Chapter 5

Unexpected Desire

 

“It’s nice to see you again, dear,”

No no, it can’t be

 

 “Sit,” He finally looked up and at that second, Sojin’s stomach jolted in different direction. She instantly felt sick. It was as if every nerve in her body demands to wake, because So Jin can feel her body shuddering in response, leaving her speechless.

There were mixes of emotions running on Sojins body – anger, hatred, terrified, panic – she was not sure either what kind of emotions, but one thing for sure, she detested it so badly. Sojin can already feel the radiating heat around herself, she instantly felt hot in the cold, air-conditioned room. Out of all the people in Seoul, 10 million people, why would he be the president of Kim Corp?

“I am not your dear,” So jin finally spoke after gathering herself up.

This woman completely amused me. Unconsciously, Jongin’s lips came into a slight upward twitch. He looked at how her hands are brought together tightly and her wobbling legs. She looked nervous and it made him feel better.

Because at the very least, he has that effect on her.

“Are you just going to stand up for the whole 20 minutes interview?” He took over the silence filling the room. “Because your legs beg to differ,” Jongin saw her sudden widened eyes darted down to her wobbling legs; he was so close to laugh from the sight that he had to bite his lips down.

She refused sitting and being in the same room with him. But not knowing if her legs could hold her body any longer, because instantly, her body felt weak. She took his suggestion and sat across from him. As soon as the sofa’s fabric touched her skin, Sojin instantly felt a little better due to the cold against her skin. The room was too hot for her own liking and the fabric helps retrieve the cold she desperately needed.

“What qualities can you bring to this company in order to improve Kim Corp’s market standing and market power?

Sojin didn’t feel the need to answer this interview question; in fact, she wanted to get out from this room. The hatred from her eyes was completely taken over by her panic sense when she realized she wouldn’t get this job.  She should have known better that she wouldn’t get accepted the second she met his eyes – his mischievous mocking eyes.

Get a hold of yourself Soo jin! You applied to many companies other than this; it’s not like the end of the world!

“Stop bullting. We both know from the very start you are here to reject me.”

Hearing her blunt response, his lips twitched upward.

He was probably here to take revenge on her – which he certainly did successfully. Her confidence came crumbling down and she detested the feeling of it- the feeling of crushed hope. How stupid she was to think that she might have the chance of a better life.

 

Life was so

Unfair.

 

To her, life was unfair not because she will never get this job – she accepted it already. But life was unfair because a person like him, with no conscience and morality, can have everything. While she was stuck in her doomed despite what she went through.

“Who says?”

Sojin’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She refused to believe what she said. “So you’re saying you are giving a job to a girl who slapped you?” 

“And the girl I kisse-”

“Shut up!” Sojin interrupted what he said, she had try so hard to erase those memories – did he really have to bring that up again.

Sojin’s cheeks fell into a crimson color and Jongin cannot help to smile at the sight. Watching her eye blinked in a faster pace and muttering something unrecognizable words - Jongin hid his smile by bringing his fingers on his lips. She was way too cute for his own liking. 

Jongin did not doubt her beauty when he met her in the club, with the dim light and equivocal sight, he can already tell she was attractive. Now that she was sitting across from him, bright lights and clear sight, he was damn right.  

“Let’s pretend it never happened.” 

There was a few seconds of silent, and Sojin can feel the tension and awkwardness in the room before Jongin spoke again.

 

“Eun So jin,” Jongin sounded alluring and Sojin hated the fluttered feeling on her stomach, “I genuinely want you to work with me.”

“No thanks. I refused to work under you.” Sojin said with a determination. As much as she wanted to work in Kim Corp, she needed to held her dignity. Who knows what he will do if she decided to work here.  

“If you’ll excuse me, I have to take my leave.”

“Did Lotte, Samsung and Hoon Corp notify you?” Sojin was about to leave when she stopped death on her track. His voice was husky and deep, as if he was being serious, yet his face told Sojin’s otherwise.

I let out an unbelievable scoffed. How did he know this? Was h-he –

“Are you threatening me now?” Sojin tried so hard to sound calm, but it came out more harsh and faster. Judging from this man's face, she can tell that he knew she was feeling threatened and panicked.

“I don’t know, am I?” Jongin smirked.

Sojin was a timid bomb – but she was beginning to explode. 

 

________________________________________________________

A short chapter for you! The conversation between these 2 characters is just so awkward. SORRY GUYS but I tried :(

Oh! I also haven't edit the grammar and all, and I am very sure that I made too many mistakes. I'll probably come back again to edit later on.

 

Love, 

Hello_friend