donghyuk; comfort

iKON as your HUSBAND!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today is the day.

"Honey, are you ready yet?" Donghyuk came in from the balcony to check on you. You grabbed your clutch before turning to his direction. He was looking at you with a thin smile on his face.

"Yup, ready," You said, replying with a smile too. He walked closer to you and took your hand in his. You could feel his hand was colder than usual- contradict to the warm hands of his that you always loved. You could also feel the tense in his every moves. But you said nothing about it nonetheless.

"You look pretty as always today," He said. You smiled and blushed at his compliment. Donghyuk giving you a compliment was not a once in a blue moon thing, but it still gave you butterflies every single time.

"You're not bad yourself too," You said. Donghyuk chuckled as he rubbed his thumb at your hand. It was a habit that he did every time he was nervous. You decided to ignore it. Both of you walked side-by-side to the elevator, to Donghyuk's car in the parking lot. Arrived at his black Audi A5, both of you entered the car. Donghyuk almost never forget to open the car's door for you, but today, he went straight to the driver's side. It's not like you want to be treated like a princess or something, it just bothered you because that means Donghyuk had so many things going on in his head right now.

"Are you sure you can drive?" You asked hesitatedly. Donghyuk looked at you and smiled. 

"Yes, honey. Don't worry," He said, rubbing your cheek affectionately. Your heart felt heavy, seeing him like this, but it's understandable. In fact, you admired his calmness, because if it were you, you would break down into tears already.

After about 10 minutes of the ride, Donghyuk stopped at a florist. You undid your seatbelt and got ready to go out.

"Oh, you want to buy flower too?" Donghyuk asked. You nodded.

"Of course, I want to pick a special one for him," You said. Donghyuk smiled before leading both of you into the florist. Both of you were lost in choosing the right flower that you didn't realize almost 30 minutes were spent at the florist. Finally satisfied with the flower, Donghyuk and you went back to the car and continue the journey.

The whole car ride was filled in silent. Donghyuk didn't even turn on the radio. He did talked to you once in a while, but most of it was just simple question, like "Are you hungry? and "Should we eat first?" and the rest of the ride was mostly him driving in silent while you just stared out of the window. Unknowingly, you dozed off to the dreamland, leaving Donghyuk deep in his thought.

"Honey, wake up," You stirred in your sleep when you felt you arm were shakened by someone, that was none other than Donghyuk. You looked around and noticed that both of you had arrive to the destination. Donghyuk tucked the strands of your hair that covered your face to the back of your ears. You smiled and muttered "thanks" to him. After lightly fixing your look, both of you and Donghyuk stepped out from the car.

"Don't leave me if I look too ugly," Donghyuk said. You chuckled at his words. You reached out for his hand and intertwined your fingers with him. He smiled before turning his face slightly to kiss the side of your head. You thought of it as his "Thank you", because you knew that he needed it at this moment.

"Do you remember where it is?" Donghyuk asked you. You shook your head, feeling guilty. Donghyuk smiled and nodded. He understood it though, he had only brought you here twice, so it was possible for you to not remember.

Especially when it was not your own father's.

 

"Here it is," Donghyuk said as his steps stopped in front a wooden shelf, covered with glass. The huge shelf were divided to different small parts, all of it contained different memory of a person who had left the world earlier. You looked at Donghyuk, and his eyes were already glued to a spesific shelf. He slowly let go of your hand and dragged two small chair nearby to the front of his father's shelf. He tapped the chair beside him, asking you to sit down. You sat down next to him and almost immediately, his left hand reached for your right one, while you put your flower bouquet on your lap. Donghyuk took a deep breath before he finally talked to his dad, with his hand still holding tight onto yours.

"Hi, dad. It's been a while," He started. You noticed how he tried hard to hold back his tears, probably because he didn't want you to cry, but too bad, your eyes were already teary.

"Today I came with my wife, after years of coming alone or with mum on this date," He added, lightly chuckling afterwards.

"Look at her, dad. She's so beautiful, even though dressed in all black. Even her sleep is adorable to me. Is this what you feel when you were with mum?" Donghyuk asked again. You smiled, but at the same time, a tear dropped to your cheek. You used your free hand to wipe it away.

"Soon it will be our first anniversary. I wish you were still here, so I can talk with you about what gift to buy for her. Mum said you were a hopeless romantic back then. Ahh... Too bad I don't get to learn love tips from you,"

"I wish you were there on our marriage. I miss you the most on the happiest days of my life. Like at that time when I was preparing for my debut showcase, I thought of you. I want you to be with me when I'm the most happiest. I wish you could witness me achieving my dreams, standing on the dream stage, performing in front of a large crowd, and watch m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter