Chapter 8

Unexpected Desire

Sojin was ready for the answers that she thought she would get. She was ready to face this game he was playing.

Anything but that answer,

“I want to know why you’ve been constantly in my mind,”

Stopped death in her placed, she saw Jongin looking at her with his unemotional expression. How could a person be this calm after saying that?

She did not get it, because her heart was thumping heavily.

“Don’t joke with me,” Sojin firmly said while stepping back – scared that if she stands too close, he can hear her thumping heart. “I’ve had enough,”

“Delicious, a little bit too sweet though,” Jongin suddenly commented on his mango macchiato.

With that opinion from Jongin, Sojin knew he was joking about what he said earlier. Of course, what were Sojin expecting? As expected, he cannot be serious.

“Why are you here?” Sojin asked for the third time. He sure is stubborn.

“What answer were you expecting to hear?”

“For you to get lost,” Sojin rolled her eyes at him. Obviously now that she was not in Kim Corp building, she can do whatever she wants. He was just a regular customer – for now.

“Well, then I cannot fulfill that.” Sojin’s eyebrow went furrowed hearing his response. What was that supposed to mean?

Sojin went silent, a part of her was expecting to hear the truth but a part of her also knows that he was probably to make a joke out of her or threaten her, again. But seeing that he did not budge and had no intention to tell her, this was definitely just a waste of her time.

Sojin sighed, “You have to leave, I’m closing this cafe”

“What kind of waitress forces a customer to get out?” Jongin chuckled and his eyes went smaller in respond. She had to admit, he had a nice smile. But that did not change a fact how much she despised him.

“Waitress like me.” With that, Sojin took his empty mango macchiato and threw it away. She knew this was very impolite and she could have gotten fired if her boss knew – but this was the only way to get him out from here, besides the drink was already empty.

“Well, I was about to inform you about Lotte Corporation, but you’re closing the café so I’-“His sentence stopped when he could feel the tingling sparks inside his vein. Sojin’s hand was grabbing Jongin’s wrist.

“Wait,” At the mention of Lotte Corporation, she needed to know now.

Jongin saw Sojin’s hand on his wrist. What was this feeling?

He kissed a girl – heck he even had with a girl. But this small gesture made his mind go to different places. It was just a small gesture!

Act cool Kai, act cool.

Sojin, clearly oblivious, trailed her own right arm until she saw her hand on Kim Jongin’s wrist. She took her palm away, almost too briskly that Jongin noticed how nervous she was. He smirked at the sight of red crimson slowly forming on her cheeks.

“What were you saying?”

“I’ve arranged with Lotte Corp about your job position, you can start on Monday.” Jongin straightened his body taller, feeling all of a sudden powerful. Finally, this was what he was supposed to feel around her – around everyone actually. Not a coward and powerless like a week ago. He felt a lot better once he can conquered her like now.

To be fairly honest, he wanted Sojin to work under him. But he had no choice, this woman was way too stubborn for his own liking. He had to do this. This was probably the only way for him to see her again, without looking too desperate.

“You’re lying,” This was way too much for Sojin’s mind to process. He threatened and cancelled her interview with Lotte Corporation, and now this. Sojin did not understand. Sojin squinted her eyes, what is he planning?

“Why would I?”

“Because… it’s you.” Sojin hesitated, her voice was lower when she said the last 2 words. Although almost inaudible, Jongin heard clearly what she said. What the hell has she been thinking about him? He’s not a monster!

“You’ll see for yourself.”

 

The last sentence successfully made Sojin’s hope rise.

 

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

 

Kim Jongin was not joking about what he said on the other day. Sojin still cannot believe this. She did not do her interview for Lotte Corp but she got accepted. Thanks to that jerk. Apparently.

She was currently sitting on the waiting room. This definitely seemed like a déjà vu to her. The building with 25th floors was bigger than what she expected Lotte will have – albeit it is smaller than Kim Corp. At least she got a great job and she was definitely happy with the position she will receive. She took a scan in the brown modernized furniture around her until her eyes landed on the person in the opened door.

“Eun Sojin?”

“Yes, that’s me,” Sojin quickly stood up. The person did not say anything else but he just went inside the room. Was she supposed to follow him?

“You’re the first person to be recommended by our CEO,” He said finally after Sojin sat across from him. This man finally looked up and was met by Sojin’s confused face.

“Ah I almost forgot, I’m Hyung Woo from HR department,” He gave his hand as Sojin gladly shook it.

“Speaking of your job, The CEO also mentioned he was recommended by Kim Jongin personally, you must somehow heard his name in TV or magazine, Kim Corp CEO.”

“I heard a few things about him,” Sojin told him. He’s also a jerk as well, if you haven’t already know. Sojin gave him a smile.

“Do you know Kim Jong in personally?” He raised one of his eyebrows. Is this meeting will lead to a conversation about Kim Jong in?!? How important is he in Korea?

“No,” Sojin briskly answered. “I applied to Kim Corp Company previously, however,”

“Ah your CV and documents probably triggers his interest,”

Yeah right. Sojin thought sarcastically.

 Sojin smiled again, not very sure on how to respond towards his statement. 

“The situation had me confused. If you were that great, why would he recommend you to our place,” He mentioned again, was he being suspicious about her?

As if, she was the victim in here!

Sojin just chuckled lightly because she cannot think of a better answer to say. What was she supposed to say? She definitely cannot tell the truth about Kim Jong in.

She was not sure, but judging the way Hyung Woo, the man across from her, talked and looked at her. He did not seem satisfied with her answer, and he was definitely suspicious about Sojin’s relationship with Kim Jongin – he probably doubted Sojin’s work later on.

In the name of God, she wanted to say and swear she had nothing to do with him.

“As seen in the email, you’ll be working under the finance department. For the nex-“

There was a sudden knock on the door, interrupting what Hyung Woo said.

“Sorry to interrupt sir, but I heard you were looking for me,” Sojin turned around to where the voice came from.

No way.

Sojin squinted her eyes for a better view. This man who clearly just came in inside the room did not notice her presence, instead, he walked towards Hyung Woo. But Sojin’s eyes did not let go from his presence even until this man stood beside her, still facing Hyung Woo however.

“Sojin, this is Yoo Kang Min. Yoo Kang Min, Sojin,” Hyung Woo introduced. This man, Yoo Kang Min, finally faced Sojin.

YOO KANG MIN?

“He’ll be with you for the next two weeks to get yourself accommodated with Lotte Corporation.”

Oh my.

 

 

__________________________

I bet most of you were thinking that Sojin will work under Jongin, but no HEHE 

Sorry if you were all expecting that

BUT ANYWAY, who's YOO KANG MIN? 

Stay tuned for the next chapter. 

 

Love, 

Hello_friend