Fired Up

I Do But I Don't

 

“I am so sorry Mr. Van Camp.” Macy said. She grabbed him by the arm to apologize but he ended up shoving her away from him. Macy’s eyes widened as she saw a scary scowl on the face of her superior. She stepped further away and bowed. “I’m so sorry, I was just…” She wasn’t able to finish what she was about to say when Stefan spoke up.

“What kind of training did you have?” He asked loudly so that he could make himself clear. “Miss, I think you need to go back to college and receive proper training this time. You’re lack of social judgment needs a lot of work?” He paused, giving Macy a side long glance. “Did  your parents ever teach you anything or are you just plain stupid?”

Macy felt tears streaming down her eyes as she was insulted by her boss. She felt so inferior that she couldn’t even move. She looked up at him with tear stained eyes. “I was just trying to defend myself earlier…I’m so sorry sir.”

“Your apologies wouldn’t cut it.” He deadpanned. Brushing himself up he looked at her squarely before backing her up into a corner. When Macy felt her back hit the wall, she felt a tingling sensation in her spine. Then he whispered something to her ear.

“I will make sure that you’ll get what you deserve…”

Macy shivered at what she’d just heard. Then, Stefan moved away. “Are you her supervisor?” She heard him ask Head Nurse Lou.

“Yes, sir, I am.” Came a very nervous reply.

“Make sure that she won’t ever set foot in this hospital, or any other hospital in Korea ever again.” He said coldly. Macy felt her whole body go numb.

“Yes sir, I will make sure of it.” Head nurse Lou bowed. Stefan began to walk away when Macy intercepted him. She’s always been a woman with her head held high but at times like this, she would do anything in a heartbeat.

“What the heck are you doing?” He asked her furiously. Macy suddenly got down on her knees. She felt ashamed of begging this kind of person but she really needed this training so she can be an official nurse.

“Please forgive me, Sir. I swear it was just a misunderstanding. I beg you; I really need this job, sir.” A tear rolled out of Macy’s eye as she spoke. Stefan looked at this young woman and felt his personality falter a bit before going back to his icy, cold blooded persona.

“I really don’t care about you needing this job.” He said. “Please, you’re making my head hurt, just leave.” Then he walked away.

 


 

 

 “Macy, I heard about what happened earlier…” Greg said as he put an arm around his best friend’s shoulder. “Don’t worry; it’ll all blow over soon.” He reassured. Macy smile at him and nodded.

“I’ll find another hospital…I know I can.” She said. “I will be successful.”

“Atta girl!” Greg said as he ruffled Macy’s hair. Macy chuckled and shoved Greg away from her. Suddenly, Macy felt a slight push from the back. She turned around and saw Lana with a big smile plastered on her face. Then, she got a big bear hug from her dear friend.

“I heard you punched that Van Camp dude and kicked him on the nuts!” She jeered as she gave Macy a headlock.

“Ow!” She said, pushing Lana away from her and tried to regain her bearings. “I only slapped and punched him, I never kicked his nuts.” She said as she fixed her hair up.

“Oh, and I heard you kissed him…” Lana teased as she made kissy faces. Greg’s ears perked up and turned to Macy with a surprised expression.

“You kissed Stefan Van Camp?” He asked Macy.

Macy looked down and shuffled her feet. “I didn’t mean to…I mean we collided…” She struggled to find the words to describe what happened earlier. “He was the one who held me…”

Greg and Lana laugh so loud that passersby looked at them weirdly. “Ah, such a delusional psycho…” Lana said as she smacked Macy’s forehead. Macy looked at Lana and glared. Greg just chuckled.

“Are you two even my friends?” Macy asked shoving Lana and Greg. “I never tried to kiss him.” She said evenly. “Besides, he was the one who came onto me, thank you very much.”

Lana and Greg tried not to chuckle at what Macy said. “Sure, he did.” Lana teased once more.

“Whatever.” Macy said as she flipped her short hair. “All I’m glad about is I will never see that jerk for as long as I live.”

 


 

Dr. Peter Lancaster has just finished his surgery and is now walking back to the locker room for a quick change. He saw Head Nurse Lou and greeted her with a smile. “So, I heard there was a fiasco earlier.” He said conspiratorially.

Head Nurse Lou nodded. “Don’t even get me started Dr. Lancaster, this new trainee became violent towards Mr. Van Camp.”

Peter laughed a little. He’d known and hated Stefan ever since elementary school; they were always neck and neck at everything. Always being compared and it made him tired. “I guess someone has some nerve, huh?”

“Yeah, that new nurse trainee was something…but you know, Mr. Van Camp pulled some serious strings to get that nurse fired. I just feel bad for the young lady because she seemed so eager to work unlike Nurse Lana Lee and Nurse Gregory Han.”

It didn’t come as surprise to Peter that Stefan did that. That man is capable of anything. “Well, if you ever see that nurse, thank her for me.” He said as he walked away. Head Nurse Lou laughed as she resumed what she was doing.

Peter was about to enter the locker room when he spotted Stefan. So he decided to greet the new manager. “Long time no see, Stefan Van Camp.”

Stefan’s expression hardened but decidedly tried to act nice since it’s only been a few days since he started. “Hello, Dr. Lancaster.” He replied rather disinterestedly.

“How’ve you been?” Peter asked Stefan.

Stefan looked at him squarely and forced out a fake smiled. “I don’t think were close enough for you to ask me that question Dr. Lancaster.” He replied. Peter nodded.

“Chill, Stefan.” Peter said as he turned the knob of the door heading to the lockers. “Just make a conversation.” He paused looking at Stefan’s swollen cheek. “You really should get checked up, that nurse must’ve packed a punch.” With that Peter entered the room and closed the door.

Stefan felt his blood starting to boil. That incident with that nurse and now, Peter Lancaster gloating in front of him, Stefan has had enough of this situation already. He stormed out of the hospital and drove away.

 


 

Stefan began to drink his fifth beer for the night. He’d been in his room for about three hours already and he’d been slowly drinking everything away. He is so pissed today, not only because of what happened earlier but because he is starting to get annoyed with most workers in the hospital. He felt so incubated and he hated it.

He remembered that female nurse again. That collision. That kiss. The slap he got. And being punched. He even remembered when she got down on her knees and beg for he job. He smiled a little—he’s probably drunk already.

That feisty little attitude of the nurse piqued his interest. So he decided to do a little digging. He took out his phone and searched for the girl’s SNS account and when he did, it was filled with pictures of her with her friends, with her mom—presumably, and a picture of her when she graduated from the university.

She seemed like a friendly person and Stefan hated it. He hated being friendly. “Why am I doing this?” he asked himself before turning of his phone. “Who is she to me anyway?”

 


 

 

“Sir it appears that the Young Master had some issues earlier at the hospital.” Butler Harold told Dr. Adrien Van Camp.

Adrien looked up at Butler Harold and gave him a quizzical look. “What was that issue?” he asked as he sipped his chamomile tea.

“I think he insulted a nurse earlier and that female nurse punched him.” Harold said as he handed Adrien an envelope.

Adrien opened it and saw pictures of his son getting punched by a nurse. He put if down the coffee table and started laughing. “I guess my son finally met his match.” He looked at Harold with a twinkle in his eye.

Harold nodded.

“Find out more about this young lady and report what you’ve gathered.” He said.

“Pardon me Sir?” Harold asked, a bit confused.

Adrien looked at Harold and flashed him a smile. “I think this girl can change my son…”

 


 

It was a Saturday and Macy was cooking breakfast for her, Lana, and Greg. Last night, Greg got kicked out—again—because he wasn’t able to pay his rent. But as Lana said, the more, the merrier.

“Good morning!” Greg greeted with a sleepy smile. Macy turned around to greet him. She tried hard not to laugh. “What are you wearing?” Macy asked, reffering to the Mickey Mouse jogging pants and Donald Duck Sweater that Greg is wearing. Lana went out of the bath room and saw Greg.

“Nice outfit Greggy.” She teased.

“Shut up.” Greg said as he sat down gloomily.

There was a sudden knock of the door and Macy went to open it. There was a man wearing an all black suit, he seemed like fifty years old as far as Macy’s vantage point is concerned. “Who are you?” She asked.

The man bowed, much to Macy’s surprise. “Ms. Macy Bernardson?” the man asked. Macy nodded.

“How do you know my name?” She asked curiously.

“Is it okay if I come in?” He asked. Macy looked back at her friends who wore the same expression on their faces.

“Um, sure.” Macy stepped aside so that the man can come in. After a while, she served him a cup of coffee before sitting down in front of him. Her friends Lana and Greg just gawked at the man.

Lana peered next to Macy and leaned on her ear. “Is your lover?” She whispered. Macy looked at Lana and glared.

“Shut up.” She said quietly. Suddenly their guest cleared his throat.

“I’m Harold Dennison, the Head Butler at the Van Camp Mansion. I’m here to talk to Ms. Bernardson about a job opportunity.”

Macy looked at the man squarely. “Did you just say the Van Camp Mansion?” She asked him. The man nodded and spoke once more.

“Dr. Adrien Van Camp wants you to personally be the nurse of his ailing father.” He said in a business oriented tone.

“Personal Nurse? Of the Van Camp Executive Chairman?” Greg interrupted. The man nodded and looked at Macy.

“We will pay double of what you’ve been earning with your part time jobs.” He stated. Lana looked at Greg and Macy and mouthed the word double.

“How did you know I had part time jobs?” Macy asked.

“Dr. Adrien Van Camp has his ways.” Harold what’s his face stated. Macy looked dumbfounded.

“Why would he want me to be the personal nurse of his father, I haven’t even taken my licensure examination.” Macy informed. The man nodded and smiled.

“We are reassured that you’re perfect for the job, Ms. Bernardson.” He said. “Are you willing to do it?” He asked.

Macy looked at the man. This is probably Stefan Van Camp’s idea of messing with her and it ticked her off. She stood up and forced out a smile. “I’m sorry Mister, but can you please get out, I don’t have time for Stefan Van Camp’s games.” She went to the door and opened it for him.

Reluctantly the man stood up to leave. He paused for a short while and smiled at the young lady. “Young Master Stefan doesn’t know anything about this.” He said, bowing to Macy before he left the apartment.

Yeah Right! Macy thought to herself sarcastically.

 

End of the 2nd Chapter

Do Leave comments! Thanks for the views and I hope you enjoy this Chapter! :)