Chapter 3: School day

Pup or puppy?

It’s lunch break and the five elder of the group are already gathered at their usual table in the cafeteria.

“Let’s play a game. The three losers will be going to get lunch for all of us” Sanghyuk suggests with an evil smile. Although the cafeteria serves a wide variety of food and most of them taste delicious, it is a pain in the when it comes to queuing. The rest of them nod as agreement, praying silent to avoid from doing that troublesome job.

“Hyungssss~~ are you guys playing? Hwannie wants to join too!” Jaehwan says as he reaches the table. He sees that his hyungs are playing a game together. He pouts silently; I want to play with hyung too.

“We are playing game to choose the losers to get lunch for all of us” Wonshik explains as he pats the empty seat beside him, a gesture to signal the youngest to sit beside him.

After five minutes of a super loud and noisy gaming sessions, the losers are finally chosen. The three losers are Hongbin, Sanghyuk and Jaehwan. Hongbin whines and protests, unhappy of the results, even frustrated as he sees the long queue; Sanghyuk just sighs, accept the fact while Jaehwan is just excited as he seldom gets to queue to get his food since the elders always do it for him.

“Lets go hyung! I’m hungry!” Jaehwan says happily and stands up from his seat.

Hongbin chuckles a bit at the youngest’s cuteness. “At least it is our cute maknae is going with me” Hongbin says and follows the youngest with Sanghyuk by his side.

“Ahjumma~ we will have six lunch sets, thank you” Jaehwan says politely as three of them place the tray in front of the counter.

“Awwww.. aren’t you the cutest? Ahjumma will give you extra pieces of fried dumpling.” The ahjumma says and the boys smiles happily at that. Who will reject free food tho?

“Are you okay? Hyung can help you to carry the milk” Sanghyuk says as he sees Jaehwan is struggling to carry the two lunch sets. Jaehwan just shakes his head lightly, insisting that he is able to do it.

“Food!” Wonshik exclaims when he sees the three approach them with their lunch. The usually quiet Taekwoon also shows excitement in his eyes at the mention and sight of food.

“Thanks to our cutie, we all have extra fried dumplings today” Hongbin says and reaches over to pinch Jaehwan’s cheek when Hakyeon why there are extra dumplings on the plate in compared to other days.

“I’m full” Jaehwan announces and pats his now bloated stomach due to the food although he has only 70% of the food. “Then can hyung finish your food?” Sanghyuk, eyes shining as he sees the remaining food on Jaehwan’s plate, he is still not full yet although he had finished his portion. Jaehwan nods and pushes his tray towards Sanghyuk.

“You eat too much” Hakyeon comments as he sees Sanghyuk is eating again.

“You’re just jealous that I’m bigger in size and taller than you” Sanghyuk replies, stuck his tongue out to mock the eldest of the group.

“Hyung, I will leave first, okay? I will see you all after class later” Jaehwan says. The other five arch their brows as there is still another 30 minutes for their lunch break and their classes are not that far away from the cafeteria.

“There is still 30 minutes, Hwannie” Taekwoon says, he is planning silently that he will offer to walk the youngest to the class later.

“I need to go the art room to get some supplies for my upcoming assignment” Jaehwan explains. He is the only one in the group who takes art as elective. Taekwoon had tried to attend the class with him but the elder quitted the class after a day. Taekwoon defended himself saying that he suits sport more while Jaehwan mocked his ‘excellent’ drawing skills.

“Okay. We will see you later. Be careful” Hakyeon says and waves goodbye to the youngest.

---- After class ----

Jaehwan is already waiting at the school’s entrance, a big bag of art supplies beside him.

“Jaehwanie!” Wonshik greets him while giving him a back hug. Jaehwan giggles and hits the elder’s arm.

“Stop hugging him like he is your property!” Hongbin protests and pulls Jaehwan towards him.

“Guys. Stop creating a scene” Taekwoon says quietly, his originally free hand is already reaching out to take the big bag of art supplies.

Like any other school day, they will go to one of their houses and do their homework together. Today, as planned, they will be going Sanghyuk’s house.

“My parents will not be home until late evening. So you all are free to be noisy and loud as you want” Sanghyuk says as he opens the door for his friends.

“Let’s start working so that we can finish it fast.” Jaehwan says, he is usually the one who will give up as soon as he encounters with hard questions.

“Hyung~ I can’t solve this” Jaehwan whines and pushes his math workbook towards Taekwoon who is the best in mathematics among them.

Taekwoon smiles and teaches the youngest patiently, explaining every single detail to the youngest. Although Jaehwan is smart, he is always helpless when it comes to mathematics.

“There. Do you get it?” Taekwoon asks as he finished explaining the question and Jaehwan nods with a wide smile.

“DONE!!!” all of them chorus after 2 hours of non stop working on their homework.

“I’m hungry” Sanghyuk says and walks to the kitchen.

“You are always hungry” Hongbin says but follow his friend to the kitchen.

“Wait. Can you cook?” Wonshik asks Sanghyuk with confusion. As far as he knows, Sanghyuk can’t cook anything except instant noodles.

“Hwannie will make fried rice for hyungs” Jaehwan exclaims as he examines the refrigerator. Although to others it may seem rude to just simply open others’ refrigerator, they are so closed that they don’t really care about that.

“Jaehwannie~ feeds hyung~hyung is going to starve” Sanghyuk whines and latches himself onto Jaehwan who is now cutting vegetables and meat.

“Hyung~ go wait. It will be ready soon.” Jaehwan says and pushes the elder away from him.

The five elders decide to wait for the youngest at the dining table. It is a cute scene for them to see the youngest is busy himself with cooking, Jaehwan will even pout unconsciously when he is focus.

“Done!” Jaehwan announces and serves six plates of fried rice on the table.

“Does it taste nice?” Jaehwan asks and earn nods from the others. Taekwoon pats the youngest’s head as appreciation.

Before they go back to their respective home, the group of friends have planned to have a run in the forest again soon.

 


Enjoy reading :D