A Little of Luck

You Owe Me

"I think we should dress a little more casually," YooA had suggested the day before.

So today for their turn at the mission, Mimi and YooA looked exactly like that. Casual. Binnie looked at them enviously.

"You could have suggested that to us before we got noticed by that waitress," Binnie sighed.

"Well, we're all just testing the waters here.You were a great help so thank you for your sacrifice," YooA winked.

Binnie simply rolled her eyes. Next to her, Jiho was standing straight, assessing the pair getting ready to set off. "Stay alert" was the only thing Jiho had to say. Mimi revved the engine as YooA got herself seated in the front seat.

"Stay safe," Hyojung said encouragingly, waving.

Mimi nodded gratefully and then drove away. The rest of them began heading back inside with only Jiho and Binnie lingering behind still looking at the car that was heading out into the distance.

"Do you think they'll be alright?" Binnie asked, turning her head towards Jiho.

Jiho smirked and gave Binnie a light peck on the lips.

"W-What are you doing!?" Binnie stammered, covering her lips in surprise.

She looked left and right before scolding Jiho again.

"Someone could have seen us!"

Jiho simply shrugged and began walking back inside first.

"Oh so now you act all calm and cool," Binnie mumbled, annoyed. "At least wait up for me!"

Jiho gave a soft short laugh as Binnie jogged to catch up to her.

"Should I apologize?" Jiho asked looking straight ahead, as Binnie walked beside her.

"Well, if you want to," Binnie said, crossing her arms.

"It's just that..." Jiho trailed off.

Binnie raised her eyebrow, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"It's just that I didn't want you to see how red my face got," she laughed, rubbing her face.

Binnie stopped walking and Jiho paused to stay beside her. Binnie peered curiously at Jiho who seemed to shy away a little under her stare.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to hide your cuteness from me," Binnie said simply.

With that, she leaned in and gave Jiho a short but sweet kiss on the lips. She pulled away, feeling satisfied with the flustered expression on Jiho's face. Tucking her hair behind her ear, the long haired girl stammered:

"O-Okay then."

 

"Oh my, what another lovely couple~!"

Mimi and YooA smiled awkwardly at the waitress who was positively beaming at them. They were sitting pressed close to each other and wondering what to do about the bubbly and overbearing waitress.

"Ah, a friend of mine did say they were served by a bubbly waitress. You all must be very happy and customer service oriented," YooA commented, trying not to seem too uncomfortable.

"Oh, you heard that? It's probably just me though. I absolutely love approaching couples who seem to have trouble expressing themselves physically," she said unashamedly.

YooA felt Mimi shiver.

"And what would you-"

"Why yesterday there was an extremely well dressed couple who were extremely quiet. I approached them and tried to get things moving along but when they were extremely close to kissing they had to leave for an emergency! Oh, it was a shame! But they'll be back next week, is what they said," the waitress babbled on at high speed.

YooA and Mimi just looked at each other tiredly hoping she would stop. 

"You should seriously stop bothering customers."

Another waitress who seemed to have a cool demeanor appeared and  began to scold the bubbly waitress. The bubbly waitress didn't seem apologetic at all and simply bounced away giving Mimi and YooA a playful wave.

"I'd like to apologize on her behalf," the cool waitress said. "She's a bit new here so she's very excited."

With a polite nod, she left as well.

"Well, I'm glad that's done with," Mimi sighed gratefully. "Now what do we do?"

"You know what they say, Mimi," YooA said, smiling for real this time. "When in Rome, do what the Romans do."

As if she had a switch, YooA immediately started fawning after Mimi excessively. She batted her eyes, twirled her hair and gave light flirty laughter. She was extremely charming and attractive. Unfortunately, Mimi didn't know how to react and YooA sensed this. She leaned in closer to Mimi.

"If you don't know how to act, at least try to look less awkward. We're trying to look like we're having a good time," she whispered, her hand creeping up Mimi's thigh.

Mimi smiled and placed her hand on YooA's creeping one, stopping it.

"Do you really have to act this way though?" Mimi asked, tilting her head. "I always have a good time when we're together," she smiled.

YooA's smile dropped and her face turned red. She felt embarrassed with herself but what made her heart beat really fast was Mimi's genuinely sincere smile. Before she could say anything, a waitress appeared in front of them.

"Would you two like some privacy?"

 

They were led away from their table and through the door next to the counter. The air was a bit cold as the door swung open and it revealed a long dimly lit hallway. Mimi could hardly make out what any of the doors said. They walked along in silence, Mimi holding onto YooA's hand tightly. YooA pretended to be completely calm with everything but Mimi's warmth pressing down on her hand was giving her a little bit of difficulty. The waitress stopped walking and opened a door for them which revealed a very comfortable looking bed with rose petals scattered over it.

"Enjoy yourselves," the waitress smiled, closing the door.

The two stood near the door, trying to take in the situation they had been left in.

"What..." Mimi trailed off.

"Isn't this a lovely looking room?" YooA smirked.

YooA walked further into the room and gently caressed the soft bed.

"What the hell is this supposed to be?" Mimi groaned, flopping down on the bed.

"I guess Archer was right," YooA said, sitting down cross-legged next to Mimi. "It seems like they allow people to make love here. Not for the sake of making love, but for the sake of production. I mean, that's the only benefit they could get for giving out these rooms for free. They didn't provide protection, did they?" YooA laughed.

"I won't disagree with you but we still need to find out why," Mimi said nervously, glancing around the room. "There aren't any clues here."

"Wow, you were able to decide that there aren't any clues by giving this room a quick scan," YooA said sarcastically. "You must have god level detective skills like some sort of Sherlock Holmes or something."

"Don't make fun of me, YooA," Mimi pouted, getting comfortable on the bed.

YooA sniffed lightly trying to get a feel of the room better. An alarm sounded off in her head as she realized the familiar scent. She immediately slid down the bed, pulling Mimi down with her. Mimi didn't complain too much despite how she always complained.

"What was that for?" Mimi said lazily.

"Do you smell that?" YooA said, covering her nose.

"No...?"

Mimi attempted to sniff it out but YooA covered her nose for her quickly.

"It reminds me of that club. The drinks they served smelled something like this," YooA noted.

Now Mimi sat up, alert. She remembered YooA's drunken pole dancing and she did not want to have to drag her out in her drunk state all alone. She stood up and tried to turn the doorknob but it wouldn't budge.

"Looks like we're stuck here," Mimi said. "I mean we could bust out of here action movie style but that would make us too suspicious."

"So, what do you suggest we do?" YooA asked.

"Uhm, maybe we could kill time and tell stories?" Mimi suggested sheepishly.

"Tell stories?" YooA asked in disbelief. "Sure, let's tell some tales of princes and their white horses while our minds get slowly drugged until we end up doing god knows what!"

"Do you have any better ideas!?" Mimi asked, angrily.

YooA didn't respond and looked away haughtily. Mimi was caught a little off guard. YooA was never this upset. It made Mimi feel bad. Like really bad. She walked towards YooA and sat down in front of her.

"YooA?" Mimi asked gently. "I'm sorry. I'll find a way out of here, okay?"

YooA buried her face in her hands and shook her head.

"That's not why I'm upset."

"Then what-"

"I'm frustrated, Mimi. I'm frustrated at you and myself," YooA sobbed.

"Ah, she's crying," Mimi thought.

It made her hands feel cold just watching YooA's figure shaking with every sob. Mimi tried to reach out to her and pat her but she retracted it, seeing how much it was shaking. Mimi didn't know why her hand was shaking. She tried to speak up but YooA spoke first.

"I like you, Mimi. I like you more than a friend. I've been interested in you ever since the day you saved me."

Mimi was in shock. She certainly never expected that. She didn't know what to say. Anything she could have said just got caught in . She didn't know where YooA's confession was coming from. 

"Ever since we got here I've been trying so hard to catch your attention. It's probably because of the way I was raised but I was used to getting the hearts of people I flirted with. I seduced people, Mimi. That was who I am. Maybe, it still is. I hate that I tried to do that to you but I can't help it. I want you to want me as much as I want you," she said bitterly.

YooA began sobbing in earnest and due to her excessive shaking she fell down sideways and her body instinctively curled up into a ball on the floor. Mimi couldn't stand to just watch anymore. She stood up carefully and looked down at YooA who was looking more and more like a fragile pet. Breathing in deeply, she stooped down and picked YooA up and then placed her on the soft, warm bed.

"If you want to lie down, the bed's right here. It's pretty comfy," Mimi coughed akwardly.

She let out a nervous laugh. Slowly, she lay herself down next to YooA and gently pried her hands off her face. It was wet and shiny with tears and YooA's lips trembled uncontrollably. 

"When I said telling stories, I wasn't talking about princes or horses," Mimi started slowly. "I was talking about you. I want to know more about you," Mimi said softly.

YooA looked at her tearfully, tears still streaming down her face. Mimi breathed in deeply, trying to muster all the courage she had in her. Finally, she said:

"I'm interested in you. I like you too."

At that point, YooA began crying  so hard, sobbing really loud. Mimi panicked for a second before coming in closer and wrapping YooA in a big hug. She gently patted her back and whispered comforting words. YooA's body shook uncontrollably but Mimi never let go. After a while she began to calm down. After only hearing small sniffles and little hiccups, Mimi pulled away to take another look at YooA's face. Taking a handkerchief out of her pocket, she gently rubbed YooA's face dry.

"Where did you get that handkerchief?" YooA smiled, nose still red.

"Archer told me all reasonable men bring a handkerchief," Mimi smiled back.

"I feel like Archer really has his life together," YooA said, finally laughing.

Mimi laughed along too. They laughed for a while but it eventually died down leaving them in silence. Mimi looked down at YooA's hand and slowly held it in her own. She gently it with her thumb, back and forth, slowly.

"What's that?" YooA asked.

"What, this?" Mimi asked, raising their hands a little. "It's what my parents used to call a little of luck. They'd let me sit on their laps while they drove and place my hands on the wheel, right under theirs. That way, they would feel if I got nervous and then they'd give me a little of luck," Mimi grinned.

"You did this too," YooA said, smiling softly. "The first time we ever met."

Mimi thought hard, trying to remember when they had first met.

"I don't know who my real parents were or how I got into the circus. But the thing was, I was practically born as a part of the circus and they trained me ever since I could remember anything. Our ringmaster was stern. He made discipline a very important thing. Everything needed to be perfect. Whenever I made a mistake during practice, I was punished."

YooA stopped talking for a while and breathed deeply. Mimi gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and YooA smiled and continued with her story.

"We had a glass tank. You see, I never learned how to swim. So whenever I made a mistake during practice or did anything undesirable or even if they just wanted some entertainment, they'd dunk me into the glass tank and fill it with water. Whenever I almost really drowned, they'd pull me up a little to get some air before dropping me back in."

Mimi felt anger spread throughout her body. She remembered their first training day. She remembered YooA getting dragged into the water and she remembered the way YooA struggled. The hot anger was replaced with a freezing chill going up her spine.

"During one of my punishments, a fire happened. It was pretty big so they needed all the help they could get. They all ran towards the fire and they left me in the glass tank filled with water. I kept drowning and drowning. This time there was no little air break. Soon, I was gulping down water instead of air. The world got a little hazier, a little darker. The next thing I knew, there was a hand on mine, my hand with their thumb."

Mimi's thumb stopped YooA's hand.

"Don't you remember?" YooA asked, a little sadly. "You saved me."

"I-I'm sorry..." Mimi mumbled. "I don't remember much before my parents died."

"Oh..." YooA said. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Mimi reassured her. "It was bound to happen due to their line of work. Can you guess what they did?"

YooA shook her head.

"They were getaway drivers," Mimi grinned proudly. "Both my mom and my dad could drive anything and they always brought me along for their little escapades."

"That sounds like some troubling parenting," YooA commented.

"Yeah, probably," Mimi laughed. "But they taught me everything I know. And thanks to their genes, I'm a natural at it. People would even say I was gifted."

"Do you miss them?" YooA asked.

"I do," Mimi admitted. "They were loud, playful, fast thinkers, super brave, and tons of fun... but the thing I miss the most about them is that they really loved me and they never failed to make me feel that."

Mimi closed her eyes slowly and moved in closer to YooA. She leaned in a little more so that her forehead touched YooA's.

"I'm sorry I didn't make you feel how much I love you."

YooA's heart started pounding hard again. Without thinking, she shifted in the bed gently so that she could move her face up gently to press her lips on Mimi's. YooA felt Mimi stiffen for a second before relaxing and adjusting herself to deepen the kiss. YooA felt relieved and a little more daring. She pushed in closer and went in deeper. It was quiet so they could clearly hear the sound of their bodies moving on the bed, little breaths they made, and the soft moans that were slowly being drawn out. By the time they finally pulled away, they were both breathing heavily, almost gasping for the cool air. Once they had replenished their air supply, they both sighed contentedly and stared up at the empty ceiling. They stayed like that for a while until Mimi decided to say something.

"Do you think the drugs are setting in?" she asked sheepishly.

YooA rolled her eyes and kissed Mimi once more, a little more aggresively,  and gave her a good nip on her bottom lip before flopping back down on the bed happily.

"Ow.." Mimi said drowsily, raising a finger tentatively to the spot that YooA had left her mark on.

"I don't know about you," YooA huffed. "But whatever I just did, I did because I wanted to for a very long time."

Mimi didn't know what to say but at that moment they heard the door unlock. They tensed up, waiting for someone to come in but nobody did.

"I guess we can leave anytime now," Mimi said, sitting up.

"Are you kidding me?" YooA asked, pulling Mimi down. "Are you really just a tease?"

"A tease!?" Mimi asked, surprised.

She didn't really have a clue about what that even meant. YooA laughed, sensing Mimi's innocent confusion.

"Don't leave me wanting more," YooA said, rolling on top of Mimi.

YooA smiled down playyfully at Mimi who was becoming increasingly aware of YooA's hand that was playing around with her shirt collar. YooA's eyes were filled with desire as she sighed slowly, pressing herself down onto Mimi's extremely warm body. Mimi jerked a bit as YooA nuzzled her neck affectionately. Mimi shivered as she felt YooA's breath tickling her skin.

"YooA, what exactly do you plan on doing?" Mimi asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

She wasn't sure if YooA had heard because the only thing she could hear was her heart pounding loudly. YooA laughed, twirling around strands of Mimi's hair. She stopped playing with Mimi's hair and looked into her eyes, conveying the message her emotions wanted to deliver.

"I'll show you, make you feel, my own lucky ," YooA purred, tracing her fingers along Mimi's jaw.

Mimi shuddered and closed her eyes. They wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

 

 

"Where have you two been?" JinE asked suspiciously. "It's been more than an hour since you were supposed to be back. We thought we had to go save your butts or something."

"You'd wait more than an hour to rescue us? If we really were in trouble, we'd be killed," YooA laughed nonchalantly.

"Well, we didn't want to jump to conclusions," Hyojung said calmly.

"It could have been bad traffic," Seunghee laughed, nudging Arin playfully.

Arin shrugged.

"Did you find out anything new?" Binnie asked, getting down to business.

"Well, we got to enter that door you talked about," Mimi said. "There was a dimly lit hallway with lots of doors. We were led into one of the rooms. It seemed like it was made for making love. Also, the door is locked for some time."

"That's about all we got from today," YooA nodded.

"I'm glad you two are okay," Arin smiled.

Mimi ruffled their youngest member's hair fondly and smiled.

"Thanks, Arin."

Arin looked happy but before Mimi could remove her hand, Arin sneezed, transforming into a 5 year old Arin.

"Woah! Are you okay!?" Seunghee asked, rushing towards Arin.

She picked up the 5 year old Arin and set her on the table while the others began to fret about her. They began to poke about her while Arin giggled adorably eliciting "awwws" and cooes from the older girls. JinE just looked on disinterestedly. The 5 year old Arin looked over at her and JinE unconsciously straightened up before looking away quickly. Arin ignored it and began giggling with the others again.

"Oh, we forgot!" YooA exclaimed, in the midst of the cuteness and fun. "The room smelled like the drinks from the club!"

"How could you forget something so notable?" Jiho frowned while seriously poking the 5 year old Arin's squishy cheeks.

Arin sneezed again and came back to her normal age again and they sighed with relief although they did miss the cute toddler form a bit.

"I think you guys should bathe," Arin suggested immediately, scrunching up her nose.

"Ah yeah, we will," Mimi said apologetically.

"If that's all you have to report, you can be excused," Hyojung smiled.

YooA and Mimi thanked her and walked out of the room.

"So, the cases are connected?" Seunghee asked.

"Seems like it," Jiho said.

Binnie stayed quiet, thinking about the new information thoroughly.

"Binnie," Jiho said in a low voice, "If you have something to say, I'd rather you say it to the team rather than have another intense midnight discussion with JinE."

Binnie looked up and met JinE's eyes across the table. JinE simply shrugged and turned her attention towards Hyojung again.

"I'll figure out what I need to say once we close this mission," Binnie sighed. "Also, I want to ask the boss about something when she comes back."

Jiho didn't say anything more but simply nodded. She was a little frustrated though. How long would they be left in the dark?

 

"I'm glad Arin suggested that we bathe. Although, we still would have after all that," YooA winked.

Mimi laughed weakly as she gathered her things for bathing. She was crouching next to their bed carefully placed her things in her basket, taking her time. YooA walked over to stand beside her, tapping her left foot a bit impatiently.

"You can go on ahead," Mimi said, looking up at the other girl.

"I don't think you'll join me if I don't push you in first," YooA pouted.

"Wait, what!?" Mimi said, losing her balance and landing on her . "You're still not done?"

Mimi was pretty amazed with how much energy YooA had despite being the chillest person of the group.

"We're not done," YooA pointed out. "Now, come on," she said, tugging Mimi's arm. "Let's clean up~"

"Only to get dirty again?" Mimi said to herself.

YooA laughed and punched her shoulder playfully.

"You make it sound like you don't want to~" YooA purred.

Mimi cracked a smile. 

"Sorry," Mimi chuckled. "I want to do it. I really do."

YooA smiled coyly.

"Of course you do. After all, it's me you're doing it with."

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Surprise! Another chapter just the day after! 

I'm happy that I have inspiration to write steadily and I'm always so happy to see your comments~

Thanks for loving this fic <3

 

Author, out ;)