misunderstanding

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 minutes

 

{Misunderstanding}

 

 

"Oppa... Oppa!" Naeun called him but he didn't shout back or turned to her, he just walked away. Naeun ran to him. She caught his arm and held it but he didn't let her.

Naeun stood there while he walked away. With tears in her eyes, she shouted, "Oppa! Junhyung Oppa!"

 

Junhyung stopped but he didn't turn to her.

 

Upon seeing him stopped, Naeun shouted, "Why? Why are you mad at me? Why Oppa?"

 

Junhyung still silent listening to her as he was controlling his anger.

 

"Oppa!" Naeun shouted and ran to him. She stood in front of him with tears in her eyes, "What's wrong, oppa?"

 

Naeun kept on asking and asking until Junhyung couldn't control his anger, he shouted at her, "Wrong? There's nothing wrong with me." Then he continued, "It was you!"

 

*Flash back*

Junhyung was searching for his dearest girl friend. He looked everywhere but couldn’t find her. “Hmm… where is she? Let’s see, oh! I haven’t search at the roof.” He said and started running to the roof.

Junhyung ran to the stairs and walked up. The door, that lead toward to the roof was opened, so he thought Naeun saw there. He was in front the door and he caught slightly of Naeun’s back. He smiled and started to called her, “Nae-”

Junghyun then stopped as he saw she was with someone else. Then, he heard their conversation.

“Gikwang oppa, please don’t let Junhyung know about this.”

“Arraso. I’m sure he wouldn’t know about this.”

“I’m worried.”

“Don’t worry. I’m sure he wouldn’t know.” Gikwang said as he put his hand on her head, patted her.

Junhyung’s eyes were in red. He made a fist, controlling his anger. There is one thing that in his mind now; His girlfriend, Naeun with his best friend, Gikwang. Junhyung walked back to his class, not wanting to see them.

*End Flash back*

 

"Oppa?" Naeun called him softly.

 

"Don't call me oppa anymore. I had enough with you." Junghyung said and looked to his left as he couldn't look to her face.

 

Naeun confused. As far as she remembered, she didn't do anything wrong. So, she asked him, "Why?"

 

"Why?" Junghyung laughed. Then he stopped laughing and looked to her with his serious eyes and said, "If you think you can fool me, you’re wrong! We are over!"

 

"What? Oppa, what are you talking about?"

 

"Just go to your Gikwang. Leave me alone. I'm sure you will be so happy." Junghyung said annoyed.

 

"Gikwang oppa? I don't understand oppa." Naeun asked yet confused.

 

"Don't understand? Let me tell you, I already know you had cheated on me, Naeun and the guy is my best friend. I had enough!" Junghyung yelled at her.

 

Hearing those words Naeun immediately denied, “I didn’t cheat on you oppa.”

 

“Don’t denied, Naeun. I had listened what you guys said at the roof this morning.”

 

“Roof?” then Naeun remembered. She bit her lips as he was misunderstanding about it. She wanted to say the real thing and explained to him but she couldn’t.

 

“Can’t say anything, huh?”

 

“No, oppa… It just that…”Naeun couldn’t say it.

 

“What?”

 

“But trust me oppa, I didn’t cheat on you.

 

“I’m afraid I can’t trust you anymore.” Junhyung said and walked away. He didn’t want to lose her as he loved her so much but he didn’t want to be hurt. The pain was so painful and it hurt so much and the fact, that she was with his best friend it was so painful.

 

“Oppa…” Naeun mumbles as she looked he walked away leaving her. What am I going to do?

 

 

Gikwang was walking back from market. Then, he spotted his best friend, Junhyung, so he greeted him, “Hey, Bro!”

 

Junhyung didn’t glance at him or replied him. He just continued his walking, while Gikwang stood there dumbfound.

 

Gikwang felt weird by Junhyung behavior. He walked after him and said, “Hey, is there something wrong?” but Junhyung just walked off coldly. Feeling something wrong, he took out his phone and called Naeun. “Hello, Naeun.”

 

“Hello, oppa.”

 

“Is… there something wrong?” Gikwang carefully asked her. There was silent for a minute, so he said again, “Naeun?” Then, he heard she was crying in the line. “Hey, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

 

Naeun still crying and didn’t answered him so he said, “Is this about … Junhyung?”

 

“…yes…”

 

“What happen?”Gikwang asked. He then heard Naeun took a deep breath and started to tell him everything. “What? That stupid guy.” He said after she finished her story.

