Game Over Already?

I Do But I Don't

That Monday, Macy was taking care of James Van Camp—Stefan’s grandfather. She really enjoys taking care of him because he’d never run out of stories to share and Macy finds it endearing. “You know Macy? I really like you a lot. You’re very different from all the other nurses who took care of me.”

Macy looked down to her feet and shuffled them. “Thank you for saying that sir.”

The old man smiled at her. “Just call me grandpa.” He said. Macy looked at him with a confused look on her face.

“I don’t think your grandchildren, especially Stefan would appreciate if I called you grandapa, sir.” Macy said as she wheeled his chair towards the breezy walkway which smelled like roses.

The old man sighed. “Stefan…he’s distant from me now.”

Macy nodded. “Yeah, I noticed that he never entered your room the whole time that I was here.” Macy felt bad that this wonderful person’s grandson doesn’t even bother to check up on him. Maybe that’s how the Van Camp’s really were…heck, even Dr. Adrien Van Camp doesn’t even check up on his father so why on Earth would she expect his children to do so as well. Macy thought that it was selfish and uncaring.

“Sir, would you like for me to talk to your Stefan?” Macy asked feeling confident that she can convince them.

He looked at her and nodded. “I just want to talk to my little boy…he was always so fragile and weak. He may seem very cold at times but he gets hurt easily. I remembered when his mother left this house because she felt so sick of my son; it took a huge toll on Stefan.”

Macy just listened and nodded but deep inside she felt her insides churning. So Stefan had a hard life too. She’d never noticed it because that man carried himself arrogantly.  She began to feel bad for him because it seems like his hard life will never be able to be concealed by the money that his father have.

When the man was finally asleep, she led him inside his room and helped him on his bed. She couldn’t seem to stop a tear sneaking its way out. She wiped them off. This old man only wants to talk to his grandson again. It’s up to her to make it happen.


There was a soft knock on Stefan’s door. He was reading a book when the door creaked open. He immediately got annoyed. “What’s the point of knocking when you come in without my permission anyway?” He said when he looked up and saw Macy.

Macy took deep breath. This dude is seriously asking for a swift roundhouse kick every time he opens his mouth. But now is not the time for that. “I come in peace.” Macy said, raising both hands as a sign of peace.  “I just wanted to talk to you about something serious.”

Stefan stood up and looked at Macy. “What do you mean?”

Macy looked at him a bit her lip. This came as a shock to Stefan who always thought that Macy would never look embarrassed. Then, a smile came to his face. He now knows why Macy is acting like this….why she acted the way she did at the hospital. “Let me guess, you’re here to profess your undying love for me right?”

Macy suddenly bursts out of laughter. Stefan raised an eyebrow. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” She paused, pointing at herself. “Profess an undying love for you? Heck no!” When she was done laughing, she went right to her point. “I’m here to talk to you about your grandfather.”

Stefan’s brows stitched together. “Why would you want to?” he asked.

Macy looked at him in the eyes—Gosh…I didn’t notice his eyes look so pretty.—Macy shook her head to remove those thoughts. “He—um he told me that he misses you.” She said.

Stefan was stunned. Macy continued to speak. “He told me that though you’re quiet you quite an affectionate little boy. Look, I know I don’t have any right to say this to you since I’m not part of your family but please, just check up on your grandpa, just once in a while because he really loves you dearly.” Her voice was getting emotional as tears started to flow. “Please just….”

Macy was cut off when Stefan lunged forward and pressed his lips against hers. At first she tried to wriggle out of his grasp but he was far stronger than her. Soon, she started feeling butterflies flying in her stomach and she found herself kissing him back as well. When they parted, they were both breathless. Stefan looked at her and smiled.

“Sorry…” He looked at her as he started blushing. Macy blushed as well and just nodded in response. “Um—about my grandpa…”

“You’ll go and check up on him now, right?” Macy asked him. Stefan nodded and told her to lead the way to his grandpa’s room.

Stefan couldn’t remember the reason why suddenly kissed her but it felt good. He smiled to himself once more.

“Let’s go in, he’s waiting for you…” Macy motioned for him to come in. With a broad grin, he entered the room that he’d been dodging the last six years.

 

Dr. Adrien Van Camp looked satisfied at what he was seeing. He closed the gap on the door and felt satisfaction running through his veins. “Things are going according to plan; soon, I’ll get that newly formed smile right of that face of yours Stefan…” A small, lilting chuckle left his lips as he drank he whiskey.

 

End of the 5th Chapter

Do Leave Comments and Happy Reading!