5 JUNE

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 minutes

 

{5 June}

 

 

5 June 2007 - A day that would be remember forever.

 

“Eunjung!”

 

Eunjung was listening to her mp3, while arranging her book at her locker. A smile craved in her face as a hand tap her shoulder. “Yes?” she said, while putting down her earphone.

 

“Oh, you’re listening to that. No wonder you didn’t heard me.”

 

Eunjung just laughed at him. “Hello, oppa.”

 

“Good morning sweetie.” He said while wrapping his arm around her body – hugging her.

 

She wrapped her arm around his neck, kissed him at his cheek and said, “Happy?”

 

“Of cause my dear, today is our special day.” He said with a smile in his face. It was their anniversary.

 

“Now, let go of me. We have to go to class.”

 

Jung Ilwoo smiled, “See you after school arraso?”

 

“Yes.”

 

 

After school, Eunjung was waiting for her dearest boyfriend in front of the school gate with earphone in her ears. She was humming to the music.

 

“Hey baby,”

 

“Hey,” Eunjung put her earphone down and smiled to him, “Let’s go.”

 

Jung Ilwoo held her hand and walked to her home. “Tonight, come to my house, arraso?”

 

“Uh, why?”

 

“What else? Celebrate with you.”

 

She giggled, “Oh, I thought we would go celebrate somewhere else.”

 

Jung Ilwoo smirked, “You’ll see tonight, I bet you would shock!”

 

“Oh, really? Okay then.”

 

“Don’t late, arraso.”

 

Eunjung nodded her head. He kissed her cheek.

 

 

That night, Jung Ilwoo at his garden’s house prepared a special dinner for his dearest girlfriend. He prepared with balloons, hearts, candles and all those romantic things he got from internet. After finished with the things, he called Eunjung.

 

Hey,

Hello.

Where are you?

Hmm… I’m at the bus stop.

Want me to get you?

No. you don’t have too. It’s not that far from your house.

Oh, okay. Come quickly. I’m worry.

Don’t worry. I’m okay. Bye bye.

Bye, I love you.

I love you too.

 

Jung Ilwoo put down his phone and walked to his house’s gate and waited for Eunjung. For some reason, he felt uneasy. Maybe I should just go and fetch her.

 

 

30 minutes had pasted, still no sign of Eunjung coming and Jung Ilwoo began to feel very uneasy and worried. He tried to call her but it went into voice mail. He tried 3 times and the result was still the same. Hence, he ran to find her. He searched at his home route, playground and park but still no Eunjung. He ran to the bus stop. His eyes were widened in fear. On the road he saw an amount of blood with ID card on the road. He picked up the card and looked at it. His heart beats even faster as he saw the owner of the card. It’s Eunjung. He tried to call the police but there was no accident been report. He called the hospital but there was no accident involve around that hour.

 

The next day, there still no sign of Eunjung. They made a police report, and the police conclude that Eunjung was missing. Jung Ilwoo was miserable. He just couldn’t believe that he had lost her.

 

 

5 years later. May 2012, Jung Ilwoo was driving his car to the countryside. He was given a vacation by his father from worked. “Eunjung, where are you?” he mumbled. He suddenly missed her.

 

It’s been 5 years Eunjung had missing. Her family had lost hope, only he didn’t. Jung Ilwoo couldn’t forget her, his princess.

 

Upon arriving to his destination, Jung Ilwoo parked his car. He took a deep breath and out from his car. He tried to smile, seeing a wonderful view in front him. Then, he began his walking. He walked into a shop. Then, he came out after having nothing to buy. He then stopped. His eyes were fixed in to something. He saw one figure. “Eunjung?” he said. Yes, he saw one figure, a girl that looked like Eunjung. He run to her and shouted her name, “Eunjung!!”

 

The girl looked her back as she heard her name.

 

The girl was Eunjung and he was sure it was her. Jung Ilwoo stopped as he looked directly at her face.

 

Eunjung realized that no one had ‘call’ her so she continued her walk.

 

Slowly, Eunjung began to disappear. Jung Ilwoo called her name again while running to her. Hoping she would turn to him.

 

“Eh?” Eunjung said as she heard her name. She turned to her back and saw a guy running towards her. She looked to her left then to her right. She carefully observed him and realized he was shouting her name.

 

Upon arriving in front of her, he felt his heart beats faster. He missed her so much that he hugged her while softly called her name, “Eunjung~”

 

The unknown guy’s action – hugged her, making Eunjung shocked. She felt warm by the hug but she tried to break the hug as she didn’t know the guy.

 

Jung Ilwoo realized that she was trying so hard to break the hug. He felt she was uneasy about it so he broke the hug and called her name, “Eunjung…”

 

After free from the hugging, Eunjung made her dress neatly and looked at him, “Yes?”

 

Jung Ilwoo felt weird on the way she replied him. She was too polite. He looked at her face silently.

 

As the guy didn’t reply her, Eunjung said, “Hello, do I know you?”

 

Eunjung’s question made Jung Ilwoo turned silent and confused. How could he not know her? How could he not remember her? She was his everything. She was his princess. She was his. Without her, he felt uncompleted.

 

“Eunjung!” Hyomin, Eunjung’s friend called her. Eunjung looked to her friend and smiled knowing what she gonna said. Seeing the guy still silent so she said politely, “I’m sorry, but I’m busy right now.” Even thought she didn’t know the guy, she knew her manner. She bowed to him and waved her hand to him, smiled. What a weird guy.

 

Jung Ilwoo just stood there watching her go. He was confused, confused with Eunjung. But that doesn’t mean he gave up. He will never give up because he was sure the lady was Eunjung for sure and something must had happened, after the accident 5 years ago.

 

 

“Who is that?” Hyomin asked Eunjung.

 

Eunjung shook her head, “I don’t know.” Then, she began to think carefully, if she had met with the guy. Nothing. Zero. She couldn’t remember.

 

“I know!” suddenly, Hyomin shouted.

 

Eunjung looked to her left with anxious face, she asked, “You know? Who is he?”

 

“Oh, no I don’t know him.” Hyomin innocently said.

 

Eunjung raised her eyebrow, “I thought you know?”

 

“Yeah, I did.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh, I think you know him.”

 

“Me?” Eunjung said while pointing her finger at her face.

 

Hyomin nodded her head, “Yeah.”

 

“Hah?”

 

Hyomin giggled looking at Eunjung who still clueless. “Remember, 5 years ago?”

 

Eunjung nodded. Hyomin shook her head, “Remember when my family found you.”

 

“Yeah, and they said I lost my memory which I was. So?”

 

“You lost your memory so, I think you know him but you didn’t remember him.”

 

Eunjung thought about what Hyomin said. It does make sense. Silly me.

 

“It’s this good news! You can finally meet your family after 5 years. Aren’t you happy?” Hyomin continued. Then she looked at Eunjung.

 

Eunjung smiled. She did felt happy, however it felt so weird. After 5 years...

 

 

Next day, with a lot of hopes, Jung Ilwoo went to find her around the area again. He looked to his left. He looked to his right. He looked everywhere. Then, he walked to the park to rest. Then, with luck, he spot one figure. He put on a smile. He ran to her, ran to find her, and ran to bring her back home. “Eunjung!” he shouted.

 

Eunjung who was jogging, stopped. She put her earphones down. She was listening to music in low volume so she could hear. She turned and saw the man that hugged her yesterday. She smiled to him and bowed, “Hello.”

 

Jung Ilwoo smiled and bowed to her. “You sure do like to hear music.” He chucked as he remembered she would always has her earphones. Still same as always.

 

“Huh?” Eunjung was clueless. "What did you just said?"

 

Jung Ilwoo shook his head, “Oh, nothing.”

 

Eunjung smiled and pointed at the bench nearby, “Let’s sit over there and talk if that what you want, right?”

 

How Jung Ilwoo missed her smile so much. He nodded his head and walked to the bench. They sat but it was silent between them, both not knowing what to say.

 

“You …know me right?” Eunjung bravely asked him. “You shouted my name…”

 

Even though Jung Ilwoo was confused, he nodded his head.

 

Eunjung smiled to him. She closed her eyes, trying to remember the last 5 years - it was a little hard. Then, she opened her eyes and looked to him, “When the last time… you see me?”

 

Jung Ilwoo smiled to her and looked to her eyes, “Last 5 years… you just lost.”

 

“I opened my eyes one day, not remembering who I am which last 5 years was. Do you think I’m the Eunjung that you know?”

 

“You …lost your memory?” Jung Ilwoo asked her, shocked. No wonder she didn’t know me.

 

Eunjung nodded her head, “Yeah, I woke up in unfamiliar room but I can only remember my name. Other than that, nothing I can’t remember.”

“Why aren’t you tried to look who you are?”

 

Eunjung just gave him a smile. She looked forward, “It’s not like I don’t want. I want to know but… I don’t have money and the family that saved me it’s not that rich. It’s kind of them for letting me live with them. I don’t want to burden them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter