Let The Games Begin

I Do But I Don't

Let the Games Begin

WARNING: There’s a bit of cursing here so please bear with it.

Two Weeks Later

“I still don’t know why dad did this to me, Sara, I mean, if hiring some psychotic girl to take care of grandpa wasn’t enough, that woman will live in the same roof as we do.” Stefan said as he chomped down on his food.

“I think you’re reading into things way too quickly.” Sara replied as she daintily sipped her sparkling water. “I saw her just awhile ago with grandpa and she seemed genuinely happy to be his personal nurse. I think she’ll be the best one by far.”

Stefan looked at his sister in awe. “Are you even my sister?” He asked her. Sara smiled at him. “I’m sure you’ve heard of what she did to me at the hospital a few weeks ago right?

Sara nodded. “Oh, I definitely heard about it. That girl had major balls. I salute her for knocking off Stefan Van Camp.” She said coolly.

“Some sister you are.” He said as he stood up angrily and stormed off leaving Sara chuckling.

As Stefan was about to round the corner to take the stairs that heads to his room, he bumped into someone and felt cold water splashing all over his new Armani Polo. He stifled the curse that was threatening its way out of his mouth.

“Oopss, Sorry.”

Stefan looked at the person he collided with and felt his blood boil to a maximum temperature. “Macy, don’t you look at where you’re going?” He asked angrily. “Are you really such a dumb that you can’t even tell if someone was walking by?”

Macy looked at him and placed the glass of water down on the nearest table. “Did you just called me a dumb?” She asked him. She went towards him and began to back him up in a corner. “Are you really that much of a stupid, idiotic who can’t even live up to his name as a Van Camp?”

“You’re way out of line you dumb wench. I bet you’re just here to seduce my father in order to get rich, I know what kind of person you are…a social climber.” He said as he changed their position. Now, he’s got Macy where he wanted her. He wanted her to fear him—he wanted her to lose her job because of him. Suddenly he felt a huge painful sensation in his groin area and he fell down to his knees. Macy just charged a knee on his balls and it hurt like heck.

“You say I crossed a line, huh?” Macy felt hot tears running down her cheeks. “What do you think did you just say to me now? You called me a social climber? Who gave you the right to call me that when you don’t even know me?” She began to get even more emotional. “I may not be rich like you but I’m not that kind of girl, you sick bastard.” She turned away and climbed the stairs that leads to her assigned room.

Stefan looked on as she ascended the stairs.

“Wow, I can’t believe you would treat a woman like that.”

Stefan looked behind him and saw Sara with a disappointed expression on her face. “I just…”

“Don’t explain, I saw everything and I can’t believe that my brother would something like that.” Sara said as she walked out the door for her appointment. Stefan sighed as he struggled to stand. He gingerly walked up the stairs and gently opened the door to his room.

 


 

Macy crashed on the bed as tears came. She’d never been so insulted in her whole life and it feels like a rusty knife being pricked on her skin. The words that Stefan called her stung. “Bastard.” She muttered quietly as she took out her phone and called Lana. When she didn’t pick up she tried Greg with the same result. She placed her phone on the bed side table and took out her sketch pad.

When she sketches, she would always feel relieved from all stress, she would feel happy and contented. A few minutes passed by and she looked at her sketch. She felt her heart race. Her drawing looks a lot like a certain someone. A certain someone who she’s starting to resent even more. Stefan Van Camp.

Macy crumpled the sketch and threw it in the trash. “I must be crazy….why the heck will I subconsciously draw that irritating man? Seriously Macy get a grip.” She said, psyching herself up. She ruffled her hair. “How am I supposed to do this other job I have? This is really impossible.”

 


 

It was Sunday morning and thankfully for Stefan, that girl is on her day off. He was happily jogging when one of their maids called his attention. “What is it?” he asked her.

“Sir, I saw this drawing and I thought it’s yours.” The maid said as she handed him a piece of crumpled sketch pad paper. “I’ll get going then sir.” The maid bowed and headed inside.

Stefan flattened the paper and saw that the drawing really looked like him. “Sara must’ve drawn me.” He chuckled to himself as he went inside to thank his little sister who hadn’t been talking to him since Wednesday after what she saw. He entered her room and tapped his sister’s shoulder. “Hey…” He said.

She looked at him coldly. “What?”

Stefan smiled bigger.” I just wanted to say thank you for drawing me.” He showed her the crumpled piece of paper

She looked at him weirdly. “I would never draw you. And besides I don’t draw like that. Now please get out. I have a lot of things to do.” She nearly pushed him out of her room and slammed the door shut.

Stefan was bit surprised. If Sara wasn’t the one who drew a portrait of him, then who did?

End of the 4th Chapter

 

Happy Reading and Do Leave Comments! Thank You!