thought to herself, "Mimi likes you."

"So now that we're done shopping for clothes is there anythign else you want to do?" Mimi asked.

"I'm not sure," YooA said slowly.

"Let's go to the pet shop," Mimi smiled.

The arrived and began looking at the little animals around them. There was one particular puppy that was very happy to see them.

"Look, he's wagging his tail so fast~!" Mimi laughed.

YooA smiled. Mimi's happiness was more infectuous than it seemed.

"It looks like a tiny wolf," YooA observed.

"A wolf, huh?"

"Although, it looks too friendly to be a wolf," YooA laughed.

Mimi sobered up a bit.

"That reminds me," Mimi said, "I once read up on wolves."

"Wolves?" YooA asked curiously.

"We all know wolves as being lonely but I read that they're actually friendly and social. They're also loyal and strong and excellent communicators," Mimi smiled.

YooA looked back at the puppy, still wagging its tail happily.

"Oftentimes, we have a preconceived notion of something which is strengthened by popular belief. I mean, it's much easier to believe in something most people agree on rather than having to go through the trouble of disproving their own thoughts over what you believe to be true. It's much easier to believe in something most people believe in," Mimi continued.

YooA stayed quiet, letting it sink in.

"I know you're thinking about how strange it was for a "lone wolf" to be friendly," Mimi said kindly. "It's fine."

"Is it really?" YooA asked.

Now it was Mimi's turn to stay quiet.

"I mean, is it fine for others to believe or doubt what you aren't and what you are? Who decided they know you better than yourself?"

"We don't have control over what others think," Mimi smiled. "Also, isn't this a strange conversation for our 'date'?"

"It doesn't have to be strange," YooA smiled.

Slowly, YooA reached out for Mimi's hand. Mimi saw it and took it gently. They smiled at each other and the two stayed there smiling and watching the little puppy that was so happy to see them both.

 

Somehow, after what seemed like forever, they decided to head back to the car.

"Do you think they're still doing something?" YooA asked.

Well," Mimi said, "we'll just have to find out."

They saw the car but someone was crouching beside it.

"Hey, what are you doing!?" Mimi shouted, rushing to the car.

The person straightened up and Mimi stopped. The person was wearing a black face mask and a black cap. He wore a zipped up black jacket and pants. He immediately ran off. YooA watched him as Mimi ran to inspect the car.

"He damaged our tires!" Mimi shouted angrily.

She let out another shout as a shot was fired close to her head.

"What-!?"

She didn't have time to finish her sentence as YooA grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the car. The shooting continued and they ran quickly, trying to dodge the oncoming bullets. They stopped in their tracks as their path was blocked by several people, dressed similarly to the first guy they saw. There was nobody else in the basement but them. They couldn't run back. YooA was nervous. They had trained very hard but right here and now, she was nervous. She looked beside her but Mimi was gone. Her heart sank.

"Sorry, love, but you're own your own."

And off the wagon and horses went, leaving her alone with the dust.

YooA closed her eyes tightly, pushing away the thoughts of the past. She had to focus on where she was now. She had to protect herself. Even if she had to do it by herself.

"Just stay behind me," Mimi said in a low voice.

YooA was shocked as she looked in front of her to see Mimi stretching her arms out protectively.

"Mimi! What are you doing?" YooA breathed out.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Mimi laughed nervously. "I'm protecting you!"

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loool I know this took way to long to come out but in all honesty this would have finished sooner if the laptop didn't keep dying and not saving my work xD

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one. Sorry if you expected a cute date LOL

Also, you're probably wondering why the title is like that but you can just try to search for Red Riding Hood meanings and maybe you can piece things together. Or not haha 

 

Author, out ;)