My Noona

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 4 minutes -

{my Noona}

 

 

 

“Yah!” A voice shouted from far. “Stop bullies my brother!” a 15 years old girl with sport attire run toward the group of boys who were currently attacking her brother – bully.

                “Oh shot, it’s his sister!” One boy suddenly said – probably the leader – as soon as he saw the older girl run toward them. He looked to his other friends and gestured them to stop kicking. “Run!” he gave the que and all of them run off.

                “Yah, don’t run. Come here-”

                “-Noona,” The little boy, 9 in age, stopped his sister from catching the other boys. “It’s okay.”

                “But-”

                “I’m okay.” He tried to comfort his sister.

                The girl let out a sigh, gave up as she saw her brother pleaded her. “Cheondung-ah, are you really okay?” she asked again while dusting off some dirt’s on his cloths.

                Cheondung nodded his head. “I’m okay, Dara noona.” He lied though. It hurt badly with the amount of kicking he got but he didn’t want his sister to be all worry about him he really didn’t want that.

                Even though her brother said that he was okay, Dara didn’t buy it. Even so, she didn’t say anything. Seeing how her brother tried to be strong, tried to not make her worried, she felt nothing but proud. In the end, she just smiled.

...

                Cheondung was in his room, looking at his homework. Feeling so frustrated as he couldn’t solve the questions. It annoyed him so much.

                 A knock was heard; Cheondung instantly looked toward the door. It was his sister by the door.

                Dara walked closer toward him and asked, “Are you doing your homework?”

                The innocent Cheondung nodded head, looking sadly at his homework.

                Dara saw the sad face of her brother. She chuckled knowing that her brother seemed to have problem with his homework. “Let me help you.” She said as she sat next to him.

                Cheondung was hesitated at first but agreed in the end. His sister continued on helping, guiding and tutoring him. He felt grateful and happy but in the same time he felt guilty and sad. He was happy that his sister helped him but he felt sad because he was a burden to her.

                “Noona, I think I can do now. Sorry I’m bothering you.”

                Dara chuckled. “No you’re not.” She then walked out from the room and off to her room.

                After Dara had disappeared from his sight, he continued on doing his homework hard, not wanting to disappoint his sister.

 

 

 

 

                Cheondung lay on his bed. His room was now dark as it was supposed to be sleep time, but his eyes were wide opened which so unlikely for the 9 years old kid.

                Cheondung stared at the ceiling and thought about his self. He was being a bad brother toward his sister, and he didn’t like it at all. He wasn’t strong enough. He was weak. He was always been bullied and his sister was always there to help him. He wasn’t clever enough. He would always good poor grades. When he had trouble with his homework, his sister would always there to help.

 Of course, Cheondung was happy that his sister cared and loved him. He liked it but, he started to think he was a burden to her. He didn’t want her to be worry, to be sad, to be tired. He wanted for her to be happy.

He wanted to change himself.

 

 

 

 

“Mom, I want to take taekwondo class.” Cheondung suddenly said to his mother.

His mother, Mrs. Park almost choked by her drink with her son confession out of nowhere. She looked at his eyes, full of determination. She wondered why. “Oh, okay.”

“Thanks mom. I won’t disappoint you guys.” Cheondung then hugged his mother before he walked to his room.

Mrs. Park knew her only son was getting bullied – Dara told her – and any mother would felt sad by it. She didn’t want to see her son getting hurt but knowing that taekwondo might at least protect him, she felt a little relief. For a nine year old kid, she couldn’t help but to feel that her son was too mature by his own age.

 

 

 

 

Every day, every single day, Cheondung would be either i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter