Chapter 9: Apologize

Pup or puppy?

Jaehwan lies on his bed. He has stopped crying 10 minutes ago. He is now staring at the ceiling while hugging his pillow. He does not know and can’t even think of the reason behind Taekwoon’s harsh action earlier. It is also the first time the elder raises his voice at him. He is also upset due to the elder’s harsh words. It is also the first time he cries so hard other than the times that he was bullied in school.

Jaehwan pouts and hugs his knee closes to himself. Taekwoon is his favourite among his five elder best friends. He had thought about that on day Taekwoon will find his mate and leaves him, but he didn’t think that the elder will push him away. He sighs, yeah right.. I’m the only omega among them.. maybe he is embarrassed of me, he thinks and feels like crying again. Unlike his friends who are strong, he is obviously the weakest one among them, causing them to always worry about him, taking care of him.

He picks up his phone which he threw on the floor earlier. There are a lot of missed calls from them, especially Hakyeon. He smiles slightly because he can feel that his friends really care about him. He smiles while remembering one time that Sanghyuk asked him to rank his favourite hyung. He answered the question shyly, “Taekwoonie hyung, then Wonshikie hyung, then Sanghyukie hyung and Hongbinie hyung and Hakyeonie hyung~”. He remembers that Taekwoon and Wonshik smiled brightly at his answer while Hakyeon pouted, whining that he should be the first one instead.

After calming himself and feeling slightly better, he decides to call Hongbin. As much as he wants to be alone, he doesn’t want the others to be worry.

J: Hello?

HB: Jaehwan? Are you okay?

By the moment Hongbin answers the phone, Jaehwan knows that they are still together at Sanghyuk’s house. He can hear Hakyeon’s voice clearly, whining that he wants to talk on phone instead.

J: Yeah.. I’m fine.. no worries..

HB: Are you sure? Do you want me to come over to accompany you?

J: Its okay hyung.                                    

HB: Alright, just call me if you need anything

After few minutes of pursuing, the elder finally gives up to come to accompany him, giving him some time to be alone. Jaehwan sighs and puts his phone on the table, but not before he changes it to silent mode.

After spending an hour sulking on his bed, Jaehwan decides to leave his house. He feels like its better to walk around better than staying in his quiet room.

He decides to go to the lake in the forest. He always finds comfort by being around the lake. He feels calm, comfort and comfortable.

He uses the usual path to the lake. The path is highly recommended and favored among the wolves as it is covered with tall trees and thick bushes which protect them from being easily noticed by the hunters.

A sudden rough movement from the bushes behind him makes his stop abruptly and turns around to check the source. Much to his relieve, its not from hunters or some wild animals. He finds a cute rabbit in front of him. He smiles at the cute fluffy little creature.

Just as he wants to crouch down to pet the rabbit, it runs away. Jaehwan pouts and whines, “Why even you don’t like me!”

Jaehwan decides to follow the rabbit since he has nothing better to do for now. He has thought maybe he should follow in his wolf form by the rabbit may be scared so he decides follow the rabbit in his human form carefully.

Without him knowing, he is approaching the other side of the forest. He doesn’t pay much attention to the surrounding until the rabbit finally stops after him chasing after it for 20 minutes.

He smiles and squads down, facing the rabbit. He giggles a bit when the rabbit just stays in front of him, not running away again.

Taekwoon who hears some noise from the ground, decides to come down from his tree house. As much as it will be safer to stay in the tree house, he is too curious to stay in it. He then climbs down the tree carefully. As soon as he reaches the ground, he approaches the ‘stranger’ carefully.

As he approaches and examines the other’s back, it shocks him as the other reminds him of someone, or rather, Jaehwan. He is contemplating whether he should turn around and leave or just approach the other.

Jaehwan who hears some noises behind him stands up and turns around.

“Hyung?!” Jaehwan exclaims in shock and his doe eyes widen.

“Jaehwan ah” Taekwoon calls softly.

Jaehwan takes few steps back and looks at his own feet. Taekwoon sighs in sadness at the younger’s action. This is the first time that Jaehwan avoids him and it hurts him so much.

“Hyungie hates me…” Jaehwan whispers softly and starts to cry again.

“No no no” Taekwoon says and immediately goes forward and hugs the younger.

“Hyung?” Jaehwan is now confused, he thought the elder hates him but now the elder is hugging him.

Taekwoon pulls away after a while and takes in a big breath.

“Jaehwan ah, look at me” he says softly and encourages the younger to look at him.

Jaehwan looks up with teary eyes and Taekwoon swears that his heart hurts as well.

“Hyung is sorry. Hyung has been foolish” Taekwoon starts.

“I thought I was brave enough but I was a coward.. When I saw you crying before I ran out from the house, I felt so regret and disappointed at myself. I thought I will never hurt you, protect you from any harm.. but I hurt you with my foolish action..” Taekwoon continues.

“Hyung..” Jaehwan says softly, it is the first time he is the usual strong and intimidating aura alpha being so timid and careful. The elder is usually fierce and not one who will apologize easily.

Taekwoon raises his hand up, stopping the younger to continue talking.

“Jaehwan ah.. Hyung loves you a lot.. Its not those brotherhood-kind of love. I love you as in I want to be with you, protect you as your alpha, I will cherish you will all my might” Taekwoon confesses.

“Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks with courage and smiles slightly at the younger.

Jaehwan does not know what he should do. To be honest, he really doesn’t think much about dating and falling in love. He knows that Taekwoon owns a special place in his heart but he doubt whether it is love or just brotherly love. He thinks back to the time that Taekwoon has protected him from the hunters, shielded from the wild bear with his large wolf frame. The elder looked after him when he was sick for days after drenching in the heavy rain. The elder sacrificed his sleep to tutor him so that he can pass his exams. The more he thinks of it, the more he can confirm his feelings towards the elder.

“Jaehwan ah?” Taekwoon calls softly, afraid that he might scare the younger for the second time for the day.

“Yes I do” Jaehwan says shyly and looks up while blushing.

“What? What?” Taekwoon shocks at the answer and looks at the younger for confirmation.

“I said I do.” Jaehwan says and hits the elder’s chest lightly.

“Cute” Taekwoon says and chuckles.

“Hyungie~” Jaehwan whines.

“Love you so much, my little cutie omega Jaehwanie” Taekwoon says lovingly and leans downwards to peck the younger’s forehead.

My alpha.. Jaehwan thinks and smiles while he is in the elder’s embrace. 


Enjoy reading! 

I know that this story is very much different from the usual wolf!au story and I'm sorry if it disappoints you all.

Anyway, this story will end soon. Thanks for those who like this story :)