Lost Flickers

The Reincarnation of Lee Donghae

 

Listen to 숨 (Breath) by BEAST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gg2KMJc7mk

The set was ready. The dancers were ready. The director was ready.

Aiden wasn’t.

“Aiden, this was your idea. Are you backing out?” The manager looked away when he received a glare. Aiden took a deep breath in and after sipping on a bottle of water, walked out of the van. Confidently, Aiden strolled next to the tall and slender back-up dancers, shrugging off their stares and whispers.

“Mr. Lee, are you ready?” Sungmin stood behind the camera, apprehensive. In response, Aiden tore open his shirt. Sungmin squeaked.

“Sir! That was a custom-made—”

“Shut up, Minnie Mouse.” Aiden spiked up his hair with the water around him and took his position. “The fans love it.”

Sungmin mutely nodded then cleared his throat. “LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!”

The song started, with Aiden moving to his celebrity friend Minho’s voice. Finally, his voice joined in. The lyrics sung about heartbreak and while the rhythm and tune were anything but sad, no one in the set doubted Aiden’s talent as he expressed the mood without missing out on the catchy steps.

The shooting for the water scene ended and after a good two hours break, Aiden jumped in front of the camera with electrical fans throwing wind his way, stylishly pushing his hair and shirt away from his well-toned abs. Following the air concept was earth, which took four hours to prepare. Red sand was poured all over the floor while Aiden decided to go shirtless. “It’s raw,” he reasoned and Sungmin became the nth victim of the infamous face-palm.

“Let’s just get this over with!” he shouted and strapped on the suspenders of his fire-fighter costume. Sungmin suggested he wear the helmet too, but Aiden complained and got his way. Once the final dance sequence started, the atmosphere of the shoot had improved. The crew had been given a glimpse of Aiden Lee’s professionalism, dispelling all rumours of him being insincere. The female staff fought back their desire to scream when Aiden danced on the raising platform, his body glistening with the oil applied on it. Everything was perfect and Aiden couldn’t help but feel a little happy too.

The fireblowers went off.

With Aiden’s adlibs still left, the pipes on each corner of the stage blew out fire. Aiden’s body stiffened and his eyes widened. His head started hurting and suddenly, everything was spinning. He could hear voices, but they didn’t belong to the people around him. He saw images, black and white, silver-lined, a skating rink and with the last spout of fire, he saw a girl’s face.

Dazed, Aiden fell off the stage, his head hitting the floor. The last thing he heard was his manager shouting for an ambulance and scolding the crew.

“How could you guys not know this?? Aiden has a phobia of fire!”