Chapter 4

Unexpected Desire

 

SoJin did not know how many times she had tried to wipe off her lips with her hand. She could almost still feel his alcohol on her lips – or was she just being paranoid?

She blamed herself for not acting so fast. That was the one time she was not ahead of the others and she regrets it so much. How could she be so oblivious on what he was going to do? She could have pushed him when he stopped her on her track before pulling her into a kiss.

She did not want her first kiss to be like this, albeit she knew it is not going to happen sooner or later – she was always too busy making a living. But the thought of having her first kiss being forced by a stranger made her mind go detest.

“Ughhh!” She slammed her body down to her bed, pulling all her weight goes down with her. She took her pillow and covers her face, thinking that she may forget the incidence that happened yesterday – although it fails miserably. She wanted to tell Jong Hoon what happened, telling others and letting go is the probably one of the best remedies for her. But knowing what Jong Hoon will respond to her, she restrained herself.

She knew the conversation would end up a lecture his brother will give – albeit he definitely mean well.

“This is why I kept telling you that you should have stop working, if you would just hear me once, this will never happen.”

“Who was he? Is he some kind of psycho?”

So Jin could already hear his brother’s voice in her head. She decided to keep this to herself, it’s not like she will meet him anyway.

Her thoughts were interrupted with her phone ringing; Sojin took her phone and saw an anonymous number printed on her phone.

 

Really? Did someone have to disturb her?

“Hello, who’s this?” She half-heartedly replied over the phone.

“Is this Eun So Jin?” A man husky voice was heard over the phone.

“Yes, this is So Jin speaking.”

“Hello So Jin, this is Min Joon from Kim Corporation,” The 2 last words he mentioned successfully disturb her mind from that psycho men, as her body jolted up into a sitting position on her bed – as if there was shooting electricity running on her veins.

“Ah yes? May I help you?”

Doubts started to filled up her mind, feeling the room suddenly moves up to 10 degrees higher. She started feeling hot in panic.

Was her CV bad? That can’t be, she was helped by the top Seoul University professor and was checked by dozens of her friends.

Oh . Did he know that her CV was helped and now he’s going to reject her because of a copyright and non-individual work she did for her CV? Her interview was supposed to be 5 more days, right?

“Apparently there is a sudden change in the schedule. You are expected to be here tomorrow afternoon, 12.30PM, for your interview. Is the date and time fine for you?”

“Ah yes, of course it's fine. It's my pleasure! Thank you very much sir,” She said in relieved, the weight on her body suddenly lifted up.

“Great! Have a good day So Jin,”

“You too sir, see you tomorrow.” Then the line was cut.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

So Jin was a tad early than what Kim Corp has expected, she wouldn’t want to blow off her only chance by coming late. Thanks to Mr. Google, she had prepared all her answers for all the possible questions she might be asked by googling:

 

“Usual questions asked in job interview?”

and

“Questions and answers for job interview?”

 

She had been preparing for 1 hour yesterday, and she was a bit confidence about herselves. She always gets what she wants when it comes to study and academics. She hoped this time her luck comes for this job.

As soon as the metal box hit the 12th floor, the door opened giving So Jin access to the interview’s waiting room.

 

Breath SooJin, breath.

 

She stepped on the marble floor and was greeted with a white polished interior of the room. The interior was very modernized and she scanned other girls who must have waited longer than she did – and she instantly felt stupid.

Why did you dress up with a blouse and a freaking jeans only?

She instantly felt inferior between the girls who dress up way much more compared to her. She needed to give impression that she really look forward in working in this company, but her clothes may give off the wrong impression.

It’s all about the context right?

So Jin tried to assure herself, yet seeing the workers who work there dressed similarly to all these girls who were waiting for the interview, she regretted not wearing her other clothes, she should have been wise enough to know this simple matter.

She did not know how long she waited, but it was now 1.30 PM and her interview has not started. Wasn’t her interview scheduled at 12.30PM? She was busy practicing her lines she did not realize she was the last one in the room.

What a pressure. She sighed. 

“Eun So jin, we are ready for you,” A mid 30s lady came towards her. “Did you bring the documents we asked?”

“Ah yes,” So Jin handed her documents, she had hope if her interview did not satisfy them, the document would save her. She was never a good speaker from the very start - that thought instantly made her stomach churned.

“Follow me,” So Jin obliged and followed her, passing through the rooms that all the girls went in previously.

Wait what? Why is she going this way?

The woman stopped in front of a black door, probably the only black door out of all the other white doors in the whole floor level.

“The president is waiting for you.”

Ah, that’s why it’s the only door that looks different.

It took a few seconds for her mind to process what the lady said, before Sojin can comprehend what she was saying. Wait what?!? 

“I’m sorry, di- did you say the president?” The woman nodded in response, and she instantly felt pressure on her shoulder.

The woman probably noticed her perplex face that she tried too hard to tone it down. Before she had the chance to ask the lady her questions, the woman opened the door letting Sojin in. Immediately, her eyes landed on the man sitting on the sofa. She have heard gossips around her campus about how young was he when he took on his father’s business. That was probably the only thing So jin knew about the president. She instantly regretted that she did not take the time to research about him yesterday.

Sojin felt her heart getting heavier, it was harder and harder to breath in the open-ended room - By now, she probably forgot how to breath. The room did not make her feel even better. The well-polished modernized and gigantic room made her feel intimidated and powerless. She instantly felt her foosteps getting heavier and smaller. 

 Confidence Sojin, confidence

 

Assuring herself, Sojin walked confidently towards the sofa, thinking that it may leaves out a good impression.

“Good afternoon, I am Eun So jin, here to do my interview.” Her head bowed instantly – is this too much for a greeting?

                                                     

She expected for an answer, a response or at least a hummed – to which she didn’t get. Instead, this man was looking down at a paper that Sojin finally took time to recognizes it was her CV!

 

Was it really that bad?

 

 “It’s nice to see you again, dear.” – That voice

No no, it can’t be

“Sit,” He finally darted his eyes on me

 

and I think I may have collapsed. 

 

______________________________________________

Chapter 4 is up! Comments and suggestions down below are very much appreciated!

Love, 

Hello_friend