Chapter 7

Unexpected Desire

One week has passed but Sojin never leaved his mind.

“Many people are striving to make a living, including me, so if your life is so boring, go ing kiss or sleep with another next girl you meet at the club rather than threatening me.”

Her words still lingered in Jongin’s mind, even after one week and he detested it so badly.

No woman has ever made Jongin doubt himself – except for Eun Sojin. Period.

He hated how Eun Sojin managed to give him such a hope when Min Joon told Eun Sojin was there to meet Jongin. He was expecting a confirmation instead of a rejection. He hated himself more that he did not have the chance to defend himself. Where did the powerful Kim Jong In? He met so many people, even older and more powerful than he was, but he conquered them all.

How in the world a bartender can have such an effect on him?

He had asked Min Joon to see how Sojin was doing, and apparently she haven’t quit both of her at the club and in the coffee shop. Why in the world this woman has to be that stubborn? He clearly did not understand.

One moment she almost cried in front of him because he cancelled her interviews, and now she did not even come to him again. Sojin should be very lucky; she was the first worker Jongin ever offered a job as his personal assistance.

The situation had him very confused, to be fairly honest.

“Min Joon, get me a car to Hot Latte. I’ll be down in 5 minutes.” Jongin ended the call. He took his suit that was placed on his chair and headed down.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Sojin, the whole café is booked in 30 minutes. Kim Hyojin and I will be going home now. You think you’ll be fine serving alone?”

“No problem!” Sojin shouted to her boss, the owner of the café, while putting the banana in the blender. The place was pretty packed, apparently, her other worker was absent so she only had Kim Hyojin, who was now busy taking orders.

Moving around from place to place and feeling sore on her legs, Sojin was pretty relieved that the café will be privately book, which means she only has to serve few people and has time to rest.

“Thank you for coming. We will be closing the café right now for private booking. Come back again!” Hyo Jin and Sojin chirped at the same time, as their customers begun to swim away.

“You sure you’ll be fine alone?”

“Why would I not, besides you took my shift lots of time already!” Sojin pushed Hyo Jin’s back, assuring her.

Once she was leaved in the café alone, she checked the time.

5.27

Just on time before the private customers start to come in at 5.30. Taking the opportunity of the limited time, Sojin went towards her back kitchen and damp the cloth into the sink with water. The table was still a mess and she only had 3 minutes to clean up the table. She hoped the customers will be late.

Half way running towards the front where the messy tables are, she suddenly stopped in her track

When her eyes met Kim Jongin.

In a sudden, her legs refused to walk another step.

He had a smirk on his face when he saw Sojin, and slowly, he walked towards one of the empty table and take a seat – not leaving his eyes off Sojin.

“I’ll have mango macchiato,”

“I’m sorry sir, but this place is fully booked,” Sojin finally moved after few seconds of death track. She went to the nearest table and started to wipe dirt on the table. Without facing him, Sojin can still feel his stares and she hated it.

Did he not understand that this place is fully booked?

“Meaning that you have to leave,” Sojin dropped her cloth on the table and faced him. He still didn’t move an inch.

Is he testing my patience?

“Aren’t you going to make my drink? I’m still waiting,”

“My next custome-“ Sojin stopped when she saw there were two bodyguards guarding this café in a black suit. She can finally made sense this whole situation.

“You booked this place,” She was not sure, the whole sentence was supposed to be a statement of Sojin’s realization, but it came out more like a question because Kim Jongin was now nodding his head.

“You brought your body guard?” She was completely disbelief, why the hell did he need to bring two freaking bodyguards in a deserted café where Sojin works. 

“The first time we met you slapped me, and the second time you were so close to throw shed glass of water. Shouldn’t I be more careful this time?

That was all because of your jerk behavior!

Did he really come here to blow my temperament off? Again?

“Why are you here?” Sojin’s mouth was formed into a thin line and she hoped he noticed how much she despised him through that gesture.

“I want to drink mango macchiato – in which you haven’t start making.”

“And you booked the whole café just for that?” Sojin mocked him. That was the stupidest reason she ever heard. She might have to check why is he the president of Kim Corp.

“And why not?” He tilted his head to the right and gave

Knowing that this conversation will leave them forever, Sojin decided to make her drinks. It was not a bad idea after all; behind the counter she had few minutes to not see his ace. Besides, she did not want to risk this job knowing that this man in here has the power. She couldn’t afford to lose another job because of him.  

She purposely made his drink longer than her usual. She hated the fact that she had to see and give him the drink. But once the drink was done, she brought the cup along with the straw to his table. She hoped he would leave soon after he gets the drink. Sojin placed the drink on the table and she could feel Jongin’s eyes radiating her soul. She hated how he looked at her so immensed – she was not comfortable.

“Now that you get the drink,” Sojin’s arms folded in front of her chest “Why are you here?” She asked once again, his previous answer did not satisfy her – she knew there was some other motive he was probably planning and she needed to know.

“To drink this,” Jongin holded the cup and stabbed the straw on the plastic lid.

“Really?” Sojin gave him a mocking face.

He took a small breath, his chest heaving up and down in respond. Was it that hard to tell her? Was he here to threaten her again? She recalled she did not do anything wrong for the past week.

Then why?

"Please don't say you want to drink mango mac-"

Jongin cut her sentence.

“I want to know why you’ve been constantly in my mind,”

Sojin’s stomach churned. 

She was not expecting that. At all.

 

_________________________________________________________

Super short chapter and bad! Oh and I haven't edit the grammar and all, but I'll come back soon to edit this chapter.

I hoped you enjoyed reading this!

 

Love, 

Hello_friend