Chapter 4

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday morning, Jeongyeon was free today except at night. She looked at the clock. 9.00 a.m. ‘Lemme just sleep for another hour,’ she thought. Suddenly, she smelled food. She looked at her left. ‘She’s already up,’ she put her hand on that empty spot before went to the kitchen.

 

Jeongyeon saw the breakfast – toast, omelet, baked beans and jams. “You’re awake, Jeongyeonie!” Momo beamed. “I’m sorry for this simple breakfast, I’m not a good cook,” Momo said. “This is already good. Usually, I just eat cookies and leftover food,” Jeongyeon said. “That’s a bad habit. Breakfast is really important for us. It provides us energy for the rest of the day,”. Jeongyeon chuckled. “Can we eat now?” Jeongyeon took a seat. “Uhh, well, of course,” Momo sat in front of Jeongyeon.

 

“What’s your plan today?” Momo asked while spreading the peach jam on her toast. “Well, aside from the performance tonight, I’ve got nothing in mind,” Jeongyeon said. “Ooh,”. Jeongyeon could tell Momo was disappointed. “Hey, how about I’ll bring you to this special place? I’ll go to this place whenever I feel sad or mad,” Jeongyeon said. “Really? That sounds great!” Momo beamed happily.

 

They went to Jeongyeon’s ‘special’ place after the breakfast. “Momo-ssi, this is Han River. It’s a very special place for me,” Jeongyeon said.. “Woah, I’ve only seen it in drama!” Momo looked at the beautiful view. “Why this place is special for you, Jeongyeonie?” Momo asked. Jeongyeon hesitated for a moment. “It’s okay if you don’t want to share it with me,” Momo said. “After I’ve heard about my parents death, I was really sad and ran away. I didn’t know when did I get here and then I met this little girl,” Jeongyeon smiled.

 

Little Jeongyeon was so devastated and lost. Although she was just seven years old, she knew that her parents would never come back, she would never see them again. She leaned against the bridge wall and hid her face between her legs. She cried. “Hello there, why are you crying?” she heard a girl’s voice. Jeongyeon looked up and saw a girl around her age sat beside her. “Go away, don’t bother me,” Jeongyeon said. “What happened to you? Papa said when we’re sad, we have to know that there’s a lot of people suffer more than us. I have heart disease, doctor said I won’t last long. But Papa said he was wrong. Papa said I’ll live a thousand year more. And I believe in Papa,” the girl said. Jeongyeon just looked at this girl. The girl stood up. “I don’t know what you are facing right now. But I’m sure that you can handle this thing with a strong heart and become the strongest human being ever,” the girl said before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter