Chapter 2: The night

Pup or puppy?

After dinner, the boys clean up.

 

“You guys ready?” Wonshik asks excitedly, taking position at the empty area beside the lake, getting ready to transform.

 

The other five nod, and they transform into their wolf form one by one.

 

After they transformed, they get into their position. Usually, other pack would have the formation in which the alpha leading the others. However, that is not applicable to their group.

 

The two alphas, Wonshik and Taekwoon will separate themselves, one be the leading one and one tailing at the back, ensuring the group’s safety. The three betas, will be in the middle, circling Jaehwan who is still a young pup without ranking.

 

The group starts to run up to the hill by the river side. They usually will run down the hill. However, to avoid from encountering the hunters, they decided to change their route. On top of that, it has been a long time they run up to the hill.

 

As Taekwoon is tailing his friends at the back, he can’t help but admire Jaehwan. The youngest is the only white wolf among them, pure white fur with aqua blue eyes (Hakyeon: Grey wolf; Taekwoon: Black wolf; Wonshik: Dark grey wolf; Hongbin: Dark blue wolf; Sanghyuk: Grey wolf). Jaehwan is so beautiful that Taekwoon swears that the youngest is the prettiest wolf.

 

When they the top of the hill, Jaehwan immediately nudges Hongbin by the side, wanting to play with the elder. The two wolves then roll on the ground. Soon, it turns into a playful wrestling match as the other four wolves decide to join in as well.

 

The match eventually stops when Jaehwan whines. The poor pup is being squashed to the ground by the other five bigger wolves. Hongbin the youngest’s cheek as apologize, knowing that how heavier and bigger they are in compared to the youngest.

 

---- After the run ----

 

The boys have transformed back into their human forms, getting ready to sleep.

 

“I want to sleep beside Jaehwanie!” Wonshik exclaims when they are going to bed.

 

“No! you’re out! Your snores are too loud! Jaehwanie~ can hyung sleep beside you?” Sanghyuk asks and hugs the younger.

 

“Why do I snore?!” Wonshik whines and pouts.

 

“Let Jaehwan decides, okay? But you would like mama Hakyeon to sleep beside you, right?” Hakyeon asks and earns some eye roll from the others.

 

“Hyung! No persuading!” Sanghyuk protests at the elder’s attempt.

 

“I want so sleep in between Binnie hyung and Woonie hyung” Jaehwan says quietly in the middle of the elders’ argument.

 

“The quiet ones win” Hongbin says and smirks, then proceeds to place his sleeping bag beside Jaehwan’s. Taekwoon chuckles.

 

“Good night boys” Hakyeon says before he falling asleep.

 

Jaehwan turns to his right and pokes Taekwoon’s cheek.

 

“Can’t sleep?” Taekwoon asks with a soft smile.

 

“Hwannie is cold” Jaehwan says while yawning.

 

“Come here, little puppy” Taekwoon says and pulls the younger into his arms.  Jaehwan snuggles against the elder’s chest, falling asleep as he feels the warmth.

 

You are more like a puppy rather than a pup. How can you be a wolf? Taekwoon thinks and smiles as he sees the cute younger falls asleep in his arms.


Short update! Enjoy reading :D