Chapter 8: Outburst

Pup or puppy?

Taekwoon transforms into his wolf form as soon as he reaches the border of the forest. He runs freely in the forest, not minding the bushes or tree branches which block his way. He is running madly as he is feeling angry. He wants to release his anger. He is angry at himself, disappointed at himself to be exact.

---- Flashback ----

The group of friends had gathered at Sanghyuk’s house to spend some quality time together. It was Hakyeon’s idea as they didn’t know where to go and what to do. The group of friends agreed easily without any objection.

Since there weren’t other people other than them in the house, they plopped down on the couch comfortably without minding others. Wonshik and Hakyeon occupied the two-person couch while Hongbin, Sanghyuk and Taekwoon took the longer couch; Jaehwan settles himself on the carpet, head leaned on Sanghyuk’s thigh comfortably.

Sanghyuk played with Jaehwan’s soft hair while switching the channels. They sighed five minutes later as they couldn’t find any nice show to watch. Hongbin came in the living room with a bottle of juice and empty cups, he whined “Nothing to watch? Its getting bored”.

Jaehwan nodded and pouted, the five elder laughed at his cuteness. “Our little baby is the cutest. Isn’t he?” Hakyeon said and the others nodded while Jaehwan pouted even more at the statement. As much as he enjoyed being taken care and loved by the others, he didn’t like it when the others babied him too much.

“Meanie” Jaehwan grumbled and took a cup of juice. Taekwoon smiled lightly and patted the younger’s head. “Hyungie is the best. Hyungie doesn’t tease me as much as the others” Jaehwan said and grinned at Taekwoon. The elder blushed and looked away.

“Let’s just talk!” Hakyeon said excitedly and grinned. The others groaned because the meanings of talk mean that the eldest would be asking or bringing up embarrassing questions or topics. Wonshik shaked his head as he knew that sometimes his boyfriend could be so embarrassing to a point that he would like to bury himself in a hole.

“Hyukie~ Binnie~ So how’s your relationship going? Have you guys done ‘it’ already?” Hakyeon asked with an evil grin. Wonshik immediately apologized at the couple for his boyfriend’s bluntness.

“What’s wrong with the question? Wonshik and I have done it and we like it” Hakyeon said without shame, not minding the other five who were blushing or embarrassed at the topic.

“Hyung. Stop it. Looks at Jaehwan. That kid is all red” Wonshik said and moved to comfort Jaehwan who seem shocked at the topic.

“Opps. Sorry” Hakyeon said with a silly grin and the others shaked their head.

Jaehwan pouted and seek comfort from his Wonshik hyung. He hugged the elder, “Hyungie is weird” he whined.

“Forgive your Hakyeon hyung. He can be stupid sometimes” Hongbin mocked.

“Lets talk about other things” Taekwoon said after others calm down from the embarrassing moment.

“We should do some planning for our sem break. Its precious and I don’t want to waste it spending it in my house” Sanghyuk said.

“Should we have camp at the forest again?” Hongbin asked.

“Maybe we should try travel to somewhere further” Hakyeon added.

“Is there you want to do?” Wonshik asked Jaehwan softly, the younger who was just recovered.

“Anything will be fun if with hyungs~” Jaehwan said cutely and the others cooed at him.

After changing few topics, it became silent again. Hongbin and Hakyeon volunteered to prepare some snacks for all of them. The other four remained on their seats, doing nothing particularly.

When the two came back with snacks, the living room became lively again due to the presence of food.

“Jaehwanie” Hongbin called and the youngest looked up with half of the sandwich still hanging in his mouth.

“Do you.. perhaps want to be in a relationship?” Hongbin asked. Taekwoon looked up immediately, for the first time something actually could distract him from food.

Jaehwan finished the other half sandwich and took a sip of juice. He then looked up with his innocent doe eyes and answered the question “I don’t know? More like I didn’t really think about it”. Jaehwan shrugged and reached over for second sandwich.

Taekwoon both relieved and disappointed. He felt relieved as the younger was not interested in anyone but disappointed as it sounded like the younger still had no intention to get into a relationship.

“Maybe its because you are too precious! Innocent like a baby!” Sanghyuk said and pinched the younger’s chubby cheek.

“Maybe you can consider our Taekwoonie! He will be a sweet boyfriend for you. He is the one of the best alpha to protect our little cutie omega” Hakyeon said excitedly, not noticing the glare from the alpha.

Hongbin and Sanghyuk gulped as they saw the mentioned alpha’s eyes seemed darken.

“Taekwoonie~ Aren’t you going to be the best boyfriend ever?” Hakyeon teased from his seat, not noticing the changed of atmosphere in the living room.

“Hyung. Don’t mind their business” Wonshik said softly beside Hakyeon, as he sensed Taekwoon was getting irritated at the sudden outburst.

“I don’t like him okay! He is just a little brother!” Taekwoon said, denying his own feelings for the younger. Then, he stood up and left the house. Before he left, he turned around and found that Jaehwan had tears pooling in his eyes. He then ran out with speed.

---- Flashback end ----

At the same time, Jaehwan seems shock at the elder’s outburst. He trembles a little and hugs his knee close to himself. “Taekwoonie hyung hates me” he says softly and tears finally fall.

“Its not like that. Jaehwannie, I’m so sorry” Hakyeon apologizes, feeling guilty that he sudden excitement have led to this situation.

“I want to go home” Jaehwan says and stands up. “I will send you home” Hongbin says immediately, not wanting to leave the younger alone when Jaehwan is so upset.

“No. I want to be alone” Jaehwan says and leaves immediately.

The remaining four sigh in despair. This is the first time Taekwoon being so angry and Jaehwan being so upset.

“Guys. I’m so sorry” Hakyeon apologizes and looks at his own feet.

“Maybe its time for them to realize their feelings. Give them some time” Sanghyuk says, decides to clean up the table as the others have no intention to eat anymore.

After 10 minutes of non stop running with his highest speed, Taekwoon finally reaches his destination. It is deep inside the jungle, an area in which rarely has people come to, even the wolves don’t come here as it is literally the other side of the jungle.

It is small empty area which surrounded by tall trees. In between of the trees, there is a tree house on one of them. Taekwoon have built it himself, that place is his hideout, his comfort zone other than his house.

He climbs up the tree and gets into the tree house. He smiles sadly at the decoration. As cheesy as he can be, he decorates the small space with photos that he had taken with Jaehwan, as well as the drawings that given by the younger.

He sighs and lies down, feeling so upset. He does not why he responded in that way, maybe its because he is not ready yet, or maybe its because he is afraid of rejection. He sighs again, without him knowing, a tear falls.

Jaehwan must be so upset because of me, he thinks. Taekwoon can imagine Jaehwan cries alone in his blanket, ignoring his own family and friends.

Jaehwan ah, hyung is so sorry for being such a coward…


Enjoy reading! :D

I will try to update as often as possible.