 

“Gikwang oppa…”

 

Gikwang felt sorry for Naeun. It was just a misunderstanding. “Cancel the plan.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said cancel the plan and tell him everything.”

 

“No.”

 

Junhyung raised his eyebrow, “Why?”

 

“I promised him this and I want to stick with the plan. Oppa, please don’t cancel it.”

 

Gikwang let out a sigh, “Naeun-ah.”

 

“Oppa please.”

 

“Arraso.” Gikwang gave up.

 

“Komawo oppa.”

 

“Okay, bye Naeun.” Gikwang said and the phone conversation was ended. He put back his phone and walked home.“Silly Junhyung…” he mumbled.

 

 

Next day, Junhyung acted so coldly towards on Naeun. He didn’t talk or looked at her. They acted like stranger even though they passed by to each other. Everyone felt weird but they didn’t care about it, while Gikwang didn’t like it. He wanted told Junhyung the truth but he had promised Naeun so he kept it quite. Meanwhile, B2ST sensed something wrong with the couple and Gikwang himself. Yoseob carefully asked Gikwang, “Hey what’s wrong with Junhyung? He used to lovely dovey with Naeun.”

 

Gikwang sighed as he heard Yoseob’s question. B2ST look to each other as they heard him sigh. Then, they looked to him waiting for his answered. Gikwang looked at them and started to tell them from A to Z.

 

“Gosh, what to do now?” Yoseob said.

 

“Let’s just stick to the plan. It’s almost the day, right?” Gikwang said.

 

B2ST nodded their head. “I hope everything is okay.” Yoseob said.

 

“I hope so too.” Gikwang said and sighed again.
 

 

Time past and it had been one week after the fight. As a couple, they of cause miss each other but they can’t admit it. Junhyung held on his pride even though he missed her so much. He missed hugging her, he missed her hair, he missed her beautiful eyes, he missed her smile, he missed her laughter, he missed everything about her but, and he knew she had cheated on him.

 

B2ST group consist of 6 members but now days, it can only seen 5 members. It’s either B2ST with Gikwang or B2ST with Junhyung. If there’s Gikwang, there’s no Junhyung and if there’s Junhyung, there’s no Gikwang. The B2ST become more worried about this but they trust their friendship and until the day came, hopefully everything would become normal.

 

In day, Naeun would force herself to smile and be happy while in night she would be crying. She didn’t eat properly as she didn’t have the mood to eat so she looked pale and weak.

 

Gikwang saw the changes of her. He was worried about her. He felt disappointed towards Junhyung as he didn’t care about her. So, he made his decision to drag her to the clinic.

 

“Naeun…”

 

“Huh, oppa. What?” Naeun asked him.

 

“Let’s go to the clinic, you looked sick.”

 

“Uh, it’s okay oppa.” Naeun declined his offer.

 

“Don’t lie. You looked pale. Just go with me.”

 

Naeun shook her head, “its okay oppa.”

 

Gikwang becoming annoyed with her so he held her hand and drag her to his motorcycle.

 

Naeun who was being dragged by him, tried to decline it, “Oppa, I don’t want to go.”

 

Gikwang didn’t let of his hand from her and drag her silently.

 

“Oppa-” Gikwang glared at Naeun making she shut up and agreed to go.

 

 

Meanwhile Junhyung, who was with B2ST, saw Naeun with Gikwang. He saw her hop on Gikwang’s bike and hugged him. Seeing them, jealous overpower him.

Yoseob who was listening to Dongwoon’s speech caught Junhyung didn’t paid attention to them. He looked at Junhyung eyeing and gasped. “Hyung…” Yoseob whispered. .

 

Junhyung stood up, “Sorry guys but I don’t have the mood to talk.” and walked away.

 

“Hyung~” Yoseob said as he looked Junhyung walked away.

 

The others looked at Junhyung and then looked at Yoseob. Dujun asked, “What’s wrong with him?”

 

Yoseob rolled his eyes, “What else.” He then pointed at Gikwang and Naeun. Then everyone let out a sigh.

 

 

After to the clinic, Gikwang brought Naeun to the beach to calm her down. Naeun sat down at the sandy beach and looked at the sky. Gikwang sat beside her and apologized.

 

Naeun was startled but then she smiled, “Oppa, its okay. It’s not your fault. I should be the one to say sorry.”

 

“Still-”

 

“-Oppa, don’t worry. I want to believe that he mad at me because he loves me. Let’s just stick to the plan.”

 

Gikwang shook his head seeing her stubbornness. Junhyung, you should thank me for talking care of your dearest girlfriend. He said in his mind, looking to the sea.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter