Chapter 7: Present

Pup or puppy?

Jaehwan changes into his jeans and shirt, getting ready to go out. He smiles as he styles his hair. He is going to spend his day with his best friend, Kyungsoo at the town. They have promised to meet each other at the bus stop. Jaehwan is excited as it is his first time to take the bus with friend other than Taekwoon them. “Umma~ I’ll leave now~ Love you!” Jaehwan says cheerfully before he leaves his house.

“Jaehwannie~~”

“Kyungiee~~”

The two friends hug each other as they meet up.

“Are you ready to have fun?” Kyungsoo asks as they hop onto the bus.

“Yes!” Jaehwan replies enthusiastically.

“Where should we go first?” Jaehwan asks as they reach the town. To be honest, he seldom goes to the town. Even he goes there, he is always with Hakyeon them or his parents, following their schedule. He does not really mind following the others.

“I need your help! I need to get my boyfriend a present for our upcoming anniversary!” Kyungsoo says dreamily and Jaehwan nods.

Kyungsoo has an elder boyfriend, Kris who is an alpha. They have been together for about 2 years and their relationship are still going strong. Jaehwan always thinks that they are a cute couple as in the alpha dotes on Kyungsoo a lot, despite being possessive at times but its alpha’s nature and they can’t help it.

Kyungsoo leads them to one of the shop which sells sport equipment. “Jaehwannie~ I’m planning to get him a pair of new sport shoes. Give me some opinions” Kyungsoo says happily as he stands in front of the display rack.

“I think this red one suits him a lot” Jaehwan says as he picks up a pair of shoes and shows it to his friend.

“I think so too but I want to look for more choices. I have to get one he will like it the most” Kyungsoo says and picks up another pair of shoes. Jaehwan shakes his head lightly at his friend’s love sick expression.

He decides to walk around the shop while waiting for his friend since it gonna takes some times for his friend to make a decision.

After walking around the shop for few minutes, Jaehwan stops in front of a pair of soccer boots. Although he does not know much about soccer boots, he can recognize the boots in front of him. It is the one that Taekwoon has been aiming for but since the old one still wearable, the elder has not make a move to buy it yet.

Jaehwan flips and takes a look at the price tag. It is not as expensive as he expects. He then opens his wallet and finds that he has enough money to get the boots. He does not know whether he should buy it for the elder or not since it not even the elder’s birthday or any event. However, Taekwoon dotes on him a lot and always gives him small gifts and surprises even there isn’t any event.

“I have paid! What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asks Jaehwan while holding a big shopping bag in his hand.

“Oh! Are you thinking of buying it for Taekwoon hyung?” Kyungsoo asks again as Jaehwan does not give him any responses.

Jaehwan looks at his friend with wide eyes. “Jaehwanie~ you can’t lie to me” Kyungsoo says with a teasing smile.

Jaehwan smiles shyly and asks his friend “Do you think I should buy it for him? It is not his birthday or what though”

“Who says that one can only give present when there is event? Doesn’t Taekwoon hyung gives you present without any reason?” Kyungsoo and Jaehwan nods.

“Okay then! I will buy it” Jaehwan says and his eyes shine brightly. “Awww~ aren’t you the cutest omega ever?” Kyungsoo coos and pinches his friend’s chubby cheek.

Kyungsoo smiles as he sees his friend asks help from the staff to get the right size of the boots. Jaehwan is really cute. Kyungsoo can definitely understand why Jaehwan’s elder friends dote on Jaehwan a lot. The omega is adorable, full of aegyo, innocent, naïve, kind, and cheerful. On top of that, Jaehwan does not act like a spoilt kid despite receiving love and adoration from the others.

“I’m done! Let’s go!” Jaehwan says and both of them exit the shop.

“Kyungie~ Let’s go eat. I’m hungry” Jaehwan says and the other nods. They decide to have lunch at the pizza shop nearby as both of them are too hungry to wander around and look for other restaurant.

Both of them eat in silent as they are too focus on the food. The sudden ringing tone shocks both of them. Jaehwan apologizes with a small smile and picks up his phone.

“Hello?”

“I’m at the town with Kyungsoo.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I can make it”

“You guys go ahead”

“Have fun, hyung~”

Jaehwan hangs up the phone and places his phone back on the table. Kyungsoo looks at him with curiosity.

“It’s Wonshik hyung. He asked me whether I want to join them to play video game or not” Jaehwan explains as he continues eating the pizza.

“Let’s watch a movie together after this” Kyungsoo says as he stuffs himself with the last piece of pizza.

“Jaehwanie~ I had a lot of fun today. Thank you!!!” Kyungsoo says as they are taking the bus to go home after movie.

“Welcomeeee! I had a lot of fun, too!!” Jaehwan says sincerely and hugs his friend. Its totally different if he compares it to the outing he has with his elder friends but its really fun to spend some time with friends of your age.

“See you soon, Jaehwannie~ Take care!” Kyungsoo says as both of them part way since both of them are living at different direction.

Jaehwan hums as he walks down the street. He then stares at the shopping bag in his hand, wondering that whether he should just go look for Taekwoon or wait till their next meet up. Knowing that he will be embarrassed to give elder the gift in front of the others, Jaehwan decides that he should go look for the elder and gives it to the elder privately.

He pulls out his phone from his pocket and dials a familiar number. To be honest, he has remembered the elder’s phone number by heart. He can dial it without searching his contact list.

“Hyungie” he greets the elder with a tone full of aegyo.

“Where are you?” he asks and he is glad that the elder is being at home alone. If Sanghyuk them are there as well, they will probably or bicker due to jealousy as Jaehwan only buys something for Taekwoon but not all of them.

“Hmm.. can I go to your place now?” Jaehwan asks shyly in which the elder says yes immediately. To be honest, Jaehwan can’t remember that if Taekwoon ever rejects him. The elder always says yes to almost all his requests.

Soon, Jaehwan reaches the elder’s house. He spots the elder is watering the plants at the yard. He approaches the elder with light steps and pokes the elder’s broad back.

“Hwannie” Taekwoon turns around and greets the younger gently.

“Hyungiee~” Jaehwan greets cutely then both of them sits at the bench at the yard.

“Hakyeon told me that you went to the town” Taekwoon says as he passes the younger a glass of juice.

“Yeah~ I went there with Kyungsoo. He said he needed my help to choose a present for his boyfriend” Jaehwan answers.

Ahhhhh.. Right… Kyungsoo has a boyfriend.. I wonder if Jaehwan wants to be my boyfriend…Taekwoon keeps quiet as he thinks about it.

“Hyung! I bought this for you!” Jaehwan says and holds up the shopping bag.

Taekwoon smiles softly and takes over the bag, he looks into the bag and finds that there is a shoe box inside.

He takes out the box and opens it. Taekwoon’s eyes widen as he sees inside is the boots that he has been wanting for a long time. He feels touched at the thought that Jaehwan actually remembers it as he only mentioned it once when they chatting randomly at school.

“You don’t have to.. you know” Taekwoon says but he can’t stop smiling and tries the shoes. He is surprised when the boots fit him well.

“I know.. but you have done so much for me and I want to do something for you too…” Jaehwan says shyly while blushing.

“Thank you” Taekwoon says and hugs the younger.

“I take it as you like it?” Jaehwan says while in the elder’s embrace.

“I love it” Taekwoon says, I love you more, Jaehwan ah.. he thinks. 


Enjoy reading! :D 

I will update other stories soon, too :)