lost in time

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 minutes

 

{Lost in Time}

 

 

He was playing his guitar, singing to the melody. The wind breeze the beach freshly as it was early in the morning. He was waiting for the sun to come out. It was his daily duty though, to sing and played the guitar while waiting for the sun to rise, the beauty of nature.

 

He took a bit of rest for a little while. He put his guitar down on the sandy beach and looked at the sea. He turned to his left, he saw a lady who was walking. Then, the lady looked at him. He startled, he didn’t want to be called as a ert so he quickly turn his head forward to the sea. He picked his guitar and tried to play a song but it was so awkward. He shook his head and put the guitar back down.

 

“Why did you stop playing?"

 

He looked to his left and was really startled. It was the lady. She stood next to him, while smiling so lovely. He quickly stood up and looked at her silently.

 

She stared at him blankly. The man didn’t answer her so she asked again, “Was it because of me?”

 

Hearing her said that he quickly denied, “No, no, no, no… it wasn’t you.” He scraped his head that wasn’t itchy.

 

She laughed.

 

He looked at her weirdly but then, he joined her. He laughed too. Her smile is beautiful, he thought.

 

“You are so funny.” She said.

 

“I am?” he never considered himself as one of the funny people but he wasn’t boring type, he was just a normal person. To be called as a funny, he didn’t know why but to feel being notice.

 

She nodded her head and smiled to him. It was weird because she was rarely smiled lately. “Can I sit here?” she said or rather asking him while pointing at the ground.

 

He looked at the direction and smiled to her, “Sure, why not?”

 

And they both sat, looking at the sea. The sun came out just in time for both of them to delight it.

 

“Is it beautiful?” she said, killing the silent between them.

 

“Yeah,” He said while nodded his head, even though he knew she wouldn’t notice it.

 

She looked at him and said, “Can you play the guitar?”

 

He looked at her. She was so closed to him. He felt his blood rushed to his face so he quickly turned forward. He took a deep breath, calmly himself and said, “Okay.”

She waited for him.

 

He took his guitar and started to play a song, singing too.

 

She closed her eyes, followed the melody and felt the lyrics. Wonderful, she thought. After he finished playing the song, she opened her eyes and looked at him directly and smiled. I smile again, she thought. She clapped her hands and praised on how wonderful he was.

 

He smiled and thanked her for her praised. He looked at her. She was beautiful but how come I see sadness in her face? He thought. He wanted to ask about it but… he was a stranger in her life – just a stranger.

 

She looked at her watch, and looked at him back. “I think I should go now.”

 

“Oh.” He said. He stood up as she stood up. He bowed to her as she bowed to him. She walked away without turning back. Deep inside him, he wished she would turn back at him. He wanted to look again at her beautiful face.

 

“Shot, I forgot to ask her name.” he said, disappointed at him. He wished he could meet with her again but… it’s impossible as he thought.

 

 

3 weeks, after he meet her. He was still with his daily routine but in a different feeling. Yes, he went to the beach every day, hoping he could me her again. He couldn’t get her off from her mind. He had fallen for the pretty stranger. Love in the first sight.

 

It was a fine night, and he went for a walk. The street had been so crowded and busy, people passing though him from front and back. The lights had shined the night, beautifully.

 

Bump!

 

He bumped into someone. He looked at the ‘someone’ to apologize but he stooped and looked the ‘someone’ face. It was her.

 

“I’m sorry.” She said but then she said again, “Oh it’s you.”

 

“I’m sorry too.” He said and bowed to her.

 

She bowed at him too and said, “Its okay.” She looked at him, wondering why she waited for him to say something.

 

He was still shock though but a voice said rather encouraged him to say something or he will regret. So, he carefully said, “Want to have a drink with me?”

 

Drink? She thought. She thinking whether she should accept or not but then again she accept it. She didn’t have any plan or things to do. Thinking to be able to make a new friend before life end, she agreed.

 

 

They walked into a cafe named Miracle, Miracle Café – a very nice name with a beautiful meaning indeed. Miracle… she was hoping for it but she knew it will never, never happened to her.

 

Both of them sat on the end beside the big window. She sat, waiting for him to take the drinks. She looked through the window, looking at the busy people walking here and there. All of them were working, working for their life.

 

A sound was heard and it was the sound of the drinks being put on the table, distracted her from looking at the streets. “Thank you.” She thanked him and took the drink.

 

He smiled to her. He drank his coffee while thinking on what should be talks about – to begun a conversation. Then, he remembered, he didn’t her name yet. So he asked her, “What’s your name? I’m Jung Yonghwa.”

 

She looked at him. “Seo Joohyun, but I prefer Seohyun.”

 

“Nice name.” he said and drank again, controlling his nervous. Yes, he was nervous for the first time in front of a girl and it was her.

 

“So, what did you do for living?” she asked, killing the silent between them.

 

“I played at the streets, I had a band.” He said while smiling. It had been his little habit to be so bright when he talked about his dream, music.

 

“Really? I never heard a band before, I mean street band.” She said, interested. Music had once been her dream and she had tried to reach it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter