I Spend My Money On?

You Owe Me

"You didn't think you'd get paid?" the boss asked curiously.

She stared at the beaming faces of the eight girls who were clasping their envelopes carefully. None of them could reply because their faces were frozen in a smile. Even the serious Jiho had cracked a smile for this occassion.

"I don't wanna be to nice to you," the boss said, rubbing the back of her neck, "But I'm also letting you guys go out in the city for the next few days. Go spend your money there because it's pretty useless in here. Buy some clothes or something," she said, eyeing their matching shirts and sweatpants.

"Are you sending them out like that?" Archer asked.

"Let's just send them out in their previous mission clothes," the boss decided.

"E-Eh?" Mimi said in surprise. "Another embarrassing adventure," she sighed.

"Also, go out together but once you arrive, drop off in pairs," the boss advised.

"What? Why?" Binnie asked.

"It'll be a bit eye catching if a group as big as you guys set out together in matching outfits," the boss laughed.

"Also," she said a bit more seriously, "Choose your partners wisely. They'll be your partners for the next mission."

"Choosing partners all of a sudden..." Mimi mumbled shyly, turning a bit red.

"We should go together," YooA smiled, grabbing Mimi's arm and pulling her closer.

Mimi opened maybe to object but she quickly shut it and looked away turning redder than before. YooA seemed pleased with herself and continued to smile, not releasing Mimi's arm.

"Well of course me and the kid are going together!" Seunghee said confidently, wrapping her arm around Arin's shoulders.

Arin rolled her eyes slightly but didn't object. Her lips even curved up at the corners a bit.

"What about you four?" the boss asked, raising her eyebrows.

Hyojung, JinE, Binnie and Jiho stood there, faces blank, unsure of how to handle the situation.

"I'll go with Hyojung," JinE said finally.

She stood closer to Hyojung and flashed her a bright smile. Hyojung was surprised but smiled back happily. The remaining pair looked extremely uncomfortable at the turn at events but with a cough Jiho decided to move closer to Binnie.

"You two sleep together sometimes so why do you look so awkward?" JinE laughed.

Both Binnie and Jiho shot her a ferocious glare. JinE feigned surprise and held up her hands as a gesture of surrender.

"Alright, go on and get ready. You leave in thirty minutes."

 

"I wanted to sit in front," Seunghee whined.

YooA flashed a smile at her in the front mirror.

"Partner's priveleges~" she sang happily.

Seunghee rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Turn on the radio at least," Seunghee grinned.

YooA complied and raised the volume.

"OH MY GOD," Mimi exclaimed.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SONG IS PLAYING!" Seunghee shouted, just as excited as Mimi.

"Was this song even popular?" Mimi asked.

"I don't know, man. The lyrics don't make sense but 'ey, what's new~" Seunghee shrugged happily.

In unison they sang loudly:

"I SPEND MY MONEY ON THE REGULAR MIRACLES
JUST LIKE YOU, LIKE ME,
LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE~~!!!"

The others didn't know the lyrics but it did give them a very good feeling. It was as if they were being hyped up for the day ahead. Several more songs played and gradually, the pairs were dropped off one by one until YooA and Mimi remained. The car had quieted down and the two of them sat in silence as Mimi turned the radio off.

"What do you want to buy?" Mimi asked softly.

"I'll be happy with whatever you get for me," YooA winked.

"E-Eh?" Mimi stammered. "You've got your own money, y'know," Mimi pouted, blushing again.

"I was kidding," YooA giggled. "But it's a nice feeling."

"Mm? What is?" Mimi asked.

"I feel like..." YooA said. "Like we're on a date~!"

 

 

"Why are we doing this?" Archer grumbled, keeping his eyes on the car in front of them.

"These kids still have a long way to go," the boss said, ignoring him. "They didn't even notice they were being tailed."

"They were excited, of course. Let them have their fun."

"You always have to be vigilant," the boss said, leaning back. "Always."

They watched and took note as the three pairs got off at different stops, looking shy but happy. The boss smiled.

"Ah, youth. What a wonderful thing," she sighed.

"You are not too old yourself," Archer pointed out.

"Why does youth fade, Archer? Is it because of age or knowledge?"

Archer drove on silently.

"You never entertain me with my questions," the boss laughed.

"Your questions aren't very entertaining to begin with," Archer replied.

"You tell me I'm young because of how I look, because of my age. If I am young why do I think and feel like an eighty year old retired man?"

"And which eighty year old retired man would that be?" Archer asked.

"The most tired one," the boss grinned. 

"If that's how you put it, then you don't feel like the most tired eighty year old retired man but the most tired thirty year old woman who is very much hired."

"I think we've lost our point."

"If we walk down a road, it will lead to more crossroads. Who's to say we've gotten off track when we still walk the same road?"

"This conversation is boring and useless now," the boss laughed. "Mimi and YooA have already gotten down. We should too."

"You're a thirty year old stalker," Archer said, cracking a smile.

"Well, I won't deny that," the boss smiled.

With that, the two parked and got down, putting on their sunglasses.

"This might be a long day."

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lmao sorry this took so long.

I wasn't inspired to write this chapter so this is all I've got. The last part was super unnecessary and unintelligent but whatever, i guess :))

The next few chapters will be by pair so you can expect that lol

(Also the song in the car is called Harlem by New Politics)

 

Author, out ;)