Chapter 2

Unexpected Desire

 

“Merry Christmas Jong Hoon!” So Jin took her cake she made from the oven before placing it on the table, precisely in front of Jong Hoon. His little brother means the world to her. Given the 7 years , she has the ability to raise him pretty well in this tough world she lives.

Just graduated from Seoul University as a scholarship student with a business master degree, So Jin could not be happier that her life will change. She will never have to work as a maid in that vicious wealthy family who paid her small amount of money, a cashier lady in the coffee shop nearby her school, a librarian near her house and have 3 multiple part-time jobs along with maintaining her school grades. To top it all, she can finally give Jong Hoon a better life and education. She hoped her brother will not go through what she did. Jong Hoon did not deserve to go through this – more like, no one should ever receive this kind of life. Harsh and tough.

“Go eat fast, I have to go to work soon.” She chirped at him while ruffling his hair but quickly took my hand away, remember that my brother is not a little boy anymore.

He’s freaking 17 Soojin - geez!

“Why do you even work there again? You should have just stop working since this is your last week. Anyway, I am very sure that those companies will accept you.”

“But I still have to pay this month’s rent, remember?” Sojin said, suddenly feeling a burden that she still has to expend money that she's been collecting a few months

“That is why I kept telling you I should have help and get part time job, if you would just let me.” He said this more sternly. He kept insisting he should get a job although So Jin is capable of making a living – albeit almost failing few times.  

“Anyway, I earned $400 from tutoring my friends.” He added while munching his cake

“Jong Hoon…” She made a desperate and a thankful tone. She was not sure what it came out, the first or the latter. “Thank you, really.” This time, a thankful one.

“It’s not much anyway,” He took his finished place and placed it on the sink.

“You should just study and get good grades so you can get a scholarship, that would be a better idea.” Sojin took a glass on the cabinet and poured Jonghoon some water.

“I’m topped in my class and even the whole grade for 3 consecutive years, noona!”

“Arrogant much?” She joked a little earning a pout from her brother. Checking the clock on her wall, she was reminded to leave soon.

“Anyway I have to leave. Don’t forget to wash the plate!” 

Before taking her leave, Sojin grabbed her scarf and wore it on her neck before leaving outside. Although it was below 5 degrees outside, Sojin did not bother it. This was something very usual for her taste. Back then when she could not afford a bus ticket, she would have to walk on the cold to her work multiple times.

She walked to the nearest bus stop, but seeing that the bus was already there and people started to hop inside the bus, Sojin slightly jogged towards the bus, entering before the bus started to leave. 

“Almost late,” The usual bus driver with a cheeky grin smiled at her.

“But not yet! Merry Christmas Sir!” She gave him a genuine smile before passing the bus driver, going straight towards the empty seat.  

She rested her head on the window edge and closed her eyes, she was thankful she had 20 minutes to sleep before her part-time job. She wished after being accepted in one of the top companies with her amusing GPA, she would be able to have a better life with her little brother and possibly living - she expected – a more fair life.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 “One martini please cutie,” A late 50 grown up man flashed a seductive smile to Sojin. Examining him from head to toe, she knew better this type of guy who lied to his wife for cheating on her and has tons of money on his account. Branded arloji, cigarette on his hand, leather shoe and well-suited clothes. All these things were a masked that flashed the public – more like girls and women- how wealthy he is. 

Typical

“Coming up,” So jin did not even spare a little glance and started to make his drinks. After working for 3 months in this club, she grew accustomed to how the people behave. She knew how to treat and ignore men who came to her, believing that she can used her for one night.

But never – even for a second- Sojin would sell her body. Despite it was tough to make a living and although she has nothing in this world, she would never give all what she has – pride and dignity. Two things that were given to her for free and she would not trade it with any other gems in this world. .

“Tips on the bed? Extra only for you baby,” The man flashed a wink when she placed his martini on the table.

“Not on it with a grandpa.” She gave him a firm smile, leaving him embarrassed and red crimson on his cheek, and walked away.

Stupid patriarchal society.

“So Jin, go and take your break! I’ll cover you!” Her friend, Ahreum, shouted directly on my ear. Geez I am not deaf.

“Thanks!” Sojin shouted back, she was not sure – She may have whispered but due to the loud banging music on the room, she cannot even figured how loud her voice was.

As always, she went to the restroom to get better air. Although the restroom was small, it was probably the only place aside from the parking lot to get air. The way to the restroom was badly lit, the smokes and people grinding each other was something she despised. It was even way harder to pass this sea of people without the accident touch. She scoffed at the thought that these people had to pay hundreds and even to some people, thousands of dollars to get into this lit expensive club.

As she swam through the sea of people and was nearing the end of the dance floor, she felt grasp on her waist.

Same old days

“Hey sweetie, are you all alone tonight?” Sojin stumbled when she felt her waist being pulled closely to this man. Their bodies’ proximity was too close that she can smell his alcohol from his uneven breath.

Disgusting.  

The bathroom was a few meters away from where they stand and she was so close to the bathroom, did she really have to collide with another person? She scanned the person’s eyes that look unfocused and swayed to different direction, first to her then to the club’s surrounding. 

Clearly drunk

Get your filthy hands off me.” Sojin said sternly, determined on her voice.  

“Wooooh,” He cooed while still slightly stumbling due to his half unconsciousness, “I like feisty girls” He added.

Seeing the man holding So Jin did not budge on what she said, she was about to slam her fist on her man’s nose.

He clearly messes with the wrong person.

But considering that Soo Jin almost got fired for causing a commotion in the club the last time she did it since the person went to the hospital. This time, she restrained herself from doing so.

“Just so you know, I play rough,” So jin whispered to his ear.

“Just so you know, I play rough too baby,” He gave her a wink.

Did he really think she was being serious about it?

Feeling his grip tightened on her waist, So Jin flung her knee towards his thigh, making him fell back on his bottom.

“I meant that rough!” So Jin shouted at him. This time, she took the chance to escape from this man’s grasp and went straight to the bathroom muttering ‘idiot’ all the way.

All what she needed is just water and air – for now.

Opening the faucet, Soojin bent her back towards the sink level and damp the cold water for her face. she instantly felt better – much better - once the cold water touched her face.She straightened her body and was about to close the faucet when her eyes met another men from the mirror. Their eyes met for a few seconds on the mirror and she was not too sure if that stare was for her or anybody else, but considering no one was there besides her, she was positive he was staring at her.

From the mirror ahead of her, Sojin observed him, his hand folded on his chest and his body leaned towards the wall. He looked way too sober for a drunk people. He is clearly not drunk – then why is he still staring…

Shaking the thought, she closed the faucet and took the tissue to wipe her still wet face, clearly ignoring his stare – albeit he can feel his stares every time she moves.

“Who do you think you’re looking at?” So jin turned around after feeling annoyed.

There was a few seconds silence before he answered, “You”.

Huh?

Never in her 3 months work she has ever face this kind of situation – heck, she has never been looked this intense before.

 

Getting tips on her back pocket?

She definitely knows how to handle them.

People touching her?

A lot. 

Being ask for a one-night-stand?

Just did. 

She went passed him, deciding it was best to ignore him and his lingering stares. She did not want any more problems for tonight until his hand pulled her wrist, pinning Sojin on the wall, causing a loud thump when her back was hit harshly against the wall. 

Before she had the chance to say or defend herself,

 

His lip was already on hers.

 

His hands pinned her hands on the wall, leaving her no escape. She gasped in shock which gives him the chance to explore every inch of . Everything went too fast for SoJin’s consciousness until and finally, realization hits her.

What the heck?

Although her both hands were pinned against the wall giving her no access to escape. But leaving in the tough world, So jin was strong –for a woman. She pushed the man away, leaving her breathless. For the seecond time today, her eyes met his, and there was a glimpse of mischevious stares radiating from him. Was this some kind of joke to him?

What a sick jerk!

She did not even think twice, her hand rose involuntary and went across his face – his right check precisely. Her subconscious motor response went insane. She stood there – face to face- looking at the pink bruise that started to rose on his cheek.

She was bewildered at what she did - not going to lie. She has punched and kicked people, but slapping felt so

 

… intimate

 

especially to a person she barely knew – heck, she just met him few seconds ago!

 

“Did you just slap me?” He asked, clearly shock after few seconds of silent.

She pushed him one more time, giving an extra space that she desperately needed.

“What do you think?” She harshly shouted and stormed off. Her feet moved fast, hoping that the sea of people who has died down give her the space she wanted, and pray to God no other men would do this again. 

 

3 ing men in a day? Unbelievable 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

I actually wrote the chapters in Microsoft Word first, which is why I updated chapter 2 pretty fast! HEHE

I HATED IT THO, I thought I've written quite much (especially for chapter 1), but when I copy pasted it on AFF, it appeared shorter than what it looks like in Microsoft Word. Same goes to chapter 2 as well....

 

Love, 

Hello_friend