Chapter 4: Worry

Pup or puppy?

“You all are disgusting” Taekwoon comments with an annoyed tone, eyes not leaving the gadget in his hand.

It’s Saturday and they all don’t have to go school. They are spending time in his house while waiting for time to pass. The five of them have gathered without the youngest of their group because Jaehwan is not awake yet. The main reason he thinks that his friends are annoying is because the Navi couple is cuddling in front of him while the Hyukbin couple is flirting in front of him.

“You are just jealous” Hongbin says and Sanghyuk nods as agreement.

“When are you going to confess to Jaehwanie?” Hakyeon asks and earns a glare from Taekwoon.

“Hyung. It’s obvious that you love Jaehwan” Sanghyuk says.

Taekwoon sighs, he doesn’t know that he is so obvious. He has been carefully managing his feelings as he doesn’t want to scare the youngest, doesn’t want anything to change or turn worse.

“Am I that obvious?” he asks to no one particularly and the other four nod.

“Although we all dote on Jaehwan almost equally, you always pay extra attention to him. Jaehwan is very dependent on you too.” Hakyeon says.

“Taekwoon ah.. Jaehwan is going to mature soon.. if you want.. you can..” Wonshik says, encouraging his same age friend to confess. Since more than of them are already couple, he wants Taekwoon to have someone, too. He doesn’t want to see his friend to be alone.

Taekwoon sighs and says “I’ll think about it.. even if I want to confess, I will wait until his gets his ranking..”

Hongbin nods as agreement. Although the ranking does not really matter when it comes to love issue, things can be complicated if Jaehwan is an omega. Their head alpha has set rules and no one is allowed to break it.

“It’s afternoon, I think Jaehwan is awake now. Lets go get him and have lunch together.” Hakyeon suggests and all of them stand up from the couch. Taekwoon smiles lightly at the suggestion.

“Jaehwan is not at home” Jaehwan’s mother says as she opens the door for the boys. All of them are slightly taken back with the statement as Jaehwan is usually either hangout with them or just stay at home.

“Where did he go?” Taekwoon asks politely.

“He told me he is going to the forest to do some sketching. I thought he went with you all” Jaehwan’s mother says.

“We will go there and get him, then. Thank you auntie!” Hakyeon says and all of them turn to leave the house.

“Why Jaehwan didn’t tell us that he is going to the forest tho?” Wonshik asks. Some of them are slightly upset as Jaehwan is one who doesn’t like to be alone and always asks others to accompany him to go somewhere.

“Maybe the plan is last minute?” Hongbin says, not really think that it is a problem like the others.

“There!” Sanghyuk says and points towards a figure who is sitting by the river while sketching. It has to be Jaehwan, the river is the youngest’s favourite spot and it is a quiet and peaceful place.

“Jaehwan” Taekwoon greets as he goes near the youngest.

Jaehwan looks up from the sketch and finds that his friends are standing in front of him. “Hyungs. How you all know that I’m here?” he asks in confusion as he remembers that he didn’t tell the others that he coming.

“We went to your house. Auntie told us that you are here” Taekwoon explains and sits beside Jaehwan, admitting the younger’s sketch.

“Why you didn’t tell us tho? I thought you don’t like being alone.” Sanghyuk says.

“It’s a last minute plan! I woke up this morning and felt that I should come here and sketch. So I came here right after I had my breakfast!” Jaehwan explains excitedly. The older five smile and nod at the explanation.

“Done! Hyung! What do you think about this?” Jaehwan asks and shows his sketch to his friends. “You really draw well” Hongbin praises him and ruffles his hair. “The sketch is beautiful” Taekwoon says. As the group of friends praises his drawing skills, Jaehwan blushes madly.

The six of them decide to chill and hangout by the river. The weather is windy and comfortable. It is a peaceful silence but every one of them is enjoying it.

“Hyung.. I want to ask something..” Jaehwan says and breaks the silence.

“What is it?” Hakyeon asks and sits beside the youngest.

“What is it feel like? I mean our wolf mature and gets our ranking” Jaehwan says and looks down at his feets.

“Why are you asking about this out of sudden?” Hakyeon asks, feeling worry as Jaehwan sounds really worry and troublesome.

“My father told me that the full moon is coming real soon. By that time, I will be mature. I’m scared” Jaehwan says softly. All of them suddenly worry and comes towards him and circle him. It is rare to see that Jaehwan is worry and troublesome as the youngest is always cheerful and happy.

“Why are you scared?” Taekwoon asks softly.

“I’m scared that I will be an omega. I don’t want to be the second Seunghyun.” Jaehwan says softly and sadly.

The other five finally realizes the youngest’s concern. Seunghyun was their friend and an omega. When Seunghyun was matured, they were still young and they didn’t know much about the rules. However, one day, Seunghyun suddenly became someone’s mate and living an unhappy life. All these is due to their pack’s rules, in which that if an omega is not mated until 20 years old, the omega will be assigned a mate without having a choice. If you are lucky, you will get a good and loving mate. If you are unlucky, like Seunghyun, life turns worse.

“You will be fine. Everything will be alright. Don’t worry” Taekwoon comforts the youngest and pulls him into his arms. The other four look at the youngest in sympathy as well. They can understand the youngest’s concerns. They have gone through the stage and it is lucky that they have found their lover even before that.

“We will not let anything happen to you.” Wonshik says sternly. It is the best if Jaehwan is either alpha or beta. Even if the youngest happened to be omega, he will not let Jaehwan to go through miserable life. He will make sure of that and he knows that his friends will, too.

“Thank you” Jaehwan says and asks for a group hug in which they immediately gather together and hug each other.

“Food is always the best when you have worries. Let’s go eat” Sanghyuk says when they pull away from the group hug. The others nod and they leave the forest to grab a late lunch at a restaurant nearby.

As they walk to the restaurant, Taekwoon can’t help but worries for Jaehwan more. The youngest has been quiet throughout the 15 minutes which is quite rare and impossible, given that Jaehwan is quite talkative at times. He then walks over to walk beside Jaehwan.

“Don’t worry, I’m here for you” Taekwoon says softly and pulls the younger towards him by the shoulder.

Jaehwan looks up with a smile and nods; “I know” he says softly and looks at Taekwoon with admiration.


Enjoy reading :D