It Has Started

Emergency Doctors

"Your dad will be fine for now," Yoon Do said to Lee Ga Jin and Yoo Yoo Na as he took off his surgical mask. "We tried out best on taking out the shards near the vitals points of his body. He took a pretty hard hit on the head. We'll double check on him tomorrow morning." He looked around to see if Hye Jung was nearby but she's nowhere to be found. "He'll be in the ICU, you can visit him in a few minutes."

Yoo Na clenched onto Yoon Do's hands. "Thank you, doctor! Thank you!"

Yoon Do nodded his head and gave them both a brief smile. "You're welcome." As soon as he bid goodbye to the family members and start walking around the corner, he halted when he saw Hye Jung hiding behind the walls. "Doctor Yoo..."

Hye Jung cleared and looked up at him. "What happened to him?"

"Hit and run accident," Yoon Do informs her. "For some reason, your dad was walking around past midnight. Some car lost control and hit your dad on the sidewalk. Left him there, bleeding out. A few glass shards were near his vital points." He sighed and crossed his arms. "Don't you want to be with them right now?"

"No," Hye Jung answered. "I'll be leaving then." Speed walking past the hallway, she exhaled deeply once she was out of sight. Clenching onto the railing, she knit her eyebrows together. "Hit and run..." she muttered to herself.

Ji Hong appeared by her side, handing her a cup of coffee. It was almost two in the morning now. He's about to start his shift soon. "What did Doctor Jung say?"

"My dad got involved in a hit and run, the driver left him there." Hye Jung said as she took a sip of the coffee. Her fingers slowly started tapping against the cup as she thought about what could her dad be outside at a time like this? Her eyes shift to the left and right side. "It's crazy. How could someone just leave like that."

"Some people get surprised with what they do," Ji Hong said. "Or they could just be an utter ."

Hye Jung looked at him. "Thank you for driving me here."

"Anything." Ji Hong smiled. "Are you okay?"

Hye Jung exhaled and held onto his hand. "As long as you're here." It's weird. She knows that she doesn't care about her dad. She knows the type of hatred she has toward that man. But knowing that your dad almost died merely seconds ago, it's a weird feeling. Maybe you don't have to be close to someone to still feel their death looming over you. "You should go, your shift is starting soon."

Ji Hong smiled and leaned over to give her a peck on the lips. Despite the people walking past them, he doesn't care. It's not a secret anymore that they're engaged. Might as well get as much kisses as he can when he wants to. "Call me if you want anything."

"Alright," Hye Jung stood alone as she held onto the cup of coffee with both hands. "What am I supposed to do?" Since she woke up to those messages with Ji Hong on the bed next to her side, she couldn't shake off the dark ominous feeling out of her. She still can't pinpoint what exactly is bothering her so much but she wishes she can find out soon.

. . .

Ji Hong yawned as he paced around the wards and ICU for his round. He smiled at each and every one patient that he was walking by. He is going through this day with only a two hour sleep in his system. Not only is he tired but he is hungry. Suddenly, he wished he grabbed that sandwich on his desk in the office when he went out here. "Kyung Joon, how is patient Lee Hye In?" He hasn't heard or seen anything about the patient that the little freak out earlier. 

Kyung Joon puts away the chart in his hand. "It turns out that he may have a psychological problem. Our department sent him off to get checked out. We haven't heard anything since."

"I see," Ji Hong said. Stopping near one of the patient's rooms, he crossed his arms. "You're a third year?"

"Yes."

"What do we usually do with patients that possibly has a mental problem?"

Kyung Joon furrowed his eyebrows together. "I don't know. It's my first time witnessing one."

"Once the department has declared the mental problem issue, we as neurologists don't stop there just because it's not in our line of work anymore." Ji Hong gripped onto Kyung Joon's shoulder. "Do you know what I mean?"

"No....."

Ji Hong sighed. "Give me all the follow ups on Lee Hye In."

"Ah, yes." Kyung Joon quickly wrote a note of it. "But why?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I feel sort of responsible."

. . . 

Hye Jung stepped out of her car and looked at the street where her dad was found laying. Around this time, this area would always be crowded with people. How is it possible that no one saw the license plate of the driver? Taking a step around the area, she could see the faint sight of blood that's there. From what she understood, her dad didn't exactly bleed out that much. Which is a good thing. 

"Hye Jung," Seo Woo called out as soon as she parked her car on the side of the curb. "Why did you want to meet up here?"

"Look at that," Hye Jung pointed out toward the pole. "The driver must've hit that after running over my dad. The car must be damaged in some sort of way." 

Seo Woo frowned. "Are you going to become obsessive over this? The police will look after it, don't worry. You have patients and a wedding to prepare for."

"Who said I'm worried or obsessive?" It's almost offensive for people to assume that she cares for her dad. Which she actually doesn't know. Why is she spending her lunch break like this? In the middle of the street looking for clues. Just last night she was giving a big speech to Ji Hong about how she doesn't care about her dad and she won't try. But here she is, near a trail of her dad's faint blood and the scene of the accident. "Sorry."

"Don't be," Seo Wook reassured her. "I mean I would also be pissed about a hit and run accident even if I don't know the person." 

Hye Jung took a look at the damage that was done on the pole. There was coloring where the hit was. Thinking of only one person at the moment, she took out her phone. "Kim Soo Chul, are you still in Seoul?"

. . . 

Ji Hong scrolled through the website he was on, looking for a venue to hold the wedding. There has been multiple of choices so far but he still has to discuss it with Hye Jung. After much thought, he doesn't want to wait for a year or two to marry her. He can't wait any longer. In six months, he has declared that she has to be his legal wife by then. To being able to hold her hand and officially call her wife is his biggest wish right now. "Come in," he said once he heard someone knocking on the door. "Oh, Doctor Jung.."

Yoon Do took a seat across from Ji Hong. "I heard that you wanted follow ups on the patient that we sent to the psychology department."

"Yes."

"He's my patient," Yoon Do confirmed. "I'm the one that operated on him."

"I know that."

"Do you?" Yoon Do sighed. "I think the follow ups should be told to me first than you."

"Why? It really doesn't make any of a difference who knows first." Ji Hong insisted as he turned off the computer to concentrate more on this conversation. "Either way, he's really not any of our patient anymore if he does have something wrong there. It'll be psychology's responsibilities."

"And until he does become their responsibility, I would be his primary doctor." 

Ji Hong narrowed his eyes at Yoon Do. "What's wrong with you? Why are you being so touchy on this issue? It's clearly not an issue for us to sitting across like this and speak in that sort of tone." 

Yoon Do ran his hand through his hair as he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. It's just that as his primary doctor. The fact that I wasn't there when he was acting like that - putting you and other people in danger, I felt useless and responsible. I should've taken care of my ends." 

"YA! It's no one's fault. How would've we known?" Ji Hong smiled. "It's nothing to be putting yourself down for. As of right now, let's just hope for the best that he's okay." 

"Right, thank you..." 

. . . 

Kim Soo Chul leaned over and looked at the pole. "It's black," stating the obvious. He looked at Hye Jung and Seo Woo. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Can you tell what kind of car it is?" 

"What kind of question is that?" Soo Chul crossed his arms. "I may be working in autoshops now but that doesn't mean I can tell what kind of car it would be just by the color. You act like there isn't more than 50 brands of cars in this world."

Hye Jung leaned against her own car and sighed. "Sorry."

Seo Woo looked at her. "I bet the cops are running a test with that right now. We will find whoever did this."

"How bad was it that the driver has to run off?"

"Her dad hasn't woke up yet from the surgery. It's normal since it may take a day or two but we suspect that there could be a blood clot near the head." Seo Woo explained to him. "We can't do anything just yet though."

Soo Chul looked over at Hye Jung with a worrisome expression on his face. In the two years that he has spent living with her, she has never said a word about her dad. It's more like she just didn't want to be remembered of him. To stand here and watch her worry over something like this is not only shocking but also shows some growth in her as a person. Sensing that he has to do something as a friend, he cleared his throat. "I have some buddies that work around in some autoshops around this area. I'll call in and ask them to keep in a lookout for a car that is damaged in the front with the same color paint."

Hye Jung smiled. "Thanks."

. . .

Ji Hong handed Hye Jung smoothed out strands of her hair as they laid in bed together at his house. "Doctor Jung says that your dad seems fine."

"I know," Hye Jung replied with her eys closed. "Soo Chul says that his friends has agreed to help out."

"Soo Chul?" Ji Hong shifted his eyes left to right. "Ah! The married kid."

"Divorced." Hye Jung corrected him.

"What?!" Ji Hong's eyes widened. "When did he get divorced?!"

Hye Jung shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know," she looked up. "Why?"

Ji Hong cleared his throat out of embarrassment and chuckled. "Nothing, I just thought that the kid was still married."

Shaking her head at his jealousy, she wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed out of relief. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah..."

"When my mom died, there was this feeling that I had and it didn't go away until a few years after. It was very dark and ominous, almost scary if I think about it more." Hye Jung start to explain. "I think it went away when I started fighting back to my stepmom."

"Like a bad feeling?"

"Yeah," Hye Jung whispered. "Like that. When I got the messages about my dad, those feelings returned. But this one is different, it's like something is slowly vanishing from my life and I don't what it is."

Ji Hong could hardly understand what she's saying. "Maybe it's just the nerves on worrying about your dad. You seem like you don't care but you do. That's not a bad thing, don't worry."

"No," Hye Jung corrected him. "The bad feeling was about you."

"Me? Why would you have a bad feeling about me?"

Shaking her head as she looked up, her eyes scanning his handsome face slowly. "I don't know."

Ji Hong smiled softly and leaned forward to kiss her. "You won't lose me if that's what you believe."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Nothing will happen to me, don't worry."

Hye Jung exhaled. "So why won't this feeling go away?"

. . .

"Oh! Doctor Hong!" Kyung Joon rushed over and smiled. "You're wearing different socks again!"

Ji Hong looked down at his face and finally noticed that two different socks. "Ah, that's weird. I swore I put on two black ones today."

"You must be stressed."

Nodding his head as he pulled down his pants so it could hide a little bettter. "Maybe."

Nurse Hyun stood up and handed Ji Hong a folder. "I need your signature."

"Mhmm," Ji Hong said as he signed. "See you guys later." Once he finished signing, he started walking toward the fellow room to see if Hye Jung is done with work and ready to go.

"That's weird," Nurse Hyun said as she looked at the chart again. "I told him to sign."

Kyung Joon laughed. "And he signed."

"But the line for the signature is right here, how could he miss the line for it and sign all the way here?" Nurse Hyun questioned as she showed the chart to Kyung Joon.

. . .

Hye Jung put on her coat and held onto Ji Hong's hands as they walked along the streets. "I missed you."

"We saw each other two hours ago." He laughed as he kissed her hands and swinged their arms up in the air as they enjoyed the nice breeze outside. "Has Soo Chul called about anything yet?"

"No," as soon as she said that, her phone started ringing. Taking a look a the ID, she smiled. "Oh, Soo Chul."

I have someone here that has information about the car. Do you think you can come over really quickly?

"Hmm, yeah. I'll be right there." Hye Jung smiled and looked at Ji Hong. "I have to meet him really quickly."

Ji Hong shrugged his shoulders. "Want me to come?"

"No!" Hye Jung handed him a magazine that she kept in her purse. "You have homework to do."

He looked down and laughed at the bridal and groom magazine. "I was just going to talk about this with you. I found this great venue that could be small enough for just us and a few people. We don't have to make it so grand."

Hye Jung agreed. She always wanted a small intimate wedding not something so grand that you could barely remember anything. "I'll call you tonight?"

"Go ahead, you wouldn't want to be late." Ji Hong waved goodbye and watched her hurry off back inside the hospital to get her car. He took a deep breath and skimmed through the magazine as he walked along the sidelines. He could see small noticeable markings that Hye Jung made for him to see especially the big red circles with the words THIS ONE!

. . .

Yoon Do watched as Ji Hong chuckled and did his own markings on the magazine, making a face - he leaned over. "Teacher Hong, don't you think inviting me over for dinner but then choosing to sit down and pick out possible wedding dresses a little rude in front of me?"

"Why?" Ji Hong smiled. "You ate and now we're talking. What's wrong?"

"I've been doing most of the talking." Yoon Do got up from his seat and walked over to the fridge to grab something to eat. "You've just been sitting there circling images."

Ji Hong looked at the beautiful dress that he is imagining Hye Jung wearing, smiling widely. He carefully wrote this one will be beautiful on you. As soon as he finished, he frowned when all the lights were turned off. "Ya! Okay! I'll listen to you and put away the magazine! Stop it, turn on the light."

Yoon Do stood in the middle of the kitchen confused as he looked around. All the lights were on. "What are you talking about?"

Ji Hong blinked at the darkness in front of him. "Turn on the lights! Stop playing around." He laughed as he closed the magazine. "Doctor Jung."

"Teacher..." Yoon Do moved closer to Ji Hong. He watched as Ji Hong continued to laugh as he looked around the room aimlessly as if the room was really dark for him. Slowly lifting his hand up and making hand motions in front of Ji Hong's face - he noticed that Ji Hong was making no reactions towards it. His eyes widened. "Oh my..."

Ji Hong clapped his hands once he could see everything again and laughed at Yoon Do. "Ya, how did you make over here already after turning the lights back on?" Ji Hong laughed as he exhaled. "Alright, I put the magazine away. What do you want to talk about so badly now that you have my attention?"

Just seconds ago Ji Hong claimed that Yoon Do turned off the lights when he didn't even touch anything. He watched as Ji Hong missed out on the hand motions he did right in front of him. Yoon Do gasped and took a step back. Suddenly he remembered about Kyung Joon laughing and making fun of Ji Hong wearing mixed matched socks a lot lately. "Teacher...." And it seems as if Ji Hong has never noticed anything wrong about himself. How is he supposed to....tell him? His eyes adverted over to the magazine next to Ji hong. How is he supposed to tell Hye Jung?

. . .

Hye Jung shivered as she said her thanks to Soo Chul's friend and sighed. At the end, it wasn't the right car since the car was a dark blue instead. Looking up at the sky, she sighed. "Ah, how hard is it to find one car."

Soo Chul laughed. "We'll find it." Narrowing his eyes at Hye Jung, he frowned. "Why is your left eye blinking so much?"

"It's been blinking since I got that feeling earlier today." Holding onto her left eye so it would stop. "It's been bothering me all day."

"That weird dark feeling you've had since you were little? Doesn't usually something bad happens when you have that?"

Hye Jung nodded her head. "Like something being taken away from me but I don't know what it is."

 

 

A/N: I know many will be upset w/ where the story is going but trust me when I say it HAS ONLY STARTED & that it may not seem what it is????? Or maybe???? I can't tell you lol but trust me ; I AM ONE OF THOSE ALL FOR HAPPINESS but we can't get that unless we get sadness right???? Pls bare w/ me and not unsubscribe! sorry for the short chapter! I've been a bit busy lately especially today but I wanted to get this chapter out of the way so I wrote as soon as possible! I hope you like it and share what you think! Please comment!!!!! Sorry for any mistakes!