Chapter 6: Full moon

Pup or puppy?

Today is the day, the full moon.

Jaehwan wakes up from his 2 hours of sleep due to his nonstop ringing alarm. He pouts and switches off the alarm, feeling grumpy because he has not prepared himself mentally for the day.

He had a hard time to fall asleep last night. He was so nervous and anxious that even the talk with his parents did not calm him down. Although they kept telling him that there’s nothing for him to be worried for but Jaehwan knows that he is not ready, he wanted to be his current state instead.

After staring at the ceiling for 2 hours without doing anything, he decided to call Taekwoon for a talk. Although all his friends treat him well and dote on him a lot, he finds the comfort and protection from Taekwoon the most. The presence of Taekwoon alone enough to make him feel calm and safe. However, unlike Taekwoon, Jaehwan does not know why he is feeling that.

Jaehwan decides to leave his bed and go to shower to prepare himself for the day. The ceremony will be at night so he will be free during the day time. He goes into the kitchen after changing into some comfortable shirt from his pyjamas.

“Umma, appa. Good morning” he greets with a smile. His father nods while his mother comes over to pecks his forehead.

“My son. Are you ready?” his father asks as his mother serves them breakfast.

“I don’t know?” Jaehwan answers unsurely and pouts.

“Just remember that we will love you regardless of your rank” his father says with a warm smile and Jaehwan finds himself to smile sincerely for the first time in the week.

“I love you” Jaehwan walks over and hugs his father tightly. To him, his father is his source of strength, supports him with all his heart, same to his mother.

“The ceremony will be held at night. What are you going to do later?” his mother asks.

Jaehwan shrugs, to be honest, he does not have any plan for the day.

“Appa and I are going to help to set up for the ceremony. We will not be at home.” His mother says and Jaehwan only nods in response.

“We will leave first. Sweetie, we will see you at the ceremony, okay?” his mother says sweetly and Jaehwan only smiles at his parents.

Jaehwan pouts and decides to spend his time with drawing. He has no intention to call his friends since he knows that his friends will call him sooner or later.

He picks up his pencil and starts drawing without much thought.

To his expect, his phone rings when its near lunch time. He sighs and puts down the pencil to pick up the call.

“Hello?”

“Jaehwanieeeeee~ Where are you?” Hakyeon’s loud and bubbly voice can be heard and Jaehwan suddenly feels so annoyed.

“Home” Jaehwan answers shortly and softly. To be honest, he wants to stay alone. He does now know why but he is afraid of the ceremony, maybe he is too nervous. It does not help him when his friends who have to attend the ceremony are nervous as well. Their group chat fills with worries and concerns.

“Did you have lunch?” Hakyeon asks again, the noise in the background indicates that his five elder friends have gathered together.

“No. but..” Hakyeon interrupts Jaehwan’s sentence, saying that they will come over with food and ends the phone call.

Jaehwan sighs and throws his phone mindlessly onto the bed.

Later, he welcomes his friends with a half-hearted smile. They have brought along his favourite pizza and cakes. Jaehwan smiles a little at the food.

“Are you okay?” Taekwoon asks softly, standing beside Jaehwan who is getting some plates. The younger nods slightly and the elder sighs.

“Jaehwan ah~ aren’t you excited?” Sanghyuk asks excitedly. Among them, Sanghyuk was the most excited when he was going to mature.

“My baby is growing up” Hakyeon whines and Wonshik only pats the elder’s back.

“Our Jaehwannie gonna be a beautiful wolf for sure” Hongbin says and pats the youngest’s head. When they mature under the full moon, their wolf forms will have some changes, as well as their human forms. Like the alpha, their wolf forms will be much larger than before, strong and muscular limps while their human forms will emit the charisma aura and their features become more prominent. The beta, their wolf forms will be slightly bigger than before, lean and fit without much change in their human forms. The omega usually will not have any changes in their human forms, yet when they transform into wolf, they have the special scent which distinguish them from others, the size of their wolf usually remain and their features will be much softer than the others.

“Hyunggggg” Jaehwan whines due to shyness and focuses on his food instead.                                                 

After the lunch, Sanghyuk and Wonshik volunteer to clean the dining area while the others decide to watch some variety show.

Jaehwan sits beside Taekwoon and snuggles against the elder’s side. To him, it is something normal for him to do as he always cuddles with his friend, not knowing that the elder is actually being nervous and blushing innerly.

They remain silent for the next 2 hours before Jaehwan stands up to answer a phone call.

Jaehwan come back minutes later and says, “Umma says that I should go to the forest now”

The others nods and grabs their jackets before leaving.

When they reach the forest, there is already a big group of wolves at the center of the large ground, who waiting for the full moon for transformation.

“Sweetie, you are here! Transform into you wolf and join them.” Jaehwan mother says and urges her son to transform.

Jaehwan nods and transformed into his wolf.

“We will be here waiting for you” Wonshik says before Jaehwan heads off to the crowd.

Jaehwan, being one of the few white wolves is easy to spot among the crowd.

2 hours pass and finally the time is now. The wolves growl and howl while looking high up at the full moon.

“Can’t believe that I gone through it 3 years ago. I feel old” Hakyeon says while looking at the group of wolves. Wonshik chuckles and pulls his boyfriend closer to him.

“Because you are old!” the Hyukbin couple choruses and laughs among themselves.

Despite his friends’ loud noise and so, Taekwoon’s eyes only focus on Jaehwan who is standing among the crowd. He smiles softly, Jaehwan is so undeniably beautiful.

“Our Taekwoonie is ogling his future mate” Hongbin teases and earn a glare from the elder.

“What? Even the blind ones can feel your love for him. Don’t deny it” Hongbin says, not minding the death glare.

The loud growl catches their attention, signaling that the ceremony is almost done.

Jaehwan growls along the group as feels the changes within himself. By the time the ceremony ends, he knows that himself is an omega due to his scent. He does not know whether he should be happy or not but at least he knows he that himself is not an alpha material.

Jaehwan then heads to his parents, still in his wolf. His parents are smiling at him proudly.

Jaehwan transforms back into his human form and hugs his parents. “I’m sorry for not being an alpha” Jaehwan apologizes softly.

“It’s okay. You are our son and nothing will change that” his father says and his mother nods.

“Jaehwannie! You are a grown up wolf like us! No longer a pup!” Hakyeon exclaims excitedly and approach the family.

“So cute. Our little omega” Hongbin cooes and pinches the younger’s cheek.

“Thank you for always being with Jaehwan. We appreciate that a lot” Jaehwan’s father says.

The group of friends nod and smile.

“Jaehwan is kind and nice to be with. And he is cute. Of cause we dote on him a lot” Wonshik says and all of them chuckle while Jaehwan pouts.

“I’m tired” Jaehwan says out of sudden and the others laugh again.

“Lets go home. You have gone through a lot today” Jaehwan’s mother says.

“Let’s hang out tomorrow okay?” Hongbin asks Jaehwan who is yawning.

“Is it okay for Jaehwan to go out with us tomorrow?” Sanghyuk asks politely.

Jaehwan’s mother laughs and answers “You don’t need to ask. If is you guys, I’m always approve. I know that you all will not hurt my son and will protect him. I will only worry if suddenly he goes out with other people that I don’t know”

“Thank you” Taekwoon says softly.

They share a group hug before departing.

Before Jaehwan leaves, Taekwoon walks over to hug the younger.

“Sleep well, okay? See you tomorrow” Taekwoom murmurs softly beside the younger’s ears, not minding the mischievous smiles on his friends’ face and the knowing smile on Jaehwan’s parents’ face.

“Bye hyungs~ See you guys tomorrow!” Jaehwan says happily before he leaves with his parents.

“Your pup is mature and ready to be claimed” Hongbin says beside Taekwoon and earns a smack on his head by the elder.

Taekwoon stares at Jaehwan’s back until the younger out of his sight.

Jaehwan ah, I love you. 


Enjoy reading! :D 

Sorry for the late update and the not really good chapter ><