I Like You

Ticking Clock; Collection of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 2 minutes -

{I Like You}

 

{A/N} I re-edit this too. I read it all back and I felt so embarrassed by the many mistakes that I made. Haha, it was horrible – my writing during high school. 15/6/14

 

 

 

‘I like you’ those three words echoed in her mind. Jieun better known as IU closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened back her eyes and then smiled.  The sight in front of her was breath taking even after she had seen it millions of times.

“IU-ah,”

IU turned around and looked behind her. She smiled upon seeing her best friend. “What?” she asked, seeing her best friend walked toward her, crossed hands.

“Thinking on how to confess again?”

IU blushed. She then shouted, “Luna-ah!” She pouted as she felt so embarrassed by it.

Luna moved closer beside her friend. She nudging IU’s arm and said, “Why, it’s true isn’t it?” She teased the young looking girl. Oh how she loved to best friend.

IU covered her face with her hands. She then slowly put down her hands and took a look at her best friend who was raising her eyebrow. “It’s embarrassing when you said it out loud.”

Luhan giggled. “Sorry, sorry.” She then pinched both of IU’s chubby cheeks. “You’re so cute.”

“Luna-ah!”

Luna just laughed.

 

 

 

 

And without they noticed, someone was spying on them. Overheard would probably in his dictionary.

“IU likes someone?” He said softly, mumbling to himself. “Who?” he closed himself toward the door but he didn’t seem to hear them saying any names.

In the midst of thinking and spying, suddenly he heard Luna said.

“Let’s go back to class.”

“Sheep, they’re coming.” He said, knowing it was his que to walk off. Spying was over was the right words.

 

 

 

 

IU walked into her class hand in hand with Luna, giggling with each other like they always did. They were like sisters but with different blood. People sometimes envied how they could be so close to each other, because people always change.

IU walked to her seat, knowing that the class would probably start in a few minutes. As she sat waited for the teacher to came, she looked around the class and smiled. Most of her classmates were still missing. Probably still at outside. She watched the remained people that were in the class were bust talking and chatting, gossiping with each other. Typical.

IU then glanced to her side, her seatmate. Yang Yoseob. There he was, being the typical him as he was taking his usual nap during the recess. She took a look at him for awhile, admiring the beautiful feature of a sleeping man. She watched as the hair was nicely style according to the rule. She seemed to be spellbound with the hair, thinking it’s beautiful. It was weird.

Having enough of spying him, IU let a soft chuckled how she thought, she was starting to think weird. She then looked to the other side – the window. Since her desk was right next to the window which she loved the most, she could look up to the sky or the people on ground whenever she felt bored.

“Oh recess is not o-over yet?” Someone was mumbling and IU could hear it. “IU-ah,” that person called out her name.

IU blinked her eyes and thought a little. Me? She looked to her side and noticed her seatmate was staring at her. “Did you call me?” she asked.

It was Yoseob and he giggled.

Oh, please don’t do that. It’s too cute. IU was holding her excitement, prevented herself from not spazzing for it.

“Yes and are you free this Saturday?” Yoseob asked.

IU with a clueless mind replied it with simple answer. “Yeah,”

“Great,” Yoseob straighten his body. “I need your help to pick a gift for my mom.” He continued before he asked, “Will you come?”

IU was stunned, shocked a little. Never did she expect for Yoseob to ask her out. Of course, why would she even expecting it? And since she was happy, too happy, she replied with bloat answer. “Sure.”

“Good, I’ll text you later.” Yoseob said and then he looked forward when he noticed their teacher had already entered the class. Next lesson it is.

IU then slowly looked forward and mumbled with happiness, “I got to go out with him?” a smiled unconsciously formed as he couldn’t hide her excitement. Is this, a date? No, of course not.

 

 

 

 

“IU-ah!” it was Luna that shouted.

IU looked behind her and saw her typical late best friend. She then put her hands on her waist. “Late again?” she raised her eyebrow.

Luna giggled. She put both of her hands together and pleaded for apologize. “I’m sorry.”

IU shook her head and chuckled. “Let’s go.”

They walked to their home together like always. They would sometimes stop in front of shops and looked around, fooling around. With snacks on their hands, Luna then asked, “Will you free this Saturday, IU-ah?”

Saturday? IU then remembered her deal with Yoseob. It wasn’t a date. “Not really...” she hesitantly answered.

Luna raised her eyebrow, looking confused at her best friend. They stopped from walking and stood by the side of walkers. “How so?”

IU took a deep breath. She knew her best friend will make a big deal with it. Even it was nothing. It wasn’t a date. “Actually,” she began. “I will help Yoseob to pick a gift for his mother.”

Luna let out an ‘oh’ sound for . Her lip then moved upward, smirking at her best friend. “A date, huh?”

I knew it. Typical of Luna, IU knew she will be going to get tease. “No,” she denied in a cute tone that she didn’t even realize it. “It wasn’t a date. I’m helping him to pick a gift.” She said.

Luna laughed. “Yeah, when a guy ask a girl out and they were together alone, it’s a date no matter what’s the reasons it was.” She stated the matter of facts.

Oh, how IU hated when Luna was right. Luna made it sound so right, that she started to think it over. No, it wasn’t a date. “Yah!” was the only she could think of to argue.

Luna kept on continued laughing. She felt excited in the same time. “You like him. It’s obviously a date.”

“No, it isn’t!”

“Good luck with the kisses.” Luna ignored and continued on, her teasing sets.

“Luna-ah!”

 

 

 

 

Saturday come pretty much slow for IU even though it was only the one day gap since Yoseob had asked her out. It wasn’t a date. She had been telling herself it wasn’t a date but deep inside her, she knew it was technically call a date. Bess Luna for brainwashed herself.

Beep beep; it was her phone’s message ringtone. IU took a look at her phone and read.

Yoseob Yang – Hey, meets you at the mall around 4pm. I’m sorry I couldn’t take you from   home. L

IU giggled as she read. She felt her heart beat rose up and beat to a fast rhythm. “Calm down,” she said as she glanced at the clock perfectly hang on the blue sky in colour wall. In six hours, she will be meeting with him. Nervous was the best choice of word of she currently felt.

 

 

 

 

It already four o’clock in the evening, and IU came right in time. She was glad that she was late or somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